Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Sam I Am

Drives: 2011 Victory Red CV
No rattles in my top when it is up but if I lower the driver's window to get a little fresh air, I have to equalize the pressure on the rear window by cracking the passenger side window otherwise the rear window goes flopping crazy. Plan on having that checked at my dealer follow up on the 5th bow replacement. The top doesn't stow evenly now that the bows are all straight and doesn't go down all the way either.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #16
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
Would these be considered the bump stops that I need to adjust to prevent the top from rattling?

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Are these the rubber stops that squeak when the weather warms up and need to be lubed??

HELP!!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #18
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Are these the rubber stops that squeak when the weather warms up and need to be lubed??

HELP!!

I did do that too... a little bit of silicone on my finger, rub it on the rubber part, kept it squeak free....

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Mine rattles it's ass off all the time. It's a year old and it's been rattling for about 8 months.

Sent from my iPad
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #20
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat 2SS View Post
Mine rattles it's ass off all the time. It's a year old and it's been rattling for about 8 months.

Sent from my iPad
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com
Well maybe we need a Convertible Top Tech Day in Houston!

I'll bring the duct tape and super glue. You bring a staple gun and the tub of opossum grease and we'll get after it!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #21
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Should not rattle at all.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Well maybe we need a Convertible Top Tech Day in Houston!

I'll bring the duct tape and super glue. You bring a staple gun and the tub of opossum grease and we'll get after it!
Absolutely!

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #23
OSUPride16

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS
my bumpers are different sizes. the one on the left is larger and looks like the picture above. The one of the right (where the squeak is coming from) is small and looks like a cone. Does that sound correct? did a part fall off?
OSUPride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:47 AM   #24
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPride16 View Post
my bumpers are different sizes. the one on the left is larger and looks like the picture above. The one of the right (where the squeak is coming from) is small and looks like a cone. Does that sound correct? did a part fall off?
That's what mine looks like as well. 2012 model year vert... My squeak is coming from the right / larger bumper. Am going to try the silicon solution this weekend and will post back on the results.
Attached Images

DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #25
DFWHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWHD View Post
That's what mine looks like as well. 2012 model year vert... My squeak is coming from the right / larger bumper. Am going to try the silicon solution this weekend and will post back on the results.
I can confirm that a dab of silicone on each of the bumpers has eliminated the squeak completely. I took her for a test drive down a bumpy road in 98 degree heat this afternoon and the top was silent. It seems that this will be a routine maintenance item when the need arises which is fine. The solution took all of a couple of minutes. I'm good with that!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #26
mwhitnee

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS convertible
I just had my top replaced and am hoping the squeaking behind me/to the left when driving will vanish!!
mwhitnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:11 AM   #27
ny2015ss

Drives: white ss
I have the same rattle on my 2015 ss.. can someone point this novice to where the bumper stops are on the vert. I think this is the same issue everyone is having.
ny2015ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:37 PM   #28
DFWHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny2015ss View Post
I have the same rattle on my 2015 ss.. can someone point this novice to where the bumper stops are on the vert. I think this is the same issue everyone is having.
Start to retract your roof and then stop about half way. Go back to the rear of the car and you'll see the back of the top has separated from the back deck. Grab a flashlight and look on driver side and passenger side and you'll see them back there. Also, when you are out shopping for the silicone, you'll want to look in the plumbing section of your local home improvement store. It won't be with the other more traditional lubricant's for some reason. It takes all of five minutes and if you do this as annual maintenance each spring, you'll be fine. Let us know how it works.