Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #71
VJCamaro
Please not have any Delay

Drives: 2SS, RS, Sunroof, Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
??? Where did you come up with that????
You are joking aren't you?
GM uses tire pressure sensors that are built onto the inside of the valve stem. You can transfer them to new Rims but you need to make sure they are located the same distance from the center point of the rim as the ones they came out of.
Then you can either make sure the correct TPS goes back into the same postition as they came off or your can reset them as you said. but they are not "Chips in the tires"

By the way most Rim Manufacturers offer a set of new TPS sensors that are compatable to your make car. all you need to do is ask them about it.
Good to know that Manufacturers offer a set of new TPS sensors that are compatable to your make of car.
FYI - the sensors in the tire are RFID tags. YES, they are "Chips in the tires" or valve stems.
VJCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #72
punkdrum01

Drives: 1999 z28 Vert Black/Black
I amazed how quite the ride was at 70 mph........very little tire roar. You were right Scott
punkdrum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #73
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrum01 View Post
I amazed how quite the ride was at 70 mph........very little tire roar. You were right Scott
This is a surprisingly quiet car. Great on the trip to California. I will tell you this is THE best $26,000 car I've ever driven. PERIOD.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #74
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
This is a surprisingly quiet car. Great on the trip to California. I will tell you this is THE best $26,000 car I've ever driven. PERIOD.
I wonder if the LS is as Quiet as the LT?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #75
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJCamaro View Post
Good to know that Manufacturers offer a set of new TPS sensors that are compatable to your make of car.
FYI - the sensors in the tire are RFID tags. YES, they are "Chips in the tires" or valve stems.
I was going to buy some rims for my Sky before I decided to get a Camaro, and Discount Tire will sell a complete package, rims, sensors and everything.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #76
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
"Fuel range = 294 miles", Tank is full on this V6... how do you get that you will get 500 miles per tank for the V6? Is the Camaro's calculations that bad (+200 mile error)?

"Odometer = 9377 miles, Oil Life = 20% " Has the oil been changed before?

No Route Planned???????
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #77
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
those numbers dont add up then if thats right than at 27.2 mpg that its supposed to be getting that means it has an 11 gallon tank?? That cant be accurate can it?
Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #78
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
"Fuel range = 294 miles", Tank is full on this V6... how do you get that you will get 500 miles per tank for the V6? Is the Camaro's calculations that bad (+200 mile error)?

"Odometer = 9377 miles, Oil Life = 20% " Has the oil been changed before?

No Route Planned???????
Like I said earlier you cannot go by the fuel range and what the average MPG is. The fuel range is a calculation using not the displayed average MPG because that is resetable, but it stores a average MPG in the computer that is over a longer period of time (Maybe)
Say you have been flogging the car for a while, and the average mpg is down around 15 MPG... and you need gas and then reset the display, you drive easy for a few miles, Your average MPG shows 27, your gas tank is full but your range only shows 244 miles... well the computer has not fully averaged in your current MPG from what the average was say for the last 50 or so miles... You drive it constantly on the interstate for an hour and I bet that range would jump up significantly... That is how it works on my Sky...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-03-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #79
VJCamaro
Please not have any Delay

Drives: 2SS, RS, Sunroof, Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I was going to buy some rims for my Sky before I decided to get a Camaro, and Discount Tire will sell a complete package, rims, sensors and everything.
Very much appreciated Skyman 08. I gonna have to look into this a lil more.
VJCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 AM   #80
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernik View Post
How does the "Speed Warning" work?
I love that!! This option would have saved me from a speeding ticket I got the other day headed back from a job interview, I was so excited I found a really good job in this economy that I forgot to keep an eye out for smokies and I look up to see a poe poe in my rear view pissed because I was cruising at 80mph.... he was not running radar... go figure, they (radar detectors) only work... if Johny law is using radar... so I figure between the Speed warning and my Radar detector (which will be my first mod BTW! I will have double coverage on my tendency to unknowingly drop the hammer...

Thanks for the post Number 3!! Awesome job!!
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote