Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

View Poll Results: Guesses from order to delivery on my 1LE order
4+ weeks 4 6.90%
5+ weeks 0 0%
6+ weeks 7 12.07%
7+ weeks 10 17.24%
8+ weeks 15 25.86%
9+ weeks 6 10.34%
10+ weeks 16 27.59%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #43
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'm confused with your post. Not sure what you're asking about.

I will say that I don't think your "someone in the know" actually knows about the LS3. I can tell you 100% without a doubt that headers and a CAI will NOT require new injectors. All you need to do is surf the V8 sub forum. Every other thread asks about headers and a tune.

An intake does not require a tune but that doesn't mean a tune wouldn't help. Same with headers....it's technically not required but you will have CEL come on and your air/fuel mixture won't be optimized.

You can always go with a set of SOLO or JBA high flow cats instead of headers for now. Those don't require a tune but you'll only get about 20 rwhp vs about 30-35 rwhp with headers.

My best advice is for you to do more research. You probably need to start looking around in the V8 section. These questions get asked constantly.
I read through there quite a bit. I know the advantages of each mod but it's a new car to me with new brands and this will be my highest HP car to date to own I'm just looking for all the variables. "Someone" at SLP said given my car being a DD and I'm not concerned with being the fastest car around....to maintain warranty and not incur additional costs(injectors/tuning/dyno time-might as well do headers then) that I should just start with just the SC; new intake pipe that comes with it; the "canned" tune. He stated that these Camaros seem to be needing bigger injectors and tuning for efficiency reasons and will need tuning and both the SC and car warranties go bye bye. <Paraphrasing (unless I purchase an additional warranty)
Like I said, I'm just kind of thinking out loud and curious what people thought. this 1LE WILL react differently to the TVS on there with that generic tune though. HOPEFULLY better! :P It's why I didnt start another whole thread there and just added it into my current thread here.
I appreciate your comments man, that's what I'm looking for.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #44
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
I read through there quite a bit. I know the advantages of each mod but it's a new car to me with new brands and this will be my highest HP car to date to own I'm just looking for all the variables. "Someone" at SLP said given my car being a DD and I'm not concerned with being the fastest car around....to maintain warranty and not incur additional costs(injectors/tuning/dyno time-might as well do headers then) that I should just start with just the SC; new intake pipe that comes with it; the "canned" tune. He stated that these Camaros seem to be needing bigger injectors and tuning for efficiency reasons and will need tuning and both the SC and car warranties go bye bye. <Paraphrasing (unless I purchase an additional warranty)
Like I said, I'm just kind of thinking out loud and curious what people thought. this 1LE WILL react differently to the TVS on there with that generic tune though. HOPEFULLY better! :P It's why I didnt start another whole thread there and just added it into my current thread here.
I appreciate your comments man, that's what I'm looking for.
First off....let me just tell you that you can pretty much guarantee that GM is not going to warranty your drivetrain if you slap a charger on it. Now, you might be able to buy some kind of a warranty from SLP if you buy their charger but don't expect that you could take it to any GM dealer to get drivetrain warranty stuff done. You might call around to some local dealers and ask them if you were to put a charger on the car would GM still warranty motor or transmission issues. My guess is they'll say no.

Maybe with supercharger you might have to add bigger injectors. I don't plan on going SC so I haven't done alot of research about them.

On a 1LE that already has gears....I would consider LT headers and a tune. I did mine with about 3,500 miles on my car. Yes, my drivetrain warranty is probably gone but (knock on wood) with 2.5 years and 12k miles I've never had to really use it. I did have a CV boot leak and the dealer thought about denying me because of my coilovers but replaced it anyway.

I haven't felt the shifter in the ZL1 or a 1LE but if they are anything like the SS I would spend the money and swap out the shifter. Personally I'm a fan of MGW. I had the Hurst for about a week and then swapped it for the MGW. To me the OEM shifter feels horrible in my hand and I missed a couple 2nd - 3rd gear shifts with it. I've never missed since I've had an aftermarket shifter.

Otherwise, unless you want big power from a Supercharger or the sound of a cam....I wouldn't change much. Maybe some cradle bushing inserts but you will already have the gears, suspension, and wheels. For the most part you should be good to go IMO.

BTW: Do research and see if you can find a really good peformance shop in your area that can dyno tune your car when the time comes. If you can't find a highly reputable shop then look at get a mail order tune from Jannetty Racing. The tune is a big thing. Since you will be basically loosing your drivetrain warranty with it, you'll want to make sure you go with someone that has plenty of exprience on the 5th Gen.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #45
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I got an order number for the 1LE I ordered, waiting to see it is accepted now...waiting game...
Old 08-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #46
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
First off....let me just tell you that you can pretty much guarantee that GM is not going to warranty your drivetrain if you slap a charger on it. Now, you might be able to buy some kind of a warranty from SLP if you buy their charger but don't expect that you could take it to any GM dealer to get drivetrain warranty stuff done. You might call around to some local dealers and ask them if you were to put a charger on the car would GM still warranty motor or transmission issues. My guess is they'll say no.

Maybe with supercharger you might have to add bigger injectors. I don't plan on going SC so I haven't done alot of research about them.

On a 1LE that already has gears....I would consider LT headers and a tune. I did mine with about 3,500 miles on my car. Yes, my drivetrain warranty is probably gone but (knock on wood) with 2.5 years and 12k miles I've never had to really use it. I did have a CV boot leak and the dealer thought about denying me because of my coilovers but replaced it anyway.

I haven't felt the shifter in the ZL1 or a 1LE but if they are anything like the SS I would spend the money and swap out the shifter. Personally I'm a fan of MGW. I had the Hurst for about a week and then swapped it for the MGW. To me the OEM shifter feels horrible in my hand and I missed a couple 2nd - 3rd gear shifts with it. I've never missed since I've had an aftermarket shifter.

Otherwise, unless you want big power from a Supercharger or the sound of a cam....I wouldn't change much. Maybe some cradle bushing inserts but you will already have the gears, suspension, and wheels. For the most part you should be good to go IMO.

BTW: Do research and see if you can find a really good peformance shop in your area that can dyno tune your car when the time comes. If you can't find a highly reputable shop then look at get a mail order tune from Jannetty Racing. The tune is a big thing. Since you will be basically loosing your drivetrain warranty with it, you'll want to make sure you go with someone that has plenty of exprience on the 5th Gen.
I'm gonna weigh out exactly what I want out of this car and if I want to keep the warranty or not(I've never cared about the warranty before so why change now?) HA It's a "new" vehicle trim with a ton of new mods so I'm hesitant until I see what issues the car has/doesnt have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I got an order number for the 1LE I ordered, waiting to see it is accepted now...waiting game...
Awesome. What trim/ color you get?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #47
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Whoo Hoo... I am at event code 3000 as of this morning!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Year: 2013 Division: CHEVROLET
Distrib. Entity: RET Order Type: SRE - Retail Sold
Allocation Group: CAM Model: 1ES37 - Camaro: 1SS
Coupe
TPW:
MSRP w/DFC : W/A GMS w/DFC : W/A
Supplier w/DFC : W/A
Event Description: 3000 - Accepted by
Production Control

Priority: 1 Estimated Delivery Date:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle Specifications
PEG: 1SS - 1SS Trim: AFJ - Black SS Cloth
Primary Color: GAZ - Summit White Engine: LS3 - 6.2L V8 Engine (Manual
Transmission)
Emissions:
Transmission: MN6 - Manual 6 Speed Transmission
Ordered Options: 1LE: SS Performance Package
B34: Carpeted floor mats, front
FE6: Suspension system, ride
and handling
G80: Limited Slip Differential
NPP: Dual Mode exhaust
RSK: 20" Black 10 spoke forged
aluminum
UFU: Color Touch AM/FM
stereo radio w/ 7" diagonal
screen
AKQ: Adjuster seat, power, 6 way, vert,
pass
DCP: Directions and Connections OnStar
Service
FE9: Federal Emissions
KS9: Suede Shift knob
RKC: Tire All 285/35ZR20 SL 100Y BW
HW4
SGC: Spare tire and wheel not desired
VK3: Front License Plate Bracket

I should be able to put some miles on this fall before storage... then let the track days/autocross begin next spring!
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #48
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

I'm Army and in 9-12 months I'll be at a new duty station. I've very curious to see where I'll be going. We are TRYING to get to Hawaii but that would suck with this car. Little ass island with a blown 1LE. HA GERMANY again would be nice! :P
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #49
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
When I ordered my new Silverado it took about 8 weeks,with these Camaro's it's anybodys guess,but I'm thinking 8 you should have it
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #50
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
I'm Army and in 9-12 months I'll be at a new duty station. I've very curious to see where I'll be going. We are TRYING to get to Hawaii but that would suck with this car. Little ass island with a blown 1LE. HA GERMANY again would be nice! :P
Yes the autobahn what a nice road,I was Air Force and was in Italy and TDY in Germany so I've driven on the autostrada as well,but my car was a fiat so I could only hit 110
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #51
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Anybody now Why this 1LE can only be ordered with black interior ? I want tge inferno Orange interior so bad but it cannot be built like this ..... Anyone know if I can somehow cobtact GM to place a special order to make them put an inferno Orange interior... I mean how hard is it for them... They got all the stuff they need......
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #52
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Anybody now Why this 1LE can only be ordered with black interior ? I want tge inferno Orange interior so bad but it cannot be built like this ..... Anyone know if I can somehow cobtact GM to place a special order to make them put an inferno Orange interior... I mean how hard is it for them... They got all the stuff they need......
If you ever find out, then please let me know. I would like to hear the answer as well.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #53
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
If you ever find out, then please let me know. I would like to hear the answer as well.
Sure will bro... Thats the only thong that I don't like about this car... I.already put my order for it but when.it said the inferno interior coukd no.be placed my world crumbled....... I want it so san don't get Why is so Damn hard for them to make it
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #54
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
SOOOOOO, i cant wait to see it
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #55
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Yes the autobahn what a nice road,I was Air Force and was in Italy and TDY in Germany so I've driven on the autostrada as well,but my car was a fiat so I could only hit 110
Yeah, I had my 520i BMW up to 167. I miss those roads. Coming back to the USA after you're used to setting your cruise control at 130 was tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-Camaro View Post
SOOOOOO, i cant wait to see it
Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #56
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
My order is at 3300 with a TPW of 9/24.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote