Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #15
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Sounds like you're in competitive mode. You need to hold that button down for 8 seconds. This disables all traction nannies
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #16
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
8 Seconds, all nannies shoved out the door. Good to know.

Double tap, nannies wear their racy clothes. Good to know that too.

Don't think that double tap is in the manual, but, it might not apply to my car and I just didn't read it.

Camaro5, education at its finest.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #17
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Hmm I never turn off anything on the street. It's too easy to power slide and I just let the traction control straighten me out
Old 11-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #18
Richtq

Drives: 2012 camaro ss (l99)
even with traction control on or off I can power slide my l99 easy.
Richtq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #19
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #20
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
No, pushing it twice puts it in competition mode. Push it once and T/C is off, press and hold turns everything off.
Sounded like he said hold the throttle all the way through. That and the majority of the time this guy is only powersliding. You need a real initiation for drifting.

OP Do it at a closed course please and not at public roads. Also, you can disable your airbags by pulling the fuse in the fusebox thats available when you open the driver door
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #21
Kings2010

Drives: 2005 C6, 2013 ZL1 2020 Ram Cummins
The easiest way to get the feel for a power slide is to start at a complete stop (quiet, deserted area, parking lots work well). Begin by rolling forward as you would leaving a stop sign to make a left hand turn. ( I say left because the natural tendancy of torque is these cars pushes the rear to the right,either way would work though)As your about to straighten out feed the Power in quickly. Seeing as you have a auto, leave it in first gear. Leave yourself plenty of room to drift and/or spin because it will happen. Once the rear steps out you're going to have to counter steer and feather the gas to keep going where you want it. If you're not to terribly concerned with tires another way would be to find a huge , open parking lot ( no light poles). Come to a complete stop, turn the wheel in the direction of your choice and floor it. The play around with throttle/steering wheel control to get the feel of it. Wet rainy days are particularly fun since the friction is less and tire wear is deminshined significantly.

BE SMART AND SAFE ABOUT IT.

Edit: you really don't want to learn this in motion, ie, driving in a 2nd gear corner. This could be disastrous. Parking lot is your best bet
Kings2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:35 AM   #22
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
it's easy to kick the rear out when tires are cold
Old 11-04-2015, 07:23 AM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
drifting..... LOL a stupid idea invented by ricers.... and one that can set off the air bags in a Camaro. There is loosing traction and then there is purposefully loosing traction. Take if from a old school hot rodder, you do not want to "power slide", try doing it unintentionally thanks to hydroplaning and doing a 180 driving 55+....you will wish you never heard of the word. You have tires with lots more traction than a normal high wear tires set, you really want to able to burn rubber more and loose traction more change out tires to more a reasonable wear rating with a much lower traction rating...... Right now your most likely on the stock p-zeros, 220 wear rating super sticky crap with aaa traction. Imagine getting a 500 wear rating tire with the same traction like mine Toyo Proxes 4+ which are better in the rain to make the tires last longer, or imagine going even higher in wear rating and lower in traction....like a b c d...etc and your there a set of tires you loose traction with like a little ricer, even going more narrow will make a huge difference, and yes your torque management really kills it... but hey its one way with the warranty to go get stupid..... lol Narrower less sticky tires...........
Old 11-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #24
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtq View Post
even with traction control on or off I can power slide my l99 easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Turn traction off punch it around the corner then feather the throttle, simple with the auto. Or second option wait for the snow to fall and colder temps.
^what they said.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:41 AM   #25
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
A very easy way to do it, as I learned in my car. Find a big open lot. I.e. school, mall somewhere nice and open. When its wet from raining, then try it. Its always easier when wet. Or at least it is for me and what I've watched from YouTube videos. I learned how to powerslide in the wet. You dont have to be going real fast, you dont have to rev it to an insane rpm, because the car naturally wants to slide because the tires dont have optimal grip because its wet. Just a thought. Thats how I got to learn how to do it.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #26
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Just start out normally on Goodyear F1s on a 35 degree morning. You'll be all over the place.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #27
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
LOL I fishtail on demand...lol or unintentionally with traction control on: on dry pavement just from revving too high.... Yesterday I took my wife for a ride, I had to pull across a four lane so I go to the turn lane in the middle finally able to get out and there is a gap and the person coming fourty or so with a line behind him is not trying to cut me off so I give it some gas in first and fishtail about 40 mph and my wife freaks of course... LOL but hey its all in knowing to lay off the gas and yes I merge into traffic just fine well ahead and she shuts up.... ( she is a little chicken except when she wants to be brave and be happy)... mood dependent I can turn the exhaust to on....lol
Old 11-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #28
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
You have the manual, it's pretty difficult to get it to do that in the auto.

I want to be able to drive it like how this guy drives the vette, lol:

at 0:55 and 4:15 how can that be done in an automatic? lol

This is exactly what I want to know how to do.

Last edited by RagingHawk; 11-05-2015 at 10:14 PM.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote