Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
bto131

Drives: 2LT/RS White with orange stripes
Question help with suspension 2011 v6

i dont kno wat it is but when i drive my dads 2011 corvette grandsport i go down banks and sweeping turns and dont even feel the car leaning and its probably the 2nd best feeling you can get when your driving (behind getting sucked back into your seat)... so how do i get my 20112lt rs camaro to be like this and wats a price estimate and warrenty issue?
bto131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
bto an easy solution so your desires is a pedders pace car kit!. this is a bushing bar and coil over kit that will take your camaro to the next level and a pretty dam great one. i personally have the v6 camaro and currently i am running 2 out of 3 parts of the pace car kit and just got my xa's yesterday so ill have a complete kit next week installed. This is my daily driver and i must tell you its not only comfortable but it can carve the turns like never before. You will feel a difference the second you pull it out of the shop!! the best thing is pedders is having a sale right now. the next best thing about the kit is it is a gmpp which means you can bolt it in your camaro and have no warranty issues because it is authorized by gm to be in the car. and if you have any issues at the dealer because of it just give pedders a call and they will Help correct the issue like they have done in the past. this is one kit you will not be sorry for purchasing and it will make you love your camaro that much more. and pm sent for pricing
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm running Pedders pace car kit on my LT. "Fun" is the word that comes to mind with the turns.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I'm running Pedders pace car kit on my LT. "Fun" is the word that comes to mind with the turns.
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
i dont kno wat it is but when i drive my dads 2011 corvette grandsport i go down banks and sweeping turns and dont even feel the car leaning and its probably the 2nd best feeling you can get when your driving (behind getting sucked back into your seat)... so how do i get my 20112lt rs camaro to be like this and wats a price estimate and warrenty issue?
hey there bto131, Grand Sport Corvettes are something we are very familiar with here at Pfadt Race Engineering. We have been supplying products for your dads Corvette and your Camaro for over 5 years now, to get them to do exactly what you are describing: put a perm-grin on your face in the twisties!

With out a doubt, the best steps you can take towards your goal is going to be the Stage II package we offer. This package includes 1.25" lowering springs, and sway bar upgrades (the rear is adjustable for your driving style). Take a look at the video below for more info. You will find a ridiculous amount of Camaro5 members here that have amazing things to say about how much this package transformed their Camaro to a mountain-road carving machine, all while being cheap and easy to install, and the products don't break the bank like coilovers will. Not only does this package not cost a lot, but you lose absolutely NOTHING in ride quality and it gets results on the track too! Erik from Torq won the Camaro5Fest autocross on street tires with just this package alone!

After that, you are going to want to get that subframe planted and restricted from moving on the Camaro chassis. Solid subframe bushings completely solve this problem for performance, and will not drastically degrade any ride quality at all. Ask around, subframe bushings will get the car to be more predictable, and easier to drive on curvy roads where the rear end has a tendency to 'step out" on the driver. In addition, keep the rear suspension from moving around also relays on some upgrades in the trailing arms and Tie rods. Take a look at the video below to see what I am talking about and the performance gains that can be had.

The next step, which is common on Corvettes as well, is making the move to coilovers. Having the adjustability of ride height and damping control gives you the ultimate in performance increase coupled with the ability to have a smooth ride quality for the street. Pfadt Coilovers are lighter, stronger, and react faster to inputs from the driver, as well as operating more consistently under harsh conditions. We specifically feature upgraded mounts on ours too. Take a look at this video below to see the capability of Pfadt coilovers. These were featured on the Camaro5FestII autocross overall winner!

It is also important to note that Pfadt has GMPP licensed parts available, and there are no added concerns with warranty problems.

There is more to it, but we can talk about your needs further if you are interested. We arnt here to recommend anything you don't need, and we take the approach that the least amount of upgrades to accomplish your goals is the right path to take.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
The Pedders pace car kit also uses GM lic.Parts so there is no warranty issues.This is the kit that we use when up fitting the new camaro's for the local Chevy dealers.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2lt rs, camaro, price, suspension