Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #15
Dragan187

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
most of the SS camaros in my area for this year and price have 60K miles and up on them. would i rather have the 2ss? u betcha. but the 1ss for me aint too shabby. My goal is to get it for 20,000. Will i run it hard all the time? No. But I wont be Driving Miss Daisy with it either. I also drive a pickup with a strong V8 in it and shake my head at the guys with V6 engines in their trucks. For me its a deal, but i do respect everyones opinions on this board. Its why i asked.
Dragan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #16
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
Approximately one year ago, I paid $21,500 through a dealership for my 2010 Camaro 2SS with 52k miles. Therefore, the asking price doesn't appear unreasonable IMO.
Exactly.

9 months ago i paid $19,500 for a 2010 with 65k miles (AutoNation Ford Bradenton). It is within the price range. After 70K miles, the price really starts to drop.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #17
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan187 View Post
most of the SS camaros in my area for this year and price have 60K miles and up on them. would i rather have the 2ss? u betcha. but the 1ss for me aint too shabby. My goal is to get it for 20,000. Will i run it hard all the time? No. But I wont be Driving Miss Daisy with it either. I also drive a pickup with a strong V8 in it and shake my head at the guys with V6 engines in their trucks. For me its a deal, but i do respect everyones opinions on this board. Its why i asked.
Hey man, if the HUD, leather, gauges, etc isn't all that big important, then do it!

I would just hate to see you buying all those same parts as upgrades when you could be spending your money on actual mods instead.

But only you know what is good for you. Good luck man!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #18
Dragan187

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I would keep shopping. You WILL find a deal for a low mile 2SS if you keep trying. It's also a 2012, so try and get newer as well as low miles if at all possible. I think a 2013 is the sweet spot for those early 5th gen looks + pretty much all the available electronic upgrades that came out after 2012.

My thoughts, even with the upgrade to the V8, you will remember your nice leather and gauge pack and all the other goodies you gave up for the engine. For that kind of money I suggest not giving anything up and doing the full upgrade. Don't sell yourself short.

Keep researching man. You will find it eventually. There is a 2SS out there just for you, you just haven't found her yet.
Great Great response and I agree with everything you said. I'll keep looking.
Dragan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Do I give up my leathers seats, HUD, 4 pack gauges, etc for the almighty v8? I'm thinking this is a steal. Yay or Nay?
Do you want the exhilaration of a powerful V8? You can't get it with seats and gauges... only with 6.2 Liters of awesome power.

Don't feel bad about it. I bought a 5th gen used 2012 1LT in July 2012. Great car, but it just didn't quite do it for me. In December 2012 I traded it in for a new 2013 1SS and have not regretted it for one second. The difference is mind-blowing.

YAY! DO IT! Sounds like a good deal too.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I would keep shopping. You WILL find a deal for a low mile 2SS if you keep trying. It's also a 2012, so try and get newer as well as low miles if at all possible. I think a 2013 is the sweet spot for those early 5th gen looks + pretty much all the available electronic upgrades that came out after 2012.

My thoughts, even with the upgrade to the V8, you will remember your nice leather and gauge pack and all the other goodies you gave up for the engine. For that kind of money I suggest not giving anything up and doing the full upgrade. Don't sell yourself short.

Keep researching man. You will find it eventually. There is a 2SS out there just for you, you just haven't found her yet.
Sound advice. The 13s do have a few improvements that are worth the few extra bucks you might have to pay.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #21
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Great Great response and I agree with everything you said. I'll keep looking.
When I got my V6 I settled for a 1LT with no sunroof because of finances and lack of patience. When I got my V8 I refused to look at anything other than a 2SS w/sunroof, manual, and only the two colors that I wanted. It took months for me to find one in my price range, but it was worth it. I don't drive around wishing I had more. Well maybe a convertible or 1LE. A ZL1 would be sweet. Oh man, this is how it starts. Wanna buy mine?

Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #22
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I was going to say look for a 13 also. I paid 24k in December of last year and it's loaded.
Found it on cars.com
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #23
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo SS View Post
When I got my V6 I settled for a 1LT with no sunroof because of finances and lack of patience. When I got my V8 I refused to look at anything other than a 2SS w/sunroof, manual, and only the two colors that I wanted. It took months for me to find one in my price range, but it was worth it. I don't drive around wishing I had more. Well maybe a convertible or 1LE. A ZL1 would be sweet. Oh man, this is how it starts. Wanna buy mine?
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #24
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Life comes with no guarantees, so live in the moment in the style of your choosing...go for it.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #25
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Exactly.

9 months ago i paid $19,500 for a 2010 with 65k miles (AutoNation Ford Bradenton). It is within the price range. After 70K miles, the price really starts to drop.
I should also add that at the time of sale, my brother had been employed at the subject dealership for 15 years and I purchased the vehicle for several thousand dollars less than the anticipated asking price (it had not officially been priced when I saw it, as the vehicle had literally just been placed on the lot).
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #26
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Not knowing your financial situation, it's hard to make a call. However, I do agree with the folks recommending 13s. And if you can find a 2SS 1LE, you'd be in heaven. Ok, that last part is not necessary, but it is a hell of a package for the price. Every time you go to a track, you'll wonder how a 3,900lb hippo can dance so incredibly well.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:30 AM   #27
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
To find the best bang for your bucks you may need to extend your search area...There are some great deals on this site being offered and companies like CarMax will ship any car that you like to their nearest lot, sometimes the shipping is free, but if it's a long distance there is a non-refundable charge, you are still not obligated to purchase the car...Good luck in your search and do not settle for any less than you desire...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:16 AM   #28
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
It's your choice. My son bought his 2SS 2 months before I bought my car. The 6.2L just wasn't that important to me, but it may be to you. I'm quite happy with the little nimble 3.6 LOL! You should go for what you want and makes you happy.