Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #15
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Thats awesome! Could you tell us how to get that deal???

This is the link to the $250 dashlogic:
http://www.palmerperformance.com/sto...products_id=82

and

HUD option= $550 with the wiring harness.

Duh, the HUD is already there a.k.a free. Obviously the Dashlogic is going to cost you.
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #16
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xk49 View Post
Duh, the HUD is already there a.k.a free. Obviously the Dashlogic is going to cost you.
Oh. You were just saying dashlogic is better, not that you can get it for free.

I agree (to an extent) that dashlogic is better. But really the only thing thats better about it, is its integration and how nice it looks when installed. Everything else is sub par compared to torque pro in almost all aspects besides aesthetics and integration. Even better, I would much rather have a cluster of gauges. But I really don't need them at the moment, as I am not boosted and or fast enough to justify it.

This DIY is more for people like me who, would like to have a cheap easily accessible/reversible set of gauges.

P.S: HUD is not a factory item it is almost a $600 extra option
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
mikebaby

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 Vert
That's pretty cool. I've been thinking of getting a bezel for a non floor gauge car, because A) They are pretty useless where they are located, and B) I'd get more use out of the storage tray.

The gauges do hold my sunglasses perfectly however.

mikebaby
mikebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #18
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebaby View Post
That's pretty cool. I've been thinking of getting a bezel for a non floor gauge car, because A) They are pretty useless where they are located, and B) I'd get more use out of the storage tray.

The gauges do hold my sunglasses perfectly however.

mikebaby
Yeah, I agree with you they are oddly placed. I was curious why they didnt take advantage of all that unused and plentiful dash space we have, to maybe cut into and put in the same cluster. Would look kind of cool with an inlay above where our radio sits. +1 for the glasses holder though lol
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote