Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #29
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
300 hp in a V6 is very good and despite missing some torque, it's still going to be a performance bargain.
Missing a little torque, but still has huge amounts of it right down to idle. Flat torque chart FTW!

Quote:
Above anything though, buy what you want and be happy and secure with it. No matter what you buy, there will be haters. They and their opinions are completely insignificant if you're having fun with your car.
I've already caught shit from a mustang fanboi on another forum who has the old V6 stigma thing going on in full force (perhaps our V6 gives him feelings of insecurity about his GT). He's also a jerk in other topics. Jerks and haters are out there...I initially react but then I realize that it really doesn't matter.

For me, the Camaro isn't about what other people think. It's mainly about two things...
1. RWD, 6MT, inexpensive, efficient, reasonably sized comfortable (I hope) car
2. The Camaro name, I've wanted a Camaro my whole life.

Yeah, when I look at it, I will like how it looks, but I don't really care what other people think unless it affects the way they treat me.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Time was, the V6’s were barely sufficient while the V8’s were the good ones. Now the V6 is good, and the V8’s are amazing. So the old stigma will no longer apply, well parts of it at least –it will have decent features and it will be pretty quick. Still won’t be a V8 though.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #31
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
ah, and a Metallica fan...

sorry I'm bored...
best love sone ever imo on to topic.

For the longest time you need a V8 and a carburetor(s) stuffed into a small/mid sized car to have a muscle car. Then in the late 80's it was acceptable to have fuel injection as long as it was a V8 and its a muscle car. Now I think as long as it's a camaro/mustang/challenger or any American car along those lines its a muscle car, granted its not making some anemic amount of horse power.
You'll always meet someone with their own definition of "muscle car" but I think as long as its American, rear wheel drive, and has balls its muscle.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #32
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
In the late 60's they had a number of big block factory options. GM is building a current small block that has numbers comparable to the most exotic engine (ZL1) they had at the time. Long story short, they're building bigger power in smaller packages all the way around. The V6 ain't no slouch.