Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #43
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfco13 View Post
Ordered #2704.
Thank you for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #44
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The catch can and breather cap do not change anything about how the car runs. The ECM has no clue they are there. An intake and TB will increase air flow but it is still within what the ECM can adjust for on its own.
My car experienced a 'lean code' on the engine when I put the breather cap on. But mine is a bit different as I have tune according to the SLP ZL600 setup. I would say that if your car is 'tuned' to the lean side of things, be observant of the Check-Engine light for a little bit.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #45
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
My car experienced a 'lean code' on the engine when I put the breather cap on. But mine is a bit different as I have tune according to the SLP ZL600 setup. I would say that if your car is 'tuned' to the lean side of things, be observant of the Check-Engine light for a little bit.
Did you delete the OEM fresh air line and cap both fittings? If not then you will get a lean code from all the extra air.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #46
slowsi

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS...1989 IROC
This will work on the 2013 correct? I dont think there were any changes.
2003 YUKON DENALI...tow truck
slowsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #47
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsi View Post
This will work on the 2013 correct? I dont think there were any changes.
This will work fine on the 2013 cars.

Here is all updated directions:

2010+ Camaro SS LS3 Catch Can Instructions

2010+ Camaro SS L99 Catch Can Instructions

2010+ Camaro V8 or V6 Breather Cap Instructions
Old 10-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
So apex chase we spoke before actually spoke to you and also Tracy and I still have few questions. I have from you a Cai induction and a v6 I notice tips on exhaust starting to color or even looks like maybe some residue. I only have 8000 miles. Wll this benefit a v6 2012 and if I have to have breather do you have the caps for the holes to plug from line being removed. Thanks to all. Chase awesome as usual and Tracy and guys at rx awesome as well I am about a hour away. Ups driver just don't get much free time during the week. So who has more common stock? Red upgraded hoses and fittings. And what about this mounting issue on radiator?
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #49
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So apex chase we spoke before actually spoke to you and also Tracy and I still have few questions. I have from you a Cai induction and a v6 I notice tips on exhaust starting to color or even looks like maybe some residue. I only have 8000 miles. Wll this benefit a v6 2012 and if I have to have breather do you have the caps for the holes to plug from line being removed. Thanks to all. Chase awesome as usual and Tracy and guys at rx awesome as well I am about a hour away. Ups driver just don't get much free time during the week. So who has more common stock? Red upgraded hoses and fittings. And what about this mounting issue on radiator?
If you choose to do the breather, the vacuum caps come provided with our breather kit. No additional items are necessary.

We do not offer red upgraded hoses. We only offer Black AN hose ends with Black AN hose. I would order straight through Apex Chase since you have spoken to him already. The victory red powder-coat cans are coming out of powder-coaters right now so expect 1-2 business days on shipping.

You can check out the installation directions on our website for V6s

www.revxtreme.com - Bottom left corner Install Instructions.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #50
matt6589

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
Installed mine tonight. Quick question though, When slipping the hose onto both the fittings on the can and the plastic hose you cut in the beginning, I was only able to get it to go on about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. In the instructions it says make sure it slips on at least 1 inch. I was not able to get that whole inch, but it also doesn't feel like it would be easy at all to pull it back off either and I know from reading the instructions that these hoses are not under high pressure. Is this ok or do I need to find a way to make it slip on more? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #51
Blues45th

Actually Matt I spoke with Tracy first because being in clearwtare I wanted to know about coming there or faster turn around. He also told me he had red hose lol so now I'm sort of at a loss.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #52
Blues45th

Just saw a rx can with blue and white hoses said got from you guys so now really at a loss
Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #53
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
In the past we had some different colors, but the cost was to high.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Just saw a rx can with blue and white hoses said got from you guys so now really at a loss
We discontinued colored hoses a bit ago. Just too many different fitments, applications for us to keep the high dollar stuff on the shelf. We have find that most people like to purchase the hoses/fittings from Jegs or Summit to have the unique look to the cans.

Remember we cover 15+ vehicle applications, not just the Camaro's and it's not like we have the inventory capacity that a large Jegs or Summit has.

- Matt
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #55
Blues45th

Totally understand guys. Just confuses me that I would have better chance of getting sooner from apex in ky when u guys are 45 min south of me lol. So with the upgraded fittings and single catch can? $$ and where to order from.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #56
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Totally understand guys. Just confuses me that I would have better chance of getting sooner from apex in ky when u guys are 45 min south of me lol. So with the upgraded fittings and single catch can? $$ and where to order from.
You could get it at the same time because we would ship out of our stock here for Apex. I'd rather see you go with Apex since you have already spoke to Chase, the lead times are the same!

Just give Victoria or Chase a call at Apex ! Hey if you want to even pick the can up direct from us you can still order from Apex or just come by the shop (Call me first with color and application so we can have it ready).

- Matt