Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #43
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Nice job! For Claying, you say to not bother drying the car after the washing. Are you saying to use water as the lubricant for the clay instead of the detail?
With claying, you're going to be going over the entire car with detail spray and wiping off each panel after you're done. It's a waste of time and energy to dry the car off only to rewet it again with DS. The water left on the car will have little affect on your DS.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #44
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #45
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Yeah I don't need to worry about the surface being hot.
Just wanted to make sure humidity doesn't play a role in the hazing and curing time.

Can't wait to use it, that's IF I can. This rain is getting a little annoying
I know exactly what you mean, every time I wash my "black" car lol it rains within 24 hours or so. I don't even have a garage anymore, just covered parking..

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #46
MadOven

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Well now I'm excited to get home! I have seven days off to kill and my car could use a bit of TLC
MadOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #47
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Do you think applying wet diamond sealant while its humid would be bad in any way ? Weather has been crap lately
Perfectly fine to use in high humidity. Ive never had a problem. Give it thirty minutes to haze and try to buff off. If its not coming off easily or looks oily, give it a little more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Nice job! For Claying, you say to not bother drying the car after the washing. Are you saying to use water as the lubricant for the clay instead of the detail?
No. You'll still use your clay lube. Just drying the car is a waste of time.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #48
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Gotcha. You're right. I would actually consider the sheeting rinse a separate entity than the standard rinse I was referring to. Definitely an oversight on my part

Good catch, I appreciate it. I'm adding it now. I owe you a beer
No problem! I'm just glad I didn't offend you. A lot of context can get lost in a post and I seem to be misunderstood a bit lately. Good job on the thread, again.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #49
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
I hope you know I'm being serious. Sweating is when you apply something and buff it off and hours later it looks like it needs to be buffed off again.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #50
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I hope you know I'm being serious. Sweating is when you apply something and buff it off and hours later it looks like it needs to be buffed off again.
I know. The emoji was due to the continuous im high humidity here so my window if applying is very short.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #51
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
I know. The emoji was due to the continuous im high humidity here so my window if applying is very short.
Gotcha

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #52
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
Wow.

Just. Wow.

Thank you very much for putting this together. I really, really appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Thank you again.

I bought my first Camaro 3/28/13, and while I've always kept my vehicles cleaner than most people, this will be the first car that I'm going to go "full tilt" on, as far as clay bars, and polishing, etc, etc. (I have already picked up the PC7424XP, but haven't pulled the trigger on pads or polish yet). So, I'm a 50 year old "new guy".

The very first paragraph of your original post not only describes me and my car situation, but also my exact experience in doing my own detailing research. No offense meant to any of the existing resources, or their creators (there is tons of great stuff out there), but I found myself trying to file/keep track of 50+ different thread/websites/videos, and always thinking I was missing some important step/detail/process. Yeah, I'm an "overthinker", and yeah, most people consider me a bit of a nut as far as washing my car too often, or my "please don't touch that" attitude, but I just want my new Camaro to look right as much as reasonably possible, and to stay looking that way as long as possible.

I'll still be leaning on some other resources; videos for example (nothing better than actually being able to watch someone do something, it's a great compliment to reading step by step instructions), but this thread just became my detailing "home base".

Did I hear anyone say "sticky"
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #53
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis View Post
Wow.

Just. Wow.

Thank you very much for putting this together. I really, really appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Thank you again.

I bought my first Camaro 3/28/13, and while I've always kept my vehicles cleaner than most people, this will be the first car that I'm going to go "full tilt" on, as far as clay bars, and polishing, etc, etc. (I have already picked up the PC7424XP, but haven't pulled the trigger on pads or polish yet). So, I'm a 50 year old "new guy".

The very first paragraph of your original post not only describes me and my car situation, but also my exact experience in doing my own detailing research. No offense meant to any of the existing resources, or their creators (there is tons of great stuff out there), but I found myself trying to file/keep track of 50+ different thread/websites/videos, and always thinking I was missing some important step/detail/process. Yeah, I'm an "overthinker", and yeah, most people consider me a bit of a nut as far as washing my car too often, or my "please don't touch that" attitude, but I just want my new Camaro to look right as much as reasonably possible, and to stay looking that way as long as possible.

I'll still be leaning on some other resources; videos for example (nothing better than actually being able to watch someone do something, it's a great compliment to reading step by step instructions), but this thread just became my detailing "home base".

you say please
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #54
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
you say please
Most of the time......I find it makes the slap upside the head easier for them to take....
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #55
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis View Post
Wow.

Just. Wow.

Thanks a lot. I'm just glad I can share some of what I've learned.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #56
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
A w e s o m e !

I never knew about the iron de-contamination. I thought clay took care of that.

As to polishing outside in the sun. I'm concerned that dust/dirt will fall on the car as I'm polishing. I take it I shouldn't polish outside unless there is no wind?