Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
Please Help! R6P - but my dealer doesnt know about pre April or intro pricing!!!

OK, good news and bad news...
Good News is my dealer called me and told me my car is being shipped TODAY! Hooray!!!

Bad news...
The window sticker and MSRP is defintely NOT reflecting the prices before IOM exterior paint became an extra charge, and the factory installed stripes went from $395 to $470 (and the auto went from 995 to 1185)

My dealer is telling me he isnt aware of any price increase and never received any memo or correspondence saying he has to honor pre-order pricing, nor how much prepricing is... He told me if I have anything to bring it in.

I have a pre-order pricing sheet I printed off of this website, and printed another member's letter from GM saying that they are entitled to "introductory prices", but no indication what those prices are.

Is there ANYTHING I can show him or tell him so that he will honor preorder pricing? Anything Official? Do I Call GM Customer Care (all they do is call the dealer anyway...) PLEASE HELP!
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
R1Ecko

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
PM camaro scotty and see what he can dig up. Or ucf woot. They know everything
Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Here's the old pricing... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8239
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
If the sticker or build sheet says R6P, then that should be enough proof.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suskam View Post
If the sticker or build sheet says R6P, then that should be enough proof.
The problem is there's been very little in the way of communication from GM stating that preorders would be price protected. The R6P code doesn't mean squat to a dealer.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
The problem is there's been very little in the way of communication from GM stating that preorders would be price protected. The R6P code doesn't mean squat to a dealer.
My dealer told me that the R6P code basicaly generated the Welcome Packet.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
renderinfo
R6P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
What UCF said is correct. I have the "preorder" pricing printed from the link above, but there's nothing "official" about it. I could jsut as easily print something that says the Camaro is $1, and the dealer wouldn't honor that either.

I did call Customer Care, and they called my dealer direct to "inform" them of pre-order pricing. Now it's just up to the sales manager to honor that or not. My "written deal" is MSRP on 10/28, now if the dealer wants to claim that's the window sticker price, I'm afraid that's the best I can do...

Thanks for all your help!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
Or you could look at this way. Your dealer knows COMPETELY about the R6P pricing AND the money HE'LL get back. He's just playing dumb so he doesn't have to share. My dealer was very careful when I ordered back in January to say "You'll pay the price on the sticker, no more." Of course pricing wasn't out then but, when the pricing increase came and I called him about it, he repeated the "Price on the sticker" line to me. Thankfully the only thing I was affected by was the destination charge going up $45. I was already at the premium paint price for RJT and $470 for the dealer installed stripes.

Plain and simple, the notice that came out was SUPPOSED to be for dealer's eyes only. Thanks to some honest dealers however, we were able to have it released here and know about it. The dealer is under NO obligation to honor pre-April pricing if they don't want to, unless you have a signed piece of paper with an actual price on it. Otherwsie, I'd ask, but don't expect too much. They are "salesmen" after all (Sorry Scotty )

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Bottom line is this:

The day you go to pay for your Camaro, buy yourself some Vaseline and pull your pants down..

Please don't ban me!!! I got the same "price on sticker" line as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
So the pre-order, w/ R6P code, window stickers have the new pricing and not the old?

How is that the "price protection" they promissed? So I guess it was never "promissed" to the customer after all.

Good luck to all getting this one straightened out at your dealer. I'm sure I'll end up paying the MSRP on the sticker.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro4me View Post
So the pre-order, w/ R6P code, window stickers have the new pricing and not the old?

How is that the "price protection" they promissed?

Good luck to all getting this one straightened out at your dealer.
Agreed. Without more support from GM, it's going to be next to impossible for the majority of us to get the protected price. Thanks GM!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
from what i've read on the forums, the dealer is supposed to be credited the difference. the dealer aint letting go of that money if you ask me and that is why they are saying that you have to pay the new price
Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
CamaroELF
Hotrod Grandma

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I agreed to window sticker pricing with my dealer, so anxious to buy the car that I didn't think about price increases. The last time I went by to see their demo car, I mentioned to my salesman that they were pocketing extra money due to the price increase and he said no GM keeps that. So do they really not know or are they playing us for fools?
2000 - 5/7/09
3000 - 5/14/09
3300 - 5/29/09
3400 - 6/4/09
3800 - 6/17/09
VIN # A9119445
Delivery: 7/11/09
This is one awesome car. Definitely worth the wait!
CamaroELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
renderinfo
R6P Member

Well, after GM Customer Care contacted my dealer, he made it like it was "no big deal", although to me he sounded clearly annoyed. He said something like, ok thats just a $75 difference, and I said no, the IOM premium should be taken off as well, so he said, OK. I guess all is good, but my dealer still made me "battle" for it! We finalized on pricing, and now I am eagerly waiting for my Camaro to arrive.

I wish I had advice for other R6P preorders out there, but like some other posters said, unless you have a specific price in writing, you are pretty much at the mercy of the dealers. "MSRP" in this case could change (and probably will) at any time.

Good luck all... I'll post pictures when it comes!!!