Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #57
tweeter81

Drives: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
There's not enough of them (yet) that I pass Camaros from behind. Most of the time I see them from a distance or on the other side of the road. At a glance and at a distance it is impossible to tell the difference between the Camaros. I have no problems with the Mustangs because of the prominent badging on all 4 sides and the 4 headlights on the GT. I have similarly no problem with M3s because of the significantly different grille and the 4 tailpipes and the M3 badge.

Camaros DO look like they went with the budget route by making all the cars look exactly the same with just a tiny little indistinguishable badge on the front and rear being the difference. Yes I know the front fascia is different but it is hard to tell (because they look very similar) and on a black car you can't see the mailslot from a difference. From the side it's virtually impossible to tell the difference between the Camaros. You have to look for that very tiny difference in the side profile of the front fascia and maybe a slightly sticking out tailpipe but if the angle is wrong you can't tell.

Again - obviously one can tell the difference from a picture, where you can take the time to examine the nuances like the Brembo brakes or other subtle differences but when the car is moving at you have a fraction of a second to glance at it, you should be able to tell the differences.

This is not Communism where we have to go around wearing the same drab gray clothing. More powerful versions should look significantly different. The Z/28 is the only Camaro I'd buy because it's the only distinguishable Camaro that looks different from the front, side and rear.
I completely agree! When you pay $10K-20K over a base model, you should get a significantly more aggressive looking exterior.
tweeter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #58
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
There's not enough of them (yet) that I pass Camaros from behind. Most of the time I see them from a distance or on the other side of the road. At a glance and at a distance it is impossible to tell the difference between the Camaros. I have no problems with the Mustangs because of the prominent badging on all 4 sides and the 4 headlights on the GT. I have similarly no problem with M3s because of the significantly different grille and the 4 tailpipes and the M3 badge.

Camaros DO look like they went with the budget route by making all the cars look exactly the same with just a tiny little indistinguishable badge on the front and rear being the difference. Yes I know the front fascia is different but it is hard to tell (because they look very similar) and on a black car you can't see the mailslot from a difference. From the side it's virtually impossible to tell the difference between the Camaros. You have to look for that very tiny difference in the side profile of the front fascia and maybe a slightly sticking out tailpipe but if the angle is wrong you can't tell.

Again - obviously one can tell the difference from a picture, where you can take the time to examine the nuances like the Brembo brakes or other subtle differences but when the car is moving at you have a fraction of a second to glance at it, you should be able to tell the differences.

This is not Communism where we have to go around wearing the same drab gray clothing. More powerful versions should look significantly different. The Z/28 is the only Camaro I'd buy because it's the only distinguishable Camaro that looks different from the front, side and rear.

wow. you didn't get my point. the real point is you are more into the cars you speak of because you can pick out the differences. I for one can tell easily by passing or going the other direction the differences of a camaro. I can not tell the differences between a gt or v6 mustang. those two mustangs look basicly the same to me, from a distance. which goes to prove you are a mustang fan and a bmw fan. and I am not as big of a fan of either of those.

I do agree that for an extra 15-20k there should be visual differences. just like the GT500 does. and guess what it sure looks like they are doing that. it seems to me you are complaining to complain.

and the communism comment. . .sheesh. . .if you feel that way make your car more of your own by modifying the looks. there are many ways to let everyone know that you need an extension of a male member. . .yes I busted on myself as well because I want a Z28 and don't mind people knowing I'm driving around in a bad ass car. so get over it.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #59
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
wow. you didn't get my point. the real point is you are more into the cars you speak of because you can pick out the differences. I for one can tell easily by passing or going the other direction the differences of a camaro. I can not tell the differences between a gt or v6 mustang. those two mustangs look basicly the same to me, from a distance. which goes to prove you are a mustang fan and a bmw fan. and I am not as big of a fan of either of those.
You've just lost all credibility. You're telling me that for a normal person, it's easier to tell a V6 from an SS Camaro, versus a V6/GT Mustang?

These two cars are virtually indistinguishable except for that mailslot. And if you didn't see the mailslot, there's no way you could tell the difference if these two cars drove by you whilst you yourself were driving.

Whereas these two cars are obviously different, with the two big honking headlights in the GT grille, the big ugly square around the V6 Mustang logo

Come on - if you're going to argue, at least have some good objective arguments! It's a common complaint that the RS V6 looks almost identical to the SS Camaro; it's not about being a BMW or Ford fanboy, because I am more familiar with the Camaro than either the BMW or Ford and it's very difficult for me to tell the difference between the Camaros on the road.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #60
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
You've just lost all credibility. You're telling me that for a normal person, it's easier to tell a V6 from an SS Camaro, versus a V6/GT Mustang?

These two cars are virtually indistinguishable except for that mailslot. And if you didn't see the mailslot, there's no way you could tell the difference if these two cars drove by you whilst you yourself were driving.

Whereas these two cars are obviously different, with the two big honking headlights in the GT grille, the big ugly square around the V6 Mustang logo

Come on - if you're going to argue, at least have some good objective arguments! It's a common complaint that the RS V6 looks almost identical to the SS Camaro; it's not about being a BMW or Ford fanboy, because I am more familiar with the Camaro than either the BMW or Ford and it's very difficult for me to tell the difference between the Camaros on the road.
well with the camaro you should at least use a real 2010 camaro picture not a concept picture. sheesh. I lost credibility. . . that's an epic fail in my book for you.

RS is a package. . .not a trim level. why do most newbies think it's a trim level? oh well.

I'm telling you I personally with out you having just told/shown me the difference between a mustang v-6 and a gt would never have known. I don't care enough about the mustake to go look it up. but um are you sure those lights are stock on a gt. I could have sworn my buddies I have driven doesn't have those. . .I'm pretty sure they're an option.

and did I say fan boy? no. I said fan. there is a difference. you are obviously not as familiar with the camaro as you think vs the bmw and mustang. I will stand my ground on a true fan of an automobile of any type can tell the differences better then any by standard. but yea guess you're right and I'm wrong. just because you can't tell.

but remember if you're going to use pictures at least use real camaro ss pictures not concept pictures vs a real v6. lmao.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #61
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I think GM did a decent job making the V6 and V8 look different with the front bumpers.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #62
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
<snip

snip>

It's even trickier if you add the California Special to the mix.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #63
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Wish my hood looked like that.
Your front end looks like it's "smiling" . . .
Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #64
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
I think GM did a decent job making the V6 and V8 look different with the front bumpers.
You also left out the little bulge near the fog lights... your line is covering it up.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #65
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Bad ass. Love those wheels. I wonder if the interior will have any significant changes.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #66
lre107

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Looks good, just wish the car would get here already!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #67
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
Red Jewel

Red Jewel Tintcoat with black stripes will do it for me!
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #68
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Don't bother arguing with REZ333! Early this year he went on and on complaining about the Z/28 even before anyone even know for sure if one is coming. I thought he would have bought the GT500 by now and not even bother with the Camaro or the Z/28. Back then his complaint was the Camaro was too flashy (not sleepy enough) and drawing too much attention onto itself; I had to correct him on the fact that Camaro was the more subdued between the Camaro and the Mustang. I had to tell him that the Mustang (GT500) with all of the scoops sticking out everywhere and stripes loud enough to be heard from the moon. Now it's the other way around....

His biggest problem back then was what and how to think for himself. Please someone TELL him what and how to think and please do it quickly before we get this thread all dragged out.

Personally I would like a Z/28 with minor appearance changes and MAJOR performance enhancements. Please keep the price right for us poor folks... A Z/28 Convertible in Hugger Orange would seal the deal for me.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote