Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #155
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Hey im not ripping on the Cobalt. Its a nice little car, but I dont like FWD, and I dont know of anyone who would say it handles better than and Evo. It might be one of a few cars that are on the same level as the evo, but no one is going to argue its any better
i'm not saying its god's gift to handleing but... just that just because it's "fail wheel drive" doesn't mean it undesteer's like every other fwd car lol and not liking fwd is understandable i've raced a awd vr4 before and he ripped me a new ass off the line regardless i caught up but that thing roars off the line when he rev's at 6k and dumps the clutch i thought he was gonna hit the moon before i even caught him but here's the way i see it rwd>awd>fwd just because rwd is amazing for road racing drifting and with the right setup drag racing but awd is good for rally and snow and pretty good at road racing and fwd is hard to make good at anything but it can be quit suprising
Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #156
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone View Post
Are some people that intimidated about the Evo and it capabilities?
The war between the two cars are the EVO vs STI.
Camaro should be fighting with the Mustangs or other V8.

I bought the Evo X because its fast, has 4 doors and seats 4-5 adults, AWD, S-AWC and I can drive it in year round (including the harsh winters in the Northeast).

I don't really care if a Camaro can breeze by me at 111mph on the highway. That is not the place to go that fast.

I also bought one because there isn't too many of them on the road. Keeps the resale value reasonable.
When I traded my 2003 Evo 8 (owned for 5 years and paid $28,500 for it), I was offered $21,000 trade in toward the 2008 Evo X I purchased.
Newsflash:

14.0 @ 100MPH isn't fast.

Thats what the Evo X runs.

Nobody is intimidated by a riced up 4 door economy car. And as for driving your Evo in the winter, have fun buying 4 18" all season or snow tires. The stock summer tires won't budge the car in the snow, regardless of AWD.

Not too many Lancers on the road?? I don't know what rock you've crawled out from under...
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #157
Wesman

Quote:

What makes you think the Cobalt SS (FWD btw. ) would handle as well as the Evo X? And if all we're doing is throwing out cars that handle better than a camaro its going to be a long day.
Because its been documented that the Cobalt SS Turbo beat the Evo X and new STi around a road course.

Quote:
0-60 in 5.1 is plenty of pick up. Hey for shits and 'relative thinking'.... what did the last gen Z28 run?
You are clueless.

0-60 in 5.1 is not a measure of "pick up". Thats an all out launch with a 6,000RPM clutch drop shifting every gear at redline.

Pickup is like when you're crawling along in traffic at 10MPH and you hit the throttle to change lanes. Or when you're merging into the highway from a slow on ramp and need to accelerate to highway speed quickly. Thats where the car is slow as a dog, especially with the ever present turbo lag.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #158
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Newsflash:

Thats what the Evo X runs.

Nobody is intimidated by a riced up 4 door economy car. And as for driving your Evo in the winter, have fun buying 4 18" all season or snow tires. The stock summer tires won't budge the car in the snow, regardless of AWD.

Not too many Lancers on the road?? I don't know what rock you've crawled out from under...
Now your back to using the Evo X in your comparisons?

Btw its 13.8 @ 100 mph according to MT.

But again... us using this as the only point of refferance would be like comparing skidpad numbers... a beat down

Anyways I think we're all done attempting to chip away at your ignorance. At this point its like arguing with a child.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #159
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Because its been documented that the Cobalt SS Turbo beat the Evo X and new STi around a road course.

And the GT500 beat both of them. Does that mean the GT500 has better handling than the Cobalt SS???????

0-60 in 5.1 is not a measure of "pick up". Thats an all out launch with a 6,000RPM clutch drop shifting every gear at redline.

You are clueless. You dont drop the clutch on an AWD car.

Pickup is like when you're crawling along in traffic at 10MPH and you hit the throttle to change lanes. Or when you're merging into the highway from a slow on ramp and need to accelerate to highway speed quickly. Thats where the car is slow as a dog, especially with the ever present turbo lag.

What did you say that Z28 ran again?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #160
Wesman

Quote:
Hey im not ripping on the Cobalt. Its a nice little car, but I dont like FWD, and I dont know of anyone who would say it handles better than and Evo. It might be one of a few cars that are on the same level as the evo, but no one is going to argue its any better
Its a faster car than the Evo X, higher trap speed.

It handles better than the Evo X.

It looks 10x nicer than the Evo X.

It gets better fuel economy than the Evo X.

And of course the entire powertrain and overall quality are better, because its not a Mitsubishi.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #161
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Its a faster car than the Evo X, higher trap speed.

It handles better than the Evo X.

It looks 10x nicer than the Evo X.

It gets better fuel economy than the Evo X.

And of course the entire powertrain and overall quality are better, because its not a Mitsubishi.
Proof?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #162
Wesman

Quote:
And the GT500 beat both of them. Does that mean the GT500 has better handling than the Cobalt SS???????
Since when was the GT500 involved?? And the 2010 models handle very well, not like you'd have a clue though.

Quote:
You are clueless. You dont drop the clutch on an AWD car.
Maybe you don't, and I certainly don't, but plenty of people do. It either takes off or bogs down. Usually they bog down from lack of power and torque and cook their clutches.

Quote:
What did you say that Z28 ran again?
Last gen F-body has ran 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

And thats without an AWD launch or handicap 4.56 gears.

What was your point again??
Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #163
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Or you can listen to "some dude on the internet" who calls it an oxcart (I still don't think he's driven an X).
i agree. as much as ive read this dude hate on "jap" this and "asian rice" that id would be shocked to see him step one foot in a import. let alone drive one.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #164
Wesman

Quote:
Proof?
104MPH > 100MPH

The SS Turbo beat the Evo X around a tight road course in a direct comparison.

Ray Charles could tell you the SS Turbo looks better than the Evo X.

SS is rated 22/30MPG. Evo X is 17/22.

There's your proof.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #165
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Since when was the GT500 involved?? And the 2010 models handle very well, not like you'd have a clue though.

The only track the Cobalt ever beat the Evo and STi on was the lightning lap. The GT500 beat them all though. Dont follow well do you.

Maybe you don't, and I certainly don't, but plenty of people do. It either takes off or bogs down. Usually they bog down from lack of power and torque and cook their clutches.

Bogging down doesnt come from 'lack of power'. 300+-hp / 300+-tq isnt a lack of power.

Last gen F-body has ran 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

And thats without an AWD launch or handicap 4.56 gears.

What was your point again??

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooo.... Im sorry... the correct anwser was: The Z28 ran a 5.1 0-60. The exact same as the Evo X. But we do have some lovely parting gifts for you http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...tech_data.html
Old 08-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #166
Dangerzone

Drives: 2008 EvoX
Newsflash:

And the Camaro doesn't have a trap speed of 111mph

Have fun driving the Camaro with the stock Pirelli PZero max summer tires in the winter.

There are about 4500+/- 2008 Evo X in the US. Not the basic Lancers.

Hey Wesman, what tires are you running on your Trans Am?
Nitto 555?
Better take those tires off because its from a Japanese tire company.

Last edited by Dangerzone; 08-24-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #167
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Quote:
Usually they bog down from lack of power and torque and cook their clutches.
Hilarious. Perfect example of having ZERO idea what you're talking about.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #168
2003vette

Drives: 2003 black corvette ls1
lets just say evo insurance is through the roof if that even matters.

Closed Thread