Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #85
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I found the vent one on line and Amazon had it for a little over $8., so I figured why not give it a try. I read somewhere that this was a newer/improved version. Was yours # TTEP129-ST-RVC??
I don't know for sure.....all I remember is it was flimsy, its went in the trash a long time ago..
Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #86
vafinest25

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS "Orange Crush"
Awesome

Thanks Sir Nukes,

I just bought my TomTom for Germany and that was the first thing i did. My Camaro isn't even scheduled to be here till FEB 21st. But ill be ready to roll as soon as it is. I have the same color as you so it makes it much easier than to redo the whole process.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #87
RatRacer

Drives: 11 Synergy Green LS 15 Colorado Z71
This is a fun thread. I replaced my Garmin with a 1530 VIA LMT, and totally amazed my wife by putting a modded mini version of her SGM Camaro in it. I just had to change the body color to add my IOM.
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #88
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

I'm glad that have found it amusing and helpful, as I would have never know that I could have done this had it not been fro another member.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #89
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

TODAY is the 28th if March......if anyone here is in the market for a TOM TOM for their car or anyone elses for that matter.....there ia a GREAT DEAL on one for today and today only. go to WOOT.COM

http://www.woot.com/
Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #90
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Question for Sir Nuke. I live in El Paso and am getting a 2013 2LS from Viva Chevrolet in El Paso. They have as a dealer accessory a TomTom XXL 540?S for $260 bucks. I've never owned a TomTom so I really don't know what I'm doing concerning these TomTom's.

The little research I've done on them, it appears I can get a better deal from Amazon, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc.

I've ordered my car, and it should arrive mid-Sept to 1st of Oct. Maybe I can save some money getting it some other place than the dealership. What would you advise?

Also, I want to download a voice from the internet for it. It's a voice called "Selina." Here's a link for that voice.

http://www.satnavvoices.com/index.php?ln=en&pg=2&sec=17

Wondering if you have any suggestions on what model of TomTom I should get that would have lifetime maps, and I would be able to use this voice from Selina? Warning, her voice is a little risque, and I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else here.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #91
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Question for Sir Nuke. I live in El Paso and am getting a 2013 2LS from Viva Chevrolet in El Paso. They have as a dealer accessory a TomTom XXL 540?S for $260 bucks. I've never owned a TomTom so I really don't know what I'm doing concerning these TomTom's.

The little research I've done on them, it appears I can get a better deal from Amazon, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc.

I've ordered my car, and it should arrive mid-Sept to 1st of Oct. Maybe I can save some money getting it some other place than the dealership. What would you advise?

Also, I want to download a voice from the internet for it. It's a voice called "Selina." Here's a link for that voice.

http://www.satnavvoices.com/index.php?ln=en&pg=2&sec=17

Wondering if you have any suggestions on what model of TomTom I should get that would have lifetime maps, and I would be able to use this voice from Selina? Warning, her voice is a little risque, and I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else here.
I have had numerous different models.....I currently have a XXL 540S and love it.....BUT, the dealer is charging about TWICE what you could get it elsewhere. SO, get one at one of the places you mentioned, or even eBay. If you get one off eBay, just ensure its NEW, in UNOPENED box. The 540S in one of last years models, but there are still a lot out there still in stores, which means you can get them cheaper. And for $140-$150.

Here is a link to the Tom Tom site.....you can see all the new models. the very most important thing is if get one that has "Life Time" maps, the XXL 540 series does come with Lifetime Maps. Not ALL of the new models do. IF your are looking at one of the new models, you will want one that has the 5" wide screen like the VIA 1505 or higher. They start at $170. As far as the voices go, there are a TON of free voices that are available....I can say for absolute sure the one you found onj that site..but it is FREE.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #92
xfactors

Quote:
I have had numerous different models.....I currently have a XXL 540S and love it.....BUT, the dealer is charging about TWICE what you could get it elsewhere. SO, get one at one of the places you mentioned, or even eBay.
Thanks, you provided exactly the info I needed.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #93
xfactors

Quote:
I currently have a XXL 540S and love itThe 540S in one of last years models, but there are still a lot out there still in stores, which means you can get them cheaper. And for $140-$150.

Here is a link to the Tom Tom site.....you can see all the new models. the very most important thing is if get one that has "Life Time" maps, the XXL 540 series does come with Lifetime Maps. .
Well I just ordered the XXL 540S from the TomTom site. It goes for $140.67. Thanks for the help. I think this will be a good starter unit for me. They have so many different models, it gets quite confusing for a beginner.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #94
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Well I just ordered the XXL 540S from the TomTom site. It goes for $140.67. Thanks for the help. I think this will be a good starter unit for me. They have so many different models, it gets quite confusing for a beginner.
As I mentioned before, its the model I have now and have had it for about 1 1/2 years....you will love it....you will be able to do more with it than most people will want.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #95
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I will have to try this, I just got one for my daughter for x-mas.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #96
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I have a garmin GPS, there is a site I found for adding icons to the device. I have bumble bee and Mario kart lol
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #97
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I just mount my tom tom next to my mirror. only thing it blocks is sky.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #98
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

I mount mine by the A pillar, the view isn't obstructed that way, and seeing as how here in Texas, that part of the windshield has the registration and safety sticker on it anyway.