Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #43
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

My ONLY complaint about the interior on this car is the passenger seat. Bonnie has decided she will NOT ride in it anymore. She gets carsick sitting so low. I sat in the seat when Chris drove it when I went with him to get his. I was amazed how low it sat.

Other than that, it's fine. I agree with the ones who say, if you don't like it. Don't buy it. Why the hell would you buy something you don't like. Constructive critisism is fine. It's the ones who get all pissy about it that I'm talking about.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #44
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
I drive.. i dont care what the passenger has in front of him!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:02 AM   #45
Tal

Drives: Old
There are a few factors that lead to this getting noticed IMO.
First the rest of the Camaro's interior has a lot of personality that it makes a dull spot stand out more.
Second is that the dash material while not terrible isn't that nice compared to what's commonly found in other $20k+ cars, and that's something that gets noticed far out of proportion to how little the dash is actually touched.
Last is the passenger seat's non adjustable height leads shorter people to pay extra attention to the dash, funny but true.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #46
PWRtrip

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
I honestly don't see a lot of my time being spent in the passenger seat, so I could care less what it looks like over there. I'm 100% happy in the driver seat!
ditto..
It's a drivers car
PWRtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #47
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by third1 View Post
I added two 1/2'' spacers on each side along with longer automotive grade bolts. It props the rear of the seat up an inch made a big difference.
Umm... raising the seat like that may have seriously compromised the crash safety of that seat. They test all kinds of things in crash testing before something is approved including bolt shear and the stress of forces on seat rails, mountings, etc. I can almost guarantee if there's an accident/injury to someone in that seat your insurance company would void your coverage because of that mod.

GM needs to design a new seat rail mount that can be retro-fitted. I know Scott and the team are aware of this issue and I'm assuming they're working on it. Does anyone know if that's been fixed/redesigned in the 2011?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #48
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Umm... raising the seat like that may have seriously compromised the crash safety of that seat. They test all kinds of things in crash testing before something is approved including bolt shear and the stress of forces on seat rails, mountings, etc. I can almost guarantee if there's an accident/injury to someone in that seat your insurance company would void your coverage because of that mod.

GM needs to design a new seat rail mount that can be retro-fitted. I know Scott and the team are aware of this issue and I'm assuming they're working on it. Does anyone know if that's been fixed/redesigned in the 2011?

Um... you may be correct, in regards to litigation and the easy out that the insurance company would surely try to take (assuming your scenario plays out).

But c'mon are you serious? Just because GM didn't test something (under controlled settings) doesn't mean it doesn't work... or isn't safe. Is that how you go through life? Sometimes you gotta come up with it yourself... I believe that's how inventions are created.

By the way, those tests that are done in controlled settings... don't test everything... as it is impossible. Hence 5 star crash rating doesn't mean you automatically survive.

You may be taking your chances with this mod, but if you do it intelligently... it may just stop your passenger from whining (or may allow your wife to ride in your Camaro, once again).
Old 05-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #49
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Give your passenger a ride that makes them say "OH what a RUSH!" and they'll never know what your dash looked like anyway.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #50
gregus73

Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
GM is going to update the interior soon enough.
Personally, I don't mind it.
I preferred some features of the 2005-2009 Mustang interior...It had more of a retro feel, and really miss the My Color cluster guages.

But I did not purchase the Camaro for the interior..it is how the car drives and the exterior looks.

I admit, the interior may need some updates, but this is the 1st generation.
But very happy with my purchase, I like owning the 1st year that the Camaro is re-introduced.
gregus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #51
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Why do people btch about the interior passenger side?? I have never owned a car that had sht for the passenger to look at....
maybe they are all semi-retarded and are used to having those kid-wheels in front of them with the cranks and knobs and sht....LOL
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote