Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Wongs performance engineering, Vancouver

SO this is the second time I have used Wongs for engine work the first time a cam and header install which was great, and now for my new engine assemble and R/R the old one. The price was reasonable and his service excellent though Tommy Wong is a very busy guy in the summer. I managed to get on his radar and had my engine shipped there and had to wait for rack to clear up then got my car in and less than two weeks later its done! I know he asks the right questions about my parts and goes at it when he has time as tunes are his business yet during my build he installed a sup0er charger, gave multiple tunes, and etc etc and got me out the door with just a return trip to adjust the throttle on deceleration.

When I came back I got to watch him finish a tune on c-7 Corvette with a blower and net the guy over 60 h.p. from some other guys supposed "tune" who installed the Blower, the customer came from Bend ..... And yes as Tom said you cannot properly tune without a dyno as its impossible too as the injection events on the direct injection is a lot like a diesel and you have to target the spray just right at the right time. I could not believe the graph he had to print out that showed the engines performance from the settings the car was at as the graphs looked like the Matterhorn times ten thousand ....lol

Tommy did my job and the total came out to $3700, and that includes my return trip to really dyno tune it after my engine is broken in, $1000 in parts supplied by him which together equal a $1550 value so for less than 2200 bucks I got my new monster clutch, my mgw shifter, my engine short block and new GMPP ported heads installed complete by his dropping the front subframe and front end and reinstalling then breaking it in on the dyno. I think that's a pretty good deal. I just wished I had some RGB halos to put on while the front end was off.....lol My car was clean, and Tommy called me and asked how the car was doing, and I owe him some loyalty for going above and beyond working on Saturday before his vacation.

I Could not give a good recommendation for him as I want his services not to be so popular....lol He has two supercharger installs for the week after he gets back off vacation BTW...lol No actually He is the Man once again and I could not be happier with my Torque monster 428 LS3 stroker.

And BTW the Vette ran Great the exhaust was enough to blow Dorothy back to Kansas behind the dyno...... And his final numbers with just a Paxton mild blower were like 570 rwhp up from like 370ish stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=u6NEyQbdnb4
Old 09-27-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
I haven't had any work done by him but I have had friends that had work done by him. I have met him a couple of times and he is spot on and honest. I wouldn't have any problems with him working on my 850hp beast.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote