Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #225
Spaceman584

Drives: 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
First year 53 and 63 (C1 ,C2 ) Corvettes have always been worth more than the 54 or 64. I believe a 67 CAMARO is worth more than a 68. This despite the next year improvements.
The main reason the 53 Corvettes are worth so much today is because they only built 300 of them and there are a lot fewer than that left in existance. They really were not very well built cars.

As for 63, yeah it was the first Stingray model, but the 63s that bring the money are the split window coupes because it was a one year feature only...not so much the convertibles. Honestly, I think some of the big block 67s are bringing a lot more than any of the 63s right now.

It generally seems the cars are better quality by their 3rd year run. Granted this car will be desirable as a first year run, but in this day and age, everything is so mass produced that it's just too hard for anything to keep its value, even 50 yrs from now.

It really does suck that the ambient lighting may not be what we thought, but it shouldn't be a show stopper if you love the car anyways. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they might work it out (and any other possible kinks) by the 2nd or 3rd year run. Hope the economy can get GM that far at least...

I think we all agree GM has got a fantastic car here that can really help turn them around.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #226
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman584 View Post
I think we all agree GM has got a fantastic car here that can really help turn them around.
Agreed- it is a fantastic car. Disagreed it can really help turn them around. It'll take a lot more than the Camaro for GM to stop losing $9.6 BILLION a quarter. They said on this morning's news that last year's total losses equate to GM losing over $3800 per car. The Camaro can't stop that.

Last edited by trm0002; 02-27-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #227
20 Camaro 10

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro
I would have to say that the Camaro would help them but i don't think it would be enuff for them to start making money.... only time will tell
Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #228
fastdoc436

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,35thLE/SS,30thAE/SS
Thank you Camaro Scotty for the info and post!!! You have made many valuable posts with great info to this site and I want you to know that your input is truly appreciated!!! If I lived up north, I'd been in your dealership in a heartbeat (no pun intended from old commercials). Thanks again!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #229
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Excellent... at least the Door Panels are lit. Not many cars have that. Dash has guage lights anyway. Thanks Scotty for the info
Old 02-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #230
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Excellent... at least the Door Panels are lit. Not many cars have that. Dash has guage lights anyway. Thanks Scotty for the info
That's what I'm thinking too. Don't get me wrong; I don't think it's even close to the same effect as the ABL on the dash, but I will admit to owning a couple Toyotas (still have one now) and the interiors at night are/were just plain boring. The only illumination was on the dash and a few tiny switches at best, and on my Martix (gone a while now) there was no other illumination except the gauges. I think a little ABL on the doors is better than nothing and hope they can get it worked out for the rest of the dash eventually. It'll stink for those of you who are buying now if it comes out next year or something, but that's out of everone's control. It looks like there are going to be accessories from GM to add/change ABL in other areas of the interior, so that might make up a little for lack of ABL on the dash

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #231
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Yeah you will still have the Crybabies that either want it all over or they will cancel their orders. Which I don't understand.. It is one SMALL element of a totally GREAT car. so if anything had to be dropped from the concept to the production version, this is a very minor item... Remenber at first you had to order the interior dressup kit to get it now it will be STANDARD on all 2LT and 2SS cars... FROM THE START OF PRODUCTION!!!

So you guys that want it or else, go ahead and cancel your orders, that will mean everyone behind you will be bumped up and some that missed their dealer's allocations will get thieir cars...
I think that's funny. If the only reason someone was going to buy this car was for the ABL, they don't deserve to own a Camaro anyway.
If they took away something else, like the heated mirrors or heated seat, or any other comfort feature, it wouldn't change a thing for me. I'm getting my Camaro. I am, however, glad we got at least part of the ABL.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #232
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I think that's funny. If the only reason someone was going to buy this car was for the ABL, they don't deserve to own a Camaro anyway.
If they took away something else, like the heated mirrors or heated seat, or any other comfort feature, it wouldn't change a thing for me. I'm getting my Camaro. I am, however, glad we got at least part of the ABL.
You know - I think it's important to try to keep in mind that these are little things that just add up. Do you guys remember when the fuel door issue was the hot topic? I think it's good to vent and let it be known there is a demand for something as cool as this feature is/was. Protesting and negativity isn't going to change much but I think it's definately a good thing to post up in threads like this. It helped with the blue and SS didn't it. I just hope that members who aren't as passionate about ABL can keep from deminishing the feelings of those who are. I have the same passion about the Z28. I'm less vocal now about it, but I can totally see why so many express their feelings about the ABL. Let's not be unappreciative of getting Camaro back, but let's be civil, on both sides.

JMVHO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #233
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
You know - I think it's important to try to keep in mind that these are little things that just add up. Do you guys remember when the fuel door issue was the hot topic? I think it's good to vent and let it be known there is a demand for something as cool as this feature is/was. Protesting and negativity isn't going to change much but I think it's definately a good thing to post up in threads like this. It helped with the blue and SS didn't it. I just hope that members who aren't as passionate about ABL can keep from deminishing the feelings of those who are. I have the same passion about the Z28. I'm less vocal now about it, but I can totally see why so many express their feelings about the ABL. Let's not be unappreciative of getting Camaro back, but let's be civil, on both sides.

JMVHO
Old 02-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #234
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
It could be a reflection bt I think that is the one we've seen in the video with the orange ABL in it. In any case, I had a 2SS ordered with the IOM interior which costs almost $500 more but changed the order to a 1SS black interior after the announcement of no ABL in the front dash. If on Saturday they can show the orange interior looking good without the lighting, then maybe I switch back. However it is going to take a lot of convincing.

Here is a photoshop of the Camaro black interior with some red ambient lighting not turned on perhaps. A pretty neat concept and sharp looking interior like this..
Dude, That is awesome looking. Nice job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
The interior looks pretty cool. Do you know if the camaro will have a push button start engine?
No. I was really hoping for keyless ignition. That feature grew on me like you can't beleive with my wifes car. But sadly, not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

JMVHO
Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #235
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I think you're confused... the fabric inserts are only on the base versions of the cars, which wouldn't include the lighting anyways. If you have a car that is getting ambient lighting, then you are still getting the plastic kick-ass looking panels... not the fabric ones.
How do you know? So far every 2SS that is on the streets has fabric inserts so it's not looking good for the acrylic.

And as far as the comments "well I'm just glad to finally have one..". Sounds peachy now, but when your neighbor buys one 6 months later and has ABL, HSTS and HUD for the same price you're going to feel a little shittty.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #236
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
My comments were valid in regards to the market in 72 82 92 2002.

The last year (57 in the case of single head lights) (67) were usually even to the 1st year in used value.

Even IF the 2011 CAMARO is the last one, no one with a 2010 need worry about less value because it has no dash ABL.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #237
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
How do you know? So far every 2SS that is on the streets has
If you have a leather interior, it'll be plastic door panels.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #238
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
How do you know? So far every 2SS that is on the streets has fabric inserts so it's not looking good for the acrylic.

And as far as the comments "well I'm just glad to finally have one..". Sounds peachy now, but when your neighbor buys one 6 months later and has ABL, HSTS and HUD for the same price you're going to feel a little shittty.
It won't be the same price...if production costs go up, so does Invoice, and so does MSRP.

My $0.02, let's see the pictures before this goes any further...

Closed Thread