Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Halo Reach - How will it compare?

FenwickHockey65 posted the new Halo Reach preview in the lounge, and I don't know how I feel about it yet. Either way, it deserves it's own thread.

IDK, I've always been a huge Halo fan--It's the reason I bought an XBox. But they better seriously get their heads together if they're going to compete with FPS games like Borderlands and MW2. The Halo controls pale in comparison to COD's and their graphics haven't progressed since Halo 2. Heck, the average non-enthusiast wouldn't be able to distinguish between Halo 1 and Halo 3 graphics. I get that they're not going for super-realism like COD, but neither did Borderlands and that game doesn't look like 1990's computer graphics.

After releasing the expansion pack that was ODST and passing it off as a standalone title, I've lost a lot of faith in the folks at Bungie. I'd really love for them to win me back, but I doubt that will happen. Here's hoping.

Thoughts?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
not rly a fan of halo much but, whats the difference between three and this?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanHfuda View Post
not rly a fan of halo much but, whats the difference between three and this?
This is an entirely new game. Different plotline, different characters, hopefully some new weapons, abilities, and graphics.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
I think it's gonna be pretty cool from what I can see from the trailer. At least the multiplayer looks pretty sick. I saw some kind of gun that looked like a combination of the Fuel Rod Cannon and the Needler. Looks like most of the weapons have a new look and maybe a redesign.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
From what I've read in Game Informer, this is gonna be a prequel story of the planet Reach, the Spartan experiments, and how the Covenant eventually destroy Reach and glass the whole planet. That is my VERY basic understanding of the game.
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
I'm right there with you on ODST: very disappointing. Reach should be a different animal all together.

Bungie has been promising some pretty epicly sized battles (saw them mention that they should be able to do 40 different AI characters all in one battle without too much trouble). Graphics wise, I have no clue what they are at right now, but I agree they could use a boost.

Though really, the thing I am looking forward to the most: The Covenant being frightening again. Ok, Grunts will never be scary sure, but Halo 2 and 3 took away any inklings of fear I had for the Elites (mainly due to being able to understand them). Oh, AND NO FREAKING FLOOD to fight!

I'm not sure if I like them using Spartan IIIs for the main characters. I would almost prefer they use one of the original Spartan II teams that were on the ground at the time.