Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
You're in good hands at FSP. It's unfortunate what you had to go through though.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #16
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Wow, what is sad is I know they blew up a L99 engine of one of the ladies in our Camaro club and sold her a LS3 to put back in the car. What makes me wonder is was the car really bad. They told her it was going to blow up due to weak parts. She told me it blew up on the dyno.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #17
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Wow, what is sad is I know they blew up a L99 engine of one of the ladies in our Camaro club and sold her a LS3 to put back in the car. What makes me wonder is was the car really bad. They told her it was going to blow up due to weak parts. She told me it blew up on the dyno.
Wow, are you serious?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Guess I'm glad I never made it down there...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
So for the other side of the story.....I was not present when the pistons were installed, but I did personally check piston to valve clearance and there was over .120 and .080 is spec so there is absolutely NO danger as installed, but was still not correct so we offered to tear it down and correct it at our cost (our fault and when Rodney messed up customers engines here we never threw him under the bus....we fixed it all and made all right). So, we did everything to convince the customer to have me personally correct this and he refused due to the influence of the other shop. The rest of the info is plain false.....and typical of the BS fed others.

So, the customer refused and we also paid him a generous amount to help compensate but he is caught up in the politics between shops again.

Facts are facts, so get both sides to the story.

When we make mistakes (and by we I mean our techs and that included all the BIG mistakes Rodney made while here) we make them right, but we will NOT be manipulated by an unscrupulous competitor and what they do. And also, on here are the same ones like cant see me that still has not paid for or returned a brand new Borg Warner turbo sent him and the others.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #20
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
WOW!!!!!! im going to take my catch can and throw it away and buy the elite catch can just for safety ,,,just because!!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #21
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
So it's all someone else's fault? The guy you threw under the bus is at another shop fixing all your cars. And unless the OP got ALL his money back, that's considered theft
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
camaro10rjt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
So for the other side of the story.....I was not present when the pistons were installed, but I did personally check piston to valve clearance and there was over .120 and .080 is spec so there is absolutely NO danger as installed, but was still not correct so we offered to tear it down and correct it at our cost (our fault and when Rodney messed up customers engines here we never threw him under the bus....we fixed it all and made all right). So, we did everything to convince the customer to have me personally correct this and he refused due to the influence of the other shop. The rest of the info is plain false.....and typical of the BS fed others.

So, the customer refused and we also paid him a generous amount to help compensate but he is caught up in the politics between shops again.

Facts are facts, so get both sides to the story.

When we make mistakes (and by we I mean our techs and that included all the BIG mistakes Rodney made while here) we make them right, but we will NOT be manipulated by an unscrupulous competitor and what they do. And also, on here are the same ones like cant see me that still has not paid for or returned a brand new Borg Warner turbo sent him and the others.
Again you want to say its the influence of FSP that made me not have you fix the car when the pistons were incorrect, which is total BS. I made all decisions on this and with the rest of the build myself. Mistakes happen, I agree but you cant expect someone to bring a car back to you to fix when this happens like I told you TRUST went out the door when you see this.

As for you saying the rest is utter lies, then can you tell me where the boost a pump was installed in the car so I can take it out cause I can't find it anywhere, or was i mistaken when you told me you cancelled the order cause I didnt need it anymore. I was paid $500 and got 2 turbos I already paid for wouldnt consider that compensated considering I spent an additional 5k to fix all the work your shop did so very well. I guess when I stopped by the shop you where their too and I just couldn't see you cause you were working your 14 hour days somewhere. I guess I didn't see your GM write my name and number down and tell me tracy will call you when he gets in.

You can put the blame on the haters or put the blame on the other shop Tracy but ultimately you work speaks for itself own up to it and stop acting like a freaking child
camaro10rjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #23
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
So it's all someone else's fault? The guy you threw under the bus is at another shop fixing all your cars. And unless the OP got ALL his money back, that's considered theft
The same guy who messed up the OPs car here.....
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Wiat, What. He just got suspended again?
That was quick.

yay, double post.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
We're you there? How do you know? How's your car coming along?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #26
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I thought Rodney left RX in December. If that is true, how could he have worked on this guy's car?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
We're you there? How do you know? How's your car coming along?
Nope, but were you?
Should be here on the 29th
Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #28
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
You really have no idea do you...it's a shame

You realize that the person you speak of left RX 3 MONTHS before the OPs car even went there....

We'll see you in 12 months when you finally realize you should have listened to us all along

Some people