Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #57
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Curious though, how much more expensive was the Cobra compared to a SS model? About 5-7K. For the record, a Cobra in stock form would put more than a car or two's length on a SS. I've raced enough at the track to know. Just for the record, the Cobra was available in either a Coupe or Vert, there were no extra options except for the 10th Anniversary Package. My 03 10th Anniversary was 35K on the tag. Most SS's I saw back then were 30K or so.

Man, you Camaro guys cannot give an ounce of respect to ANYTHING other than a bowtie.
Even though it's OK if you choose to do so, I've never really understood why owners of Mustangs, Chargers, etc, would want to spend their time trolling a Camaro forum?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #58
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
I could go at this garbage with you all day, but I'm not. I would like to throw a few things out there to you.

First, a 12 second bolt on ss isn't impressive to you? Sorry you have such high expectations but for a mildy modified car I have, it is impressive. No headers, no convertor, no tires. There was no naturally aspirated mustang before the 5.0 that could do that, was there? Nope. I remember back in '93 my buddy had a bolt on lt1 camaro that ran 12.80. How fast are mustangs back then?

I must say I'm intrigued by your super fast 4.6 mustang you brag about, so what does it run? What do you have done to it? I must know, you keep throwing it out there.

Here's a vid of me racing one of your 4.6 brethren. He had engine work, cams, gears, headers exhaust. Prime example of the turdishness you defend.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...y/8a444643.mp4
The reason I said it is not impressive is that I've seen a few STOCK SS's run 12.6-12.7, yet you are running a 12.4 with bolt-ons?

I have zero times yet. No excuse there, just that I can't seem to get to the track. However, I'll humor you and list my mods.

Vortech Supercharger, Stock Pulley, JBA Shorty's, O/R H Pipe, Roush Cat-back, 4.10 Gears, LCA's, GT500 Girdle, M&H DR's, GT500 TB W/Adapter Plate, etc.

My car has the exact same blower set-up as my old 07 GT, but, makes about 50 more RWHP, and has more supporting mods. Her 07 GT ran 12.2 @ 113 on a 100 degree day, with a 3900lb race weight, and 407 RWHP. So, the fact that one of my turdish cars ran quite a bit faster with a lot less power and heat soaked is saying something.

I'll be the first to say that a Bolt-on 3V GT with Cams is not exactly a car that is a monster on the street, haha. It's a mid 12 car on a good day as it would stand. Not enough to beat a Bolt-on SS.

I'm estimating my shit-box of a Mustang will most likely be running anywhere from 11.5-11.9 provided I can hook, and get a chance to run in weather that isn't near triple digits.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #59
Grabber
Just a car guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
how can you claim that the cobra DESTROYED the camaro in one breath, then say it was on par with the c5z? you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. the cobra was sandwiched between the two, and in reality didn't compare to either.

there have been a couple of guys post 12.0's with the zl1's, one at 121 mph. and the guy who hit 11's ran 11.77, which is well into the 11's. pretty sure another guy ran something around an 11.96 as well.

every asshole was supposed to hit 200 mph in a gt500, and zero assholes have hit that yet.
There have been MANY stock 03/04 Cobra's that have run 12.4-12.6 in stock Form. That is a huge margin compared to an SS. C5Z typically ran low 12's. So, for a car that is over 400lbs Lighter than a Cobra, the Cobra was able to hang with one to an extent. Granted the C5Z was faster all out, but, it wasn't lightyears ahead of a Cobra.

I encourage you to show me a Stock, Down to the Tire/Filter ZL1 trapping 121. I've only heard of 118 as the highest trap, which was by a member that posted a very impressive time slip a couple of days ago here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Even though it's OK if you choose to do so, I've never really understood why owners of Mustangs, Chargers, etc, would want to spend their time trolling a Camaro forum?
Not a troll. Just don't take to kindly to pure ignorance and shitty comments from stuck-up owners of any car brand.

If I were trolling, I'd be here to put down the Camaro, and talk shit. However, please read my near 500 posts. You won't see one post that puts down a Camaro in any fashion. Sure, I tend to defend Mustangs, but, I also defend other cars that receive no credit from certain owners here.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
Old 10-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #60
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:

Not a troll. Just don't take to kindly to pure ignorance and shitty comments from stuck-up owners of any car brand.

If I were trolling, I'd be here to put down the Camaro, and talk shit. However, please read my near 500 posts. You won't see one post that puts down a Camaro in any fashion. Sure, I tend to defend Mustangs, but, I also defend other cars that receive no credit from certain owners here.
I just honestly don't get the motivation. I'm not knocking Mustangs in any way, I just don't happen to own one so I wouldn't even think of spending time on a Musang forum.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #61
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So for any betting man, GT500 vs ZL1 both stock or with equal mods, same driver, which car would you put your $ on?
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #62
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
There have been MANY stock 03/04 Cobra's that have run 12.4-12.6 in stock Form. That is a huge margin compared to an SS. C5Z typically ran low 12's. So, for a car that is over 400lbs Lighter than a Cobra, the Cobra was able to hang with one to an extent. Granted the C5Z was faster all out, but, it wasn't lightyears ahead of a Cobra.

I encourage you to show me a Stock, Down to the Tire/Filter ZL1 trapping 121. I've only heard of 118 as the highest trap, which was by a member that posted a very impressive time slip a couple of days ago here.

My question to you is why in the world did you trade a bad-ass Cobra for an 05GT
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #63
Grabber
Just a car guy

Quote:
I just honestly don't get the motivation. I'm not knocking Mustangs in any way, I just don't happen to own one so I wouldn't even think of spending time on a Musang forum.
Again, I love Camaro's, and do hope to own one. I think they are great cars, and are impressive cars. I think they also look fantastic, and have an excellent style. It's just not in the cards for me to own one.

I'm here to offer my opinion and input, try and help members, learn about not only the competition but a car I will most likely own, have discussions about other cars that don't pertain to Mustangs and Camaro's, etc.

I'm on many Forums, not just Mustang Sites.
05 GT - Sold
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #64
A-little-perspective

Drives: 2011 C63
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post

every asshole was supposed to hit 200 mph in a gt500, and zero assholes have hit that yet.
I haven't seen or heard of any ZL1 owners going 7:41 around the Nurburgring either.
A-little-perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #65
Grabber
Just a car guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
My question to you is why in the world did you trade a bad-ass Cobra for an 05GT
What's up Newmoon? People still giving you shit on SVTP? Those guys are retards.

Well, long story short, I was in financial ruin at the time, and had to sell the Cobra. After the Cobra was gone, I bought a Lincoln LS, as I thought I was out of the sports/muscle car phase. Then, I got back on my feat, and bought a Mach 1. While it was a sweet car, I wanted more. I found a GT that was already modded, and compared to my Cobra in terms of straight line performance, and satisfied my need for speed so to say.

I still Love and Miss my Cobra. However, I can't go back to such an outdated car with a crappy interior since I've had something nicer now.
05 GT - Sold
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #66
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
What's up Newmoon? People still giving you shit on SVTP? Those guys are retards.

Well, long story short, I was in financial ruin at the time, and had to sell the Cobra. After the Cobra was gone, I bought a Lincoln LS, as I thought I was out of the sports/muscle car phase. Then, I got back on my feat, and bought a Mach 1. While it was a sweet car, I wanted more. I found a GT that was already modded, and compared to my Cobra in terms of straight line performance, and satisfied my need for speed so to say.

I still Love and Miss my Cobra. However, I can't go back to such an outdated car with a crappy interior since I've had something nicer now.
You know the SVT forum is great but there are just a few guys there that will never give the ZL1 any respect at all, and do not want to hear anything positive about the car. I'm sure there are a few Camaro guys here who are the same in regards to the Stang.

I miss my Cobra as well it was a really fun car to own, it just had too many miles on it and I wanted a change, then another change, LOL

I'm now in a SRT so I have no skin in the game on either side.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #67
Matrim77

Drives: Nocturne
Quote:

Thats what I was trying to say! well put sir! damn trolls!!
Matrim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #68
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Why so much hate for the Mustang?? The Camaro wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the Mustang. Youre seriously delusional if you never question the 4.6 thats in the lane next to you. My buddy has an '04 Terminator that puts out 574whp on a stock blower, and an 04 GT twin turbo on a stock bottom end that puts out 640whp at 12psi. I can link a couple vids of him blowing away Vipers, Porsches, GTRs, heavily modified EVOs, Vettes, you name it. Your vid doesnt show a kill. It shows you had a better reaction time.
I'm not going to lie, I really was intimidated by the mustang in the video. You can hear it loping in the video, it sounded killer. So with that said, I don't discount any car in the lane next to me. You say it wasn't a kill? Yes, he was sleeping, but it really was quite a kill (although I don't ever call it that.) he only ran a low 13 second pass. So regardless if he was sleeping, it was still a huge margin.

Why so much hate? I don't know, I just hate ford and dodge. Dodge is probably more self explanatory. Everyone knows their garbage. Ford on the other hand is a better quality product, but I still don't like them. This is just my opinion and how I feel. You love your mustang, good for you. I love my camaro, good for me. Want a hug?
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #69
Speedforhire

Drives: 2013 GRAND SPORT (aka: EREBUS)
Quote:
..........Dodge is probably more self explanatory..............
........sometimes one is not enough!

Nothing can compare to the vintage muscle cars. They have a certain charm that is second to known and started it all. Regardless of brand!

Here's my work-in-progress:

Beers on me everyone.............
Speedforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #70
Grabber
Just a car guy

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, I really was intimidated by the mustang in the video. You can hear it loping in the video, it sounded killer. So with that said, I don't discount any car in the lane next to me. You say it wasn't a kill? Yes, he was sleeping, but it really was quite a kill (although I don't ever call it that.) he only ran a low 13 second pass. So regardless if he was sleeping, it was still a huge margin.

Why so much hate? I don't know, I just hate ford and dodge. Dodge is probably more self explanatory. Everyone knows their garbage. Ford on the other hand is a better quality product, but I still don't like them. This is just my opinion and how I feel. You love your mustang, good for you. I love my camaro, good for me. Want a hug?
I do want a hug. Can I haz?

It's cool bro. I didn't mean to step on your toes. If I ever met ya, I'd drool over your car, and buy you a few round of beers.

I love my Mustang, but, it's nothing to brag about compared to what is on the street. I enjoy it, and that's all that matters.

Sorry for the pissing match dude. I really didn't mean to come off as a Butt-hole.

-Chris
05 GT - Sold