Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
bluetooth phone wont answer, just rings

I have my AT&T Tilt 2 phone syncd. I can make calls just fine however when I get an incoming call and hit answer, it continues to ring over my speakers but I can pick up my phone and talk to them that way. Even after I hang up, it continues to ring. I even pulled over and shut the car off, still ringing. I finally shut bluetooth off on my phone and then it came back with some message phone connection lost. The really bad part is when this first happened I was on the highway and couldnt pull over for about 20min so I just turned it down and enjoyed the sound of my Camaro. The next time it happened I just disconnected the bluetooth.

I want to take my car in for updates to the PDIM but scared they will break it or make it worse and then I wont have anything on the drive to C5Fest. Guess I will wait until after the trip.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
techsupport

Drives: 1ss, heritage grille cfh perf. mods
the update isnt that bad it takes a while about thirty minutes. even if they totally messed up and killed the pdim your car will still run just not have the aux input working.I dont know if that is you problem though. You might need to get your onstar module updated because it sounds like it is the problem. I will look for some info on this at work tomorrow and see if there is any info on this type of problem that way you can tell them how to fix it.like i said before though even if they were to kill both of those modules your car will still function as long as they dont mess with the pcm, or tcm. With this problem they shouldnt even go near either one of those. hope this helps and ill check back tomorrow to let you know if i find anything
Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I was having the same issue. I had to push the phone button on the rearview mirror to answer the phone.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
techsupport

Drives: 1ss, heritage grille cfh perf. mods
i was looking at how it answers calls and the bcm tells the onstar module when to answer. if none of this fixes the probem it might be that your phone doesnt support the answer feature. some phones ive run into will sync fine but either wont make a call or will ring when called but wont activate car bluetooth. try the updates first and if that wont work try talking to your cell advisor about the issue
Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
I have the exact same problem with the same phone and I have the latest version of the PDIM. I tried everything I could think of including pressing every button possible to answer. Starting to think now that the phone just might not be compatible for whatever reason.

And yea I was like WTF when it kept ringing when the car was off and armed.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
get your manual out for your phone i think its the phone itself is not 100% compliant with the cars system
Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
RedRyder

Woh google is magic:

1. Modify the HandsFree plug-in: HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree
i. Change SupportedFeatures to 45 (default is 1135 mine was 1379)
ii. Add value HFBDA binary, set to same value as LastConnectedBda
iii. Add value HFDeviceType DWORD 2

2. Modify the WIDCOMM bluetooth general settings: HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\General
i. Change bdaddr to (no value) delete the existing key value
ii. Change DisableReopenAudio to 0 (default is 1) I didn't have this registry key so I created it with DWORD value 0

3. Reboot device
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
RedRyder

Just tested everything and it works flawlessly! I am one happy camaro owner now

Apparently its not just for these cars, this fix is needed to connect the Touch Pro 2 (AT&T Tilt 2) to any car bluetooth system. Lame.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Awesome! Thanks so much! Now I can travel to C5Fest without worries of missing a call having my music cranked up!
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote