Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #127
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Yeah u don't have to have a Camaro to have ignorant drivers,as this happened to me in my jeep a couple weeks ago. I was on the way home from the gym and went to get over and this dickweed wouldn't let me over he would speed up when I did so I let up and got behind him honked the horn and gave him the finger then he pulled in front of me at the gas station and said i was speeding or something like that and that bitch was doing it to, he also threated me and acted like he was gonna get out and beat me up, and he didn't cuz if he did i would have kicked him as hard as i could of
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #128
tjudah87

Drives: 16 Camaro 1LT SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydon View Post
Sorry, but I have to agree. It's all about location. I love in MD and none of that has happened to me. I've had my Camaro for 1-1/2 yr now and still get admiring looks and most people get out of my way so they can see the car as it is going by . . .
I wish I could say the same about Baltimore specifically. Some people show love and some show hate. The hate is pretty random just like others have described a bunch of inexplicable lane changes, sudden increases or decreases in speed, and yes I think the green does play a factor!

tjudah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #129
WICG2772
Bring on the sunshine!

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS Rally Ylw/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
I deal more with comments about the car from jealous family members. not so much with people on the road although i get a few thumbs up from passer by's
Me too, what's up with that?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #130
WICG2772
Bring on the sunshine!

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS Rally Ylw/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Think thats hard, trying being a chick driving one of these cars. Girls are jealous and pissed that ur not a hot guy driving it and guys underestimate a girl driving a sports car. I definately think it's a jealousy thing. I dont get into too much trouble in mine tho. I drive fast and usually I am the asshole blowing through traffic. I live up to the fact I drive a sports car and my license plate holder in my avatar
I've had that happen too!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #131
lre107

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
I am late to this discussion, but I think it is a southern thing. I mean there are d-bag drivers everywhere. But I recently moved from the Ann Arbor area to Hoover(Birmingham), Alabama, and I think the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life drive down south.

I am cut off, almost hit, tailgated(while I am going 78mph) or something almost everyday. I have seen people blantantly ignore stop lights and turn right in front of uncoming traffic. Turn signals.....I think most people down here don't know what that extra lever on there steering column is for.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #132
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbness View Post
It is part of the hassle and Joy of Camaro Life.

There is something about the car that makes some people become assholish, for me it appears most BMW folks have an issue with our cars and when I do get cut off it is usually a BMW (ok just kidding) But you do get less folks being kind on the road as you would with other cars. The Good news is you do have the Power and ability to leave most of as a memory !
Its funny, as a previous BMW owner I can say drivers in general are more aggressive towards BMWs than the Chevy. And I have been cut off by a Camaro or two (Not 5th gens).

I think it is part jealousy and part let me show you how fast my car is syndrome.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #133
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Again, I stand by the thought that it isn't the camaro...it just the lack of common courtesy for other human beings in America.

I will say...recently...Hondas and modified Infinti G35-37s have been trying to race me or drive me off the road. I have never indulged in street racing, but why would someone in a G35 try to race anyone?....
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #134
respawn

Drives: 2010 Syn Green LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfprobeezer View Post
Question: Does anyone else park in 2 parking spaces (at an angle) way out in the boon docks of the parking lot to avoid door dings and other idiot marks from other people?? Please let me know lol!
I actually have resulted in doing this. Not only for my protection, but for OTHERS. All my friends say I am being a jerk, but seriously, I have a reserved spot near the building and I park about 100 yards in the back row (and take up 2 spots). When I go to the grocery or movies, I park in BFE and take up 2 spots.

Why? I have had too many instances where I come out and some tool (even with me parked ALONE out in BFE) thinks it is funny or cool to park his vehicle right next to me. Like WHY? And either he has hit me with his door and scratched my paint or twice it was ME. Trying to get in my cammy, the doors seem to have 2 positions, open and "OMG let all the dogs in open". If you havent experienced this, once you get past the first position the door wildly swings to the last position and the door is all the way open. It is at this point that the door is way into the other parking spot and if someone is there, you have hit their vehicle with your door!!

I park in two spots so even if someone parks near me, I dont have them hitting me or better yet me hitting THEM.
respawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #135
enVader
Yuma 5th Gen Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, CGM
Quote:
Question: Does anyone else park in 2 parking spaces (at an angle) way out in the boon docks of the parking lot to avoid door dings and other idiot marks from other people?? Please let me know lol!

I was doing this for a while, but it seems like when you park in 2 spots, it's an invitation for others to think that we are the a$$sholes taking up two spots and they want to park next to us. So more often now, I'll try to find an end spot, still out in BFE, and park as close to the side curb as possible. that Usually gives enough room on the other side that even if someone did park next to me, neither my door nor theirs opens far enough to hit the other.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #136
Jimi Mack

Drives: 2011 LT1 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Its funny, as a previous BMW owner I can say drivers in general are more aggressive towards BMWs than the Chevy. And I have been cut off by a Camaro or two (Not 5th gens).

I think it is part jealousy and part let me show you how fast my car is syndrome.
I live in an area where there are a LOT of BMW's, Audi's etc.. and here, it IS the Camaro that these guys go after. It has to be. Some say that it's not the car, well if I was in a 1996 Ford Taurus, they wouldn't be doing their best to maneuver through traffic to get right up on my @ss and stay there no matter how fast I went. I think I'm the only one in my city of over 20,000 that owns a 5G Camaro. To be honest with you, I rarely pay attention to any BMW, unless he's cutting me off or riding my @ss.

I watched some idiot in a SmartCar this morning take off like a bat-outta-hell when I pulled up behind him on the freeway. He was doing about 70...seen me and started his in-n-out at 85mph. Never want to see anyone get in an accident, but these guys in these small cars driving like maniacs....one day they'll learn a lesson and I don't want to be the one who has to cut them outta their Prius or Smart Car and piece them back together.
Jimi Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #137
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I think it might just have to do with the fact that there is a high level of d!ck heads in New Orleans. Doesn't seem to happen here. People usually just gawk and watch me as I pass them by. Although some jealous piece of work did bash my windshield for no reason at all. So... there is some level of d heads here too. But... judging from the footage I saw from Katrina with everybody shirking any self responsibility for their own well being, looting everything in sight and then murdering and raping multiple people in the Superdome during the nations worst natural disaster... I'd say your problem ins't your car... it's your neighbors and their tendency for malfeasance. : )
Dnt forget the part where the cops killed innocent citizens while your ranting on.
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #138
DJ UNKNOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by respawn View Post
This bothers me. Over 5 years after Katrina and we still have this stigma on our beautiful city. I know it's ignorance and mainly the media to blame. Ignorance as in not knowing. Not knowing the truth.

Fact is, there was a shut down of communication across the city and state when Katrina hit. The rest of the world, just like any tidbit of sensationalism that can sell more advertising, just started making up $@*! because they didnt have anything real to report on. And what looting happened (sure some did in the worst neighborhoods, what city DOESNT have bad neighborhoods) and was caught on film was shown over and over like that was the only thing happening.

After it was said and over, no one went back to clarify that NO ONE was murdered inside the superdome. NO ONE was raped inside the superdome. The "rumor" of the 9 year old girl raped in the bathroom? The police investigated. No girl came forward. No family or friends. It was completely made up. But does the media go back and say "sorry we feed this trash into the nation's livingrooms for 6 days because we didnt know what was actually going on" ? No. We have people left with the idea that New Orleans is full of filth and low life citizens.

Sure, it isnt an utopia here. We have our share of problems. We have gangs, and we have drugs, and we have murders in the city, but for the most part they are isolated to parts of the city that your average tourist will never see. And Katrina was bad, but it isnt nearly as bad as the media decided they wanted to depict to the rest of the world.
Thank u for clearing tht up
Old 08-18-2011, 02:31 AM   #139
DJ UNKNOWN

Quote:

I was in the farthest two stalls the other day, and the establishment was not even close to being busy. Some jackass in a ford F250 (yes that was his first mistake) parks so close to my car, my girlfriend couldnt even walk through. He had to have climbed out the passenger side of the truck to get out. I left a nice (ok not so nice) note on his P.O.S.

Is it people being jealous? Or being huge D-Bags? Or Both??
I alway try to park away frm people but I still manage to get door dings and someone even hit my car when it was parked in no mans land! Its like they go out of their way to do damage
Old 08-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #140
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 S/C SS/RS CGM
rule of thumb, guy in average car generally doesnt care and knows you most likely do
you get this cause they think " he will move, doesnt wana get hit"
i say this cause i know ALOT of people who do this when driving

622RWHP/512FTLBS on 91 octane
2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz. Nic D tuned
My build thread
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote