Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #43
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I hear ya, I shoulda specified "adult" because I tried to fit and the only way I could I had to sit sideways or the front seats had to be way up forward and then I don't know how the driver would fit. But I agree the Stingray is fully intended for two max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

My bad too, she is not a child. She is 28, I misspoke. I know she is not the usual case and only small people fit back there, but those back seats do allow more than just two people to be in the car.

I still would like to have one of each!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #44
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
My bad too, she is not a child. She is 28, I misspoke. I know she is not the usual case and only small people fit back there, but those back seats do allow more than just two people to be in the car.

I still would like to have one of each!
Well I will say my husband seemed to really really enjoy watching me get myself into that back seat!

Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #45
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
I just spec'd out a few C7's that I'd want to get and they're MSRP's ended up being a lot higher then a ZL1. Over time i've come to find out that the extra options and creature comforts make me happier and want to keep the car for longer periods of time. With the rumors of a dual clutch transmission on the horizon I'd definitely want to wait and see how that turns out because that would make the ultimate vette for me.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #46
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Checked out a C7 the other day at the dealer, while a very radical change in corvette styling, and very unique. I'll keep my ZL1. I'd be giving some car up moving to a C7.
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #47
Normagene

I put my wishlist together as well and the sticker price is high. Found one very very close to what I want, Cyber Gray w/Red interior, but Kalahari is my first interior choice
Pricing
Destination Charge $995.00
Installed Options
Battery Protection Package $100.00
Magnetic Selective Ride Control™ $1,795.00
Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package $995.00
Red-painted brake calipers $595.00
Performance exhaust $1,195.00
Z51 5-split spoke Black aluminum wheels $495.00
Z51 3LT $8,005.00
Total Options $13,180.00
MSRP* $67,975.00
If it had the Kalahari Interior I'd be there (dealership) Yesterday! Red is nice enough to get me there this weekend to check it out in person!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #48
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
I put my wishlist together as well and the sticker price is high. Found one very very close to what I want, Cyber Gray w/Red interior, but Kalahari is my first interior choice
Pricing
Destination Charge $995.00
Installed Options
Battery Protection Package $100.00
Magnetic Selective Ride Control™ $1,795.00
Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package $995.00i
Red-painted brake calipers $595.00
Performance exhaust $1,195.00
Z51 5-split spoke Black aluminum wheels $495.00
Z51 3LT $8,005.00
Total Options $13,180.00
MSRP* $67,975.00
If it had the Kalahari Interior I'd be there (dealership) Yesterday! Red is nice enough to get me there this weekend to check it out in person!

Normagene, are you really gonna go for it?! Keep us posted. There's no trunk for a body in the Vette. They'd surely kick the glass out of that rear hatch and run for help
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #49
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatguyzl1 View Post
I feel your conflict. My wife and I decided to trade our c6 convertible and the G8 GT in for a C7. No paying for winter storage since the C7 won't be delivered until April. It will be the only car in the stable that isn't black (cyber grey). It will be her daily driver for the summer, and I will stick with the ZL1. When either of us is bored we just switch. I can't seem to get out of the Vette and look graceful.

I swore I would never sell the G8GT but once I took the ZL1 on a long highway tour I had to admit it was just as comfy and I really didn't need for doors anymore.

So I say drive what you love, and love what you drive. And if you can't be with the one you love....love the one your with
Looks like my driveway used to until,the big D and then the second surgery,and bigger wheelchair..I just went and got a small 2 -bedroom apt,and trade or sell my cars every yr or so..sometimes sooner..but I must say nice..Oh I say get whatever you want to..
Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #50
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Anybody that knows my wifey, knew she wanted a 67 Mustang ...... That changed when she sat in the C7 and now she drives her 3LT/Z51 with a super ultragrin...... Had to keep the family all GM...

Next is Z/28 !
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 AM   #51
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
speaking of the C7 and modding things,Fastlane in Houston claims to have the baddest set of heads,and induction mods for the new C7 on the market..
My C7 is heading that way as soon as I get it,and having heads and cam done..I am hoping i will be able to drive it,I am working on losing weight,and a few other things ...
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #52
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Never understood the purpose of the back seat in the ZL1. It's not like anybody can actually fit back there??? Do love the Big Trunk, easily fits/holds TWO Adult Bodies! Have to checkout the Stingrays trunk, never know who may end up back there???......

I have my two daughters back there all the time. so that is the purpose. I just call my daugher daisy bobbi cause she like to go fast and it gives her two first names.

I had a Z06 before this and I could go with one daugter in the front. second kid was the tipping point for ditching the vette. I would rather actually be able to use my car I spent a pile of money on.

vett's are a bit low too to be practical where I live. I don't live in the city there are places I just could not really take my vette for fear of scraping up the rockers. the zl1 is not that tall but that last 1-2" is night and day. my Z06 would scrap the air damn just pulling into my shop.

I would still buy a C7 if I came into some extra mad money though. love the car.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #53
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
I have my two daughters back there all the time. so that is the purpose. I just call my daugher daisy bobbi cause she like to go fast and it gives her two first names.

I had a Z06 before this and I could go with one daugter in the front. second kid was the tipping point for ditching the vette. I would rather actually be able to use my car I spent a pile of money on.

vett's are a bit low too to be practical where I live. I don't live in the city there are places I just could not really take my vette for fear of scraping up the rockers. the zl1 is not that tall but that last 1-2" is night and day. my Z06 would scrap the air damn just pulling into my shop.

I would still buy a C7 if I came into some extra mad money though. love the car.
Yeah I can understand that for sure. I'm just more of a peace and quiet type, so I prefer to be alone in the car or if my husband feels he has to come along I'll usually stick him in the trunk. If he can keep his trap shut, especially about my driving, I may let him ride in the passenger seat. But I will definitely have the Stun Gun and duct tape in arms reach......just incase!

Old 10-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #54
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Yeah I can understand that for sure. I'm just more of a peace and quiet type, so I prefer to be alone in the car or if my husband feels he has to come along I'll usually stick him in the trunk. If he can keep his trap shut, especially about my driving, I may let him ride in the passenger seat. But I will definitely have the Stun Gun and duct tape in arms reach......just incase!

yes this is right in line with my new product idea the toddler taser. any time the why is used more than two times about the same thing it automaticlly nails them.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #55
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
yes this is right in line with my new product idea the toddler taser. any time the why is used more than two times about the same thing it automaticlly nails them.
About a year ago the police stopped a guy because he was seen letting his kids out of the trunk! True story, I think it was in New Bedford Mass, so the news media hunts the guy down, oh and I think he went in/out of a liquor store, and he looks right into the camera, and he was pissed, and says something like "this is just a game we play and the kids love it, so F-off". I almost fell over laughing when I saw this guy! A game the kids love to play.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #56
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
My opinion is that trading the ZL1 for a C7 is like trading your wife for a stripper even though they can do all the same moves but one requires a sturdier pole.
Sturdier Pole on who's Part??? I gotta show my husband this one! Requires a Sturdier Pole! Hahaha that's a good one!