Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #15
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Talk to Becky @ Rodgers, she is on here, she will get you a good price on a 2LT. Gotta have the halos & extras!
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruckenbrod View Post
Sorry... Already test drove one, no going back now...
FORD HATES THAT WHEN IT HAPPENS

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
TSW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT Coup
I think the 2 LS has the taller final drive ratio...making it slightly less quick. I would go 1 LT instead.
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
get what you can afford
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Don't buy a Camaro, period. You'll contract a bad case of permagrin, your wallet will never be full again while chasing the next mod, and you'll become addicted to Camaro5 and spend all your waking hours poring through hundreds of thousands of posting. Just say NO!......
Agreed have had mine 5 months my wallet is always empty now
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Not much opinion on which model (LT vs LS), unless you can afford to step up to the 1LT/RS - then I'd say do that.

Color? I lived in Phoenix for a couple of years and yes... there is frequently "dust" in the air. A dark color will drive you crazy trying to keep it clean. White would be much easier than AGM, but SIM probably requires the least amount of cleaning just because it shows dirt/dust less than any other color (IMO).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
Go with white, IMO it's one of the best colors for a camaro it looks better than any other color. Although I am incredibly bias but whatever lol. White with black wheels, gils, stripes, and a tint is the coolest camaro I have ever seen and am working my way through all that right now . As far as an ls or lt I would go with the lt, and if you can get the rs package do it. I regret not getting it and my next camaro will 100% for sure have the rs package. I am also a 19 year old college student, and this car just makes everyone want to be my friend hope it works for you too and congrats and I'm sure whatever choice you make will be best for YOU!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #22
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
If you plan to park it in the garage and enjoy detailing your vehicle get Black. Mine is black. I have only owned black vehicles because black is bad azz. I then needed a plain work truck so I got it in white. I now understand why people like white. It is the easiest to keep clean and it contrasts black very good. If I had known then I would have gotten mine in white.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #23
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
I sm looking at a new 13 black 2lt black is cool and frankly any dark color will show dirt. saw ble ray and that is dark too
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Black isn't bad persay, the issue comes from once you see it shiny in black you'll want that shine...

Forever.

So then you'll develop a clear cut OCD for making sure the car is damn near spotless whenever you see it. This OCD involves:

1. Ditching significant others because of "One more damn streak".

2. Becoming friends with the local car wash or developing a penchant for detail work each weekend, or both.

3. The hatred of all dust, everywhere. You will want to kill dust with your bare hands.

4. You will throw evil looks to anyone who dares to close the door with anything other then the handle, or the window. This is unavoidable.

5. The "look at my shiny ass black car in my rear mirrors" symptom. You will occasionally outright ignore direct conversation while driving because of this, potential relationship strain.

Mud and rain will become your sworn enemies. Wax will become a lighthouse in a troublesome storm.

6. Camaro5 will get bookmarked. You will be here every day. This one isn't color specific though.

7. The urge to completely black out the car for some reason.

8. You will on occasion, drive places for no reason other then to drive the car, also not color specific.

The 1LT and 2LS aren't too radically different in terms of features outside of the MyLink and RS package. Stick with what is comfortable rather then stretching would be my two cents, the 2LS is a solid machine.
This. Black rules IMO for almost any car but as he said above was spot on. There isn't anything you can do other than clean and try to keep from obsessing about it. Colors white looks great especially with some stripes, I love red too and it's a classic sports car color. Red with white stripes looks great IMO
Old 09-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #25
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Just over a year ago I was looking into buying either an LS or an LT. I went with the 1LT for 2 reasons, I would not have to upgrade the wheels and this one came with more options that I wanted over the LS I had located and the other reason is I would have had to drove a lot further for the LS I did locate. As far as color it should be your choice since you are the one owning and driving it. Only thing I can say about color is I own black, never had before, was even warned by friends how hard they are to keep clean. My thought was how bad could it be and bought one. It looks awesome when it is clean and I love the look especially with the stripes added but it is a second job to get it that way and keep it that way. It not only shows dust easy but look at one in the sunlight if the owner wasn't careful washing and waxing it, look at all the swirl marks. I know this will be the last black car I own. If you are looking into adding decals or stripes of some sort you may want to look into buying stripes and having someone that does it put them on, it may be a cheaper alternative, just make sure they are printed on 3M vinyl. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #26
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
[QUOTE=Cody2399;7024904]Go with white, IMO it's one of the best colors for a camaro it looks better than any other color. Although I am incredibly bias but whatever lol. White with black wheels, gils, stripes, and a tint is the coolest camaro I have ever seen and am working my way through all that right now . As far as an ls or lt I would go with the lt, and if you can get the rs package do it. I regret not getting it and my next camaro will 100% for sure have the rs package. I am also a 19 year old college student, and this car just makes everyone want to be my friend hope it works for you too and congrats and I'm sure whatever choice you make will be best for YOU![/QUOTE

Summit White.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #27
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Thank you all for your responses, they all are helping!

Question: A few of you stated it was worth going to the 1lt if also getting the RS, off the top of your heads, about how much additional is that in $$$ for an automatic? Unfortunately chevy doesn't have the build option on their site yet. And I won't be able to go to a dealership anytime this week to ask a sales person. (I trust you guys more than a sales person anyway.)
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #28
JL_s

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
2014 1LT with the RS package and a auto trans should be $4235 more than a base 2LS
JL_s is offline   Reply With Quote