Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
TMoneySS

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
BMR 1" Drop Experiences!

Looking for opinion on the ride after you did this mod! Thanks!

TMoneySS (Taylor)
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
In 99% of the driving I do I did not notice a difference in ride harshness. There is those LARGE bumps which the car will seem to hit harder than with stock springs but again, I'm talking very infrequent and very large bumps. Even my wife says she feels no difference in ride quality AND she definitely feels the car looks 100% better lowered the inch. All of BMR products are quality pieces, you can't go wrong.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
In 99% of the driving I do I did not notice a difference in ride harshness. There is those LARGE bumps which the car will seem to hit harder than with stock springs but again, I'm talking very infrequent and very large bumps. Even my wife says she feels no difference in ride quality AND she definitely feels the car looks 100% better lowered the inch. All of BMR products are quality pieces, you can't go wrong.
Ed M.
Like Ed's experience with BMR springs demonstrates, a well engineered quality spring set will not seriously degrade ride quality. It will be a bit firmer but not harsh.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
We went with the BMR level three package and love it! Car defiantly rides crisper but is not harsh. Really loves the corners now and went to the drag strip a couple weeks ago and no wheel hop at all. Only thing I will say is you have to watch for those big wide speed bumps. We have headers and high flow cats and the cats will sometimes scrape a little on the big bumps so we try to avoid. Can't go wrong with the BMR stuff though as quality is exellent.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
TMoneySS

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
I have a package i'm ordering from Chase and it's all set up. I will have the money for the springs and the package on Friday but i think im going to wait on the package till i know it will fit my 2012, but I will probably order the springs this coming Fdriday. Chase please send me a pm on the 1" springs. Thanks everyone!

TMoneySS (Taylor)
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote