Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
sheila65

Drives: Basic v6 Manual and loving it <3
Mods for LS

Well i was always thinking how i' d like my Bruce to go faster you know? Like the air intake and stuff like that. But it's like venturing to the unknown. lol I know what air intake does and that's about it for my car knowledge
if people would kindly suggest/advise as to what I should do it would be awesome. TYVM
Old 08-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Hey man (Edit:or girl after checking your username), I'm in the same boat. The only difference I see between you and me is I have an automatic if that makes any difference in performance mods.
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
sheila65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 View Post
Hey man (Edit:or girl after checking your username), I'm in the same boat. The only difference I see between you and me is I have an automatic if that makes any difference in performance mods.
LOL! must've been the avatar. Had to change it O..O lol aywhoo, yeah idk either O..O Well, a friend told me to just change the air intake whatever [since idk the terms] to make it go faster. But i would also like to change how my Bruce looks. And the lights to Halo lights. and some fog lights. and clean a few scratches [i was so mad at my friend that time ] but yea..
Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
There is not a lot of power to be gained out of the V6, because it is tuned so well from the factory. You will get on average about 5-10 HP out of an CAI and about the same out of axle back or cat back exhaust. The biggest gains in power have come from installing long tube headers and high flow cats, with around 20 HP.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
No worries if you are noobie =D Everyone has to start somewhere. Luckily, the LS and my LT share the same engine. So I can advise you somewhat, since I just recently learned about cars =p (reading the forum helps a lot)

Yes, you can start with a CAI. Injen has been proven to be the best all around gain. Exhausts, getting Xpipe will help with a bit of torque and horsepower. If you want sound, just go straight axleback. But yeah, I'm going full catback with xpipes. Also, getting Long Tube Headers will improve a lot of horsepower and torque. All of the mods will also increase airflow, which usually gives you 2-3 MPG. In the end of all the bolt ons, you can get your car tuned, this may not help with overall horsepower. But you can move shift points to give you a bit more low end torque.

General rule of thumb, Torque gets you faster acceleration, horsepower is more like top speed. The V6 Camaros lack some torque... so when im modding, Im always looking for products with the most torque gains. 312 HP is enough of a car for me.

Hope this helps =) Also, you can always read the threads on the V6 Bolton section. There are lots of regulars in those parts of the forums, who are WAY better than me at explaining things lol. Good luck!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
sheila65

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR BEE View Post
There is not a lot of power to be gained out of the V6, because it is tuned so well from the factory. You will get on average about 5-10 HP out of an CAI and about the same out of axle back or cat back exhaust. The biggest gains in power have come from installing long tube headers and high flow cats, with around 20 HP.
uhmm.. what are CAI? is that the catalytic converter? you lost me after CAI
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
jagan323
I have no life

Cold Air Intake =p you'll be seeing that a lot
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
sheila65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
No worries if you are noobie =D Everyone has to start somewhere. Luckily, the LS and my LT share the same engine. So I can advise you somewhat, since I just recently learned about cars =p (reading the forum helps a lot)

Yes, you can start with a CAI. Injen has been proven to be the best all around gain. Exhausts, getting Xpipe will help with a bit of torque and horsepower. If you want sound, just go straight axleback. But yeah, I'm going full catback with xpipes. Also, getting Long Tube Headers will improve a lot of horsepower and torque. All of the mods will also increase airflow, which usually gives you 2-3 MPG. In the end of all the bolt ons, you can get your car tuned, this may not help with overall horsepower. But you can move shift points to give you a bit more low end torque.

General rule of thumb, Torque gets you faster acceleration, horsepower is more like top speed. The V6 Camaros lack some torque... so when im modding, Im always looking for products with the most torque gains. 312 HP is enough of a car for me.

Hope this helps =) Also, you can always read the threads on the V6 Bolton section. There are lots of regulars in those parts of the forums, who are WAY better than me at explaining things lol. Good luck!
You also lost me after CAI.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
sheila65

OHHHHHHHH!! cold air intake. got it. I googled the catalytic converter hehe *blushesl* i guess i got it wrong BWAHAHAHA
Old 08-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
jagan323
I have no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila65 View Post
You also lost me after CAI.
lol... Dont worry about it. Im impressed you are driving a manual car though... always super hot to see a female drive stick =D

I'll be installing my CAI this weekend... if you want, you can check out my blog for results.. I usually do some explaination and tutorials along with my posts. =)
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
sheila65

what are long tube headers? O..o AHH!! will do sir
Old 08-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
sheila65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
lol... Dont worry about it. Im impressed you are driving a manual car though... always super hot to see a female drive stick =D

I'll be installing my CAI this weekend... if you want, you can check out my blog for results.. I usually do some explaination and tutorials along with my posts. =)
Well since i thought of buying a mus-kel car i figured the only way to go is stick. besides it's cheaper bwahahaha been driving oldies [truenos;supras(COOLEST OLDIE EVER)] btw, what's your blogsite?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
sheila65

never mind. i got the site bwahaha
Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Berean

Drives: Truck
Do a cat-back exhaust first. I have a Magnaflow and love it. Easily my favorite mod to date.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote