Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
Compunerd

Drives: 2011 1LT SIM
I can honestly say now that I prefer AAC's footwell lighting over the GM one. Cheaper and no drilling/screws.
Compunerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
ripcurl329

Drives: 2012 SS/RS 45th & 1970 SS/RS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
so $600 just to have a few LEDs put into the cupholder
id have it done if it were a little cheaper actually alot cheaper

I know it.... that's why I told them they had to include it for free to sale the car.

Kenny Powers: Sure, I’ve been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I’m not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren’t as good. That used to be called patriotism.
ripcurl329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #17
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I would not have ordered the car with this option but since it was part of the sticker I didnt fuss about it. My only complaint is that it is very dim compared to the 15 dollar LED strips I installed in my 2010. And I mean VERY dim. Not worth 550 bucks at all.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #18
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Bringing back an old thread...I bought my 2013 ZL1 about a month ago. On the dealer sheet that they gave me before I purchased the car it said it had option (RPO: S0O) dealer installed footwell and cup holder kit. It's also listed on my RPO code sticker. However I don't believe it is installed. There are no lights in the cup holders, nor is there a switch there. Am I missing something? Is this something I can bring back to the dealer and have them install free of charge since it says it's on the car according to the sales paper they gave me? It's a 2013 and I bought it certified pre-owned. Thanks.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #19
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by San2cci View Post
Bringing back an old thread...I bought my 2013 ZL1 about a month ago. On the dealer sheet that they gave me before I purchased the car it said it had option (RPO: S0O) dealer installed footwell and cup holder kit. It's also listed on my RPO code sticker. However I don't believe it is installed. There are no lights in the cup holders, nor is there a switch there. Am I missing something? Is this something I can bring back to the dealer and have them install free of charge since it says it's on the car according to the sales paper they gave me? It's a 2013 and I bought it certified pre-owned. Thanks.
If it's on the papers there's no reason you can't demand it. But beware there is nothing that FORCES them to install it, they can simply say oops that's our bad we will not install it but we will buy the car back from you. Then you have to make the choice to let it go or return the car.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #20
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
The kit was in a box in the trunk when I took delivery of the car. If you cant produce the kit I doubt the dealer would be of much help. Go with an aftermarket LED kit. Much brighter with a lot more options. I never use the one that was installed by the dealer. I installed an OPT 7 kit and love it.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #21
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Thanks for the replies. I might bring it up to them and see how that goes. Maybe the original owner didn't even know they weren't installed. It was an older woman who owned it so it's a possibility. Could you send me a link to the kit you have? Thanks

Tony I'm new to the ZL1, any major differences you can tell me about compared to my old 2010 2SS? I know the obvious, the PTM with the 5 different modes and the lap timer setting. Anything else though? Or anything I need to be aware of?
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #22
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
We have the footwell kit at the link below, no screw or switches. It use the same circuit as your map light so the lights come on and shut off when you open and close the doors.
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2010-...-lighting.html

bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote