Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #43
2quick

Drives: none
SCT helped us get our customer cars out. Thanks to the team at SCT
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #44
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
Like I said SCT FTW!! Hey Pq...way to be a stand up guy....and not be like some and be a relentless basher.....
Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #45
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Good job Ted and SCT! Mine worked fine but it was bought in Feb. from Ted. I just did the tune yesterday and all worked OK. I wonder if I should do the new firmware upgrade or not?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #46
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Good job Ted and SCT! Mine worked fine but it was bought in Feb. from Ted. I just did the tune yesterday and all worked OK. I wonder if I should do the new firmware upgrade or not?
If it works do not change it!! Believe me you do not want to go thru what I went thru. My wife thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #47
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
No Sir Leave Well enough alone.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #48
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Kudos to Ken and crew at SCT for getting this done pronto, Ted for steppin up to the plate for weekend assistance (of course we've come to expect that) and PQ for callin SCT out and then mannin up respectfully when they responded. These people and this forum in general just go way above and beyond...

Happy easter everyone.

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #49
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
+1. Good word bro. They got mine going really quick.

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #50
Scott@Bjorn3D

I think it is really cool of Ted to take on tech support for this weekend. God job Ted.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #51
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Guys, if you have a problem with Vista or Windows 7 Couple things and updating the firmware here is a couple tips.

After you install Device Updater, open it, do the update and REBOOT. Don't try to Update the tuner without Rebooting it may not work.

If the tuner gives you a write bulk error like this...

Close Device Updater, Do the Firmware mode procedure (HOLD CANCEL FOR 3 SECONDS WHILE PLUGGING IN THE CABLE AT THE SAME TIME) and THEN open the device updater software.

Thanks,
Nick
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #52
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I had an opportunity at the fest when ARD tuned my car to put my SCT tuner back to stock and failed once again. Didn't think about it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to data-log my car but I'm just too big of a computer dummy to get it to read. It just won't read the car. I have a misfire and need to know which cylinder.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #53
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I tried to update my software and firmware earlier this week. (win 7 business 64-bit)

Errored right after device erase. SCT support helped me recover file system and update the next day. I just tried to reflash my car with Ted's last tune file and it errored. Tune file corrupt, reload tune. 2010 LS3

Logging more than 10 PIDs + wideband never worked together from day 1(back in Feb).

I just re-read 1st page. Guess I need to call SCT support monday for manual transmission software/firmware update. BTW, JRE support has been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Guys, if you have a problem with Vista or Windows 7 Couple things and updating the firmware here is a couple tips.

After you install Device Updater, open it, do the update and REBOOT. Don't try to Update the tuner without Rebooting it may not work.

If the tuner gives you a write bulk error like this...

Close Device Updater, Do the Firmware mode procedure (HOLD CANCEL FOR 3 SECONDS WHILE PLUGGING IN THE CABLE AT THE SAME TIME) and THEN open the device updater software.

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited by sting808; 04-24-2011 at 04:05 AM.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #54
Hawaiian China Man
Hawaii 5-O

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black on Black
Send a message via Skype™ to Hawaiian China Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken@SCT View Post
Hey guys... just wanted to provide some feedback for you here. I currently have a TEST Firmware for both the 3400 and 3416 devices that has resolved the "tune file corrupt error" that most of you have been receiving.

Currently this FW resolves the issue on 2010 and 2011 Manual cars, but I am awaiting confirmation for 2011 Auto cars as they use a different trans module than most of the 2010 cars. We have had one issue with a 2010 auto vehicle in which the flash caused the trans module to go offline and the vehicle will not shift out of 2nd gear. Scott has been extremely understanding and patient with this situation, but we don't want to put any other customers through this headache.

That being said we have 2 engineers currently working with a 2010 auto car with the T43 trans module to resolve the issue. If the issue is resolved today then we will have a test file to try out for the auto vehicles, until then I ask for your patience while we work diligently to resolve these issues.

Anyone that is receiving the "tune file corrupt error" please email me directly with the following information:

Name (First/Last)
Dealer you purchased device from
Year/Make/Model/Trans type
Contact Information

If you have a manual car I can resolve the issue immediately, but will need to remote connect to your PC to load the file, so you need your device, a PC with high-speed internet, and access to the vehicle to test the fix. I will email you back to let you know if I am on a call, and if so I will give you a time that I will call you back.

Additionally we will be closed in observance of Good Friday, so if I am not able to resolve your issues today I will contact you first thing Monday.

Again thank you for your patience, and thank you for choosing SCT.
Hi Ken,

I had ordered my SCT 3400 from Jannetty Racing on 04-01-11, was told that SCT was having issues with their firmware. Then received my SCT 3400 this past Friday after waiting 3 weeks, had been told that the firmware update had been completed and fixed all problems. I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 auto, so appears that I can't do anything until SCT has finished research on the problem with the auto trans. Not too happy about paying for a tuner and having it sit doing nothing, plus the clock is ticking on my warranty as of registration date. I have sent two (2) prior emails to SCT for guidance and instructions and HAVE NOT RECEIVED any help, reply, response, instructions, advice or anything. I would appreciate a response and instructions from you or your staff. Thanks . . . . awaiting your guidance.
Hawaiian China Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #55
Scott@Bjorn3D

PM Ted @ Jannetty and Ken at SCT. You want to make sure you have all the latest updates. And do it at your house not like me at work, no fun having to leave the car stranded downtown overnight.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #56
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian China Man View Post
Hi Ken,

I had ordered my SCT 3400 from Jannetty Racing on 04-01-11, was told that SCT was having issues with their firmware. Then received my SCT 3400 this past Friday after waiting 3 weeks, had been told that the firmware update had been completed and fixed all problems. I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 auto, so appears that I can't do anything until SCT has finished research on the problem with the auto trans. Not too happy about paying for a tuner and having it sit doing nothing, plus the clock is ticking on my warranty as of registration date. I have sent two (2) prior emails to SCT for guidance and instructions and HAVE NOT RECEIVED any help, reply, response, instructions, advice or anything. I would appreciate a response and instructions from you or your staff. Thanks . . . . awaiting your guidance.
SCT was not open Friday due to the Holiday and was not open on the weekend. We got your message here first thing this morning and we will help straighten everything out.

Last edited by NickJRE; 04-25-2011 at 01:28 PM.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote