Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #435
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I've been having a lot of issues with my zune lately. It has been indexing for almost 3 days, with about an hour of time the car Is actually on. So the p-dim can be replaced by the dealer?
You can have the module updated yes, you don't need the whole PDIM kit, just the module. Having a 2010 is kind of messy since we can't get the most current version under warranty and I will hopefully have more news on that soon(mine is supposedly getting the 2nd to newest version under warranty- crossing my fingers), but you can always buy the newest module from a vendor on here for like ~$105 and install yourself, it's in the center console and I guess is very easy to do. The 2010 Camaros are way outdated compared to newer 2011's and the ability and reliability they have when it comes to the PDIM working properly and not recognizing or playing media.

If you want to spend the time, go to the dealer and talk to them about it and see what they are willing to do, every dealer will be different, just make sure you know what you're talking about because they will look at you with no clue when you start saying PDIM haha. If you don't want to waste the time, spend the $105 and get the newest module and install yourself and you will be good to go

Hope this helps...
Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #436
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
The dealer said they'll take a look on Thursday, so far they've been great. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #437
terry_b

So I'm sitting at the dealer, and what do you know, the service guy is lost when I mention "PDIM". They really treat me right, I love this dealership, but this is sort of a pita. I had them update the softwarelast time, I was hoping that would work...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #438
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
So I'm sitting at the dealer, and what do you know, the service guy is lost when I mention "PDIM". They really treat me right, I love this dealership, but this is sort of a pita. I had them update the softwarelast time, I was hoping that would work...

Same thing happened when I went to my local dealer...

The Camaro is not the only GM product with it.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #439
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
What did I tell you about them not knowing anything about PDIM's hahaha. That's why you need to know what you're talking about

Still waiting to hear back from my Dealership about the outcome of them getting me the 2nd latest PDIM module with DA/DA under warranty for my 2010 through a TSB they had.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #440
terry_b

well, my service guy did some research and i guess he did find something about replacing the module. he ordered it, said it should be here tomorrow so we will see

everytime i've been there i mentioned the blower motor squeak - and wouldn't you know it - every time it goes away within minutes of me pulling into their lot... oh, well maybe it will get fixed too
Old 05-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #441
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Does any one have a copy of the TSB for the PDIM module or point me to where I can read it?

Thanks
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #442
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
Does any one have a copy of the TSB for the PDIM module or point me to where I can read it?

Thanks
There isn't one last i checked afaik. Ive given up waiting for one also. GM doesn't want to pay to fix it.

Is there anyone else out there who's pretty much given up on getting this fixed under warranty?

I know some have gotten there units replaced, but it depends on your dealer and getting mine to even understand the various problems is like pulling teeth.

I love my car, but if this is how GM is going to act over the radio it makes me wonder what happens when something significant breaks. This question will definitely be in my mind the next time I go shopping for a new car.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #443
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
There isn't one last i checked afaik. Ive given up waiting for one also. GM doesn't want to pay to fix it.

Is there anyone else out there who's pretty much given up on getting this fixed under warranty?

I know some have gotten there units replaced, but it depends on your dealer and getting mine to even understand the various problems is like pulling teeth.

I love my car, but if this is how GM is going to act over the radio it makes me wonder what happens when something significant breaks. This question will definitely be in my mind the next time I go shopping for a new car.
Well to be honest, if it's something significant, I'm sure GM would do something about it. It's the small things like this that car companies don't worry about, they just fix it for the next model... if you're lucky. This is not a life or death issue. Unless of course someone has it cranked and then the static blast's out and they lose control over their vehicle and crash and die... Which could happen I guess. Mine startled me but I stayed in control. Anyway that's usually the only reason they normally fix anything.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #444
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
It's a $35,000 car. If you want to enjoy using your USB port, spend a hundred bucks, install the PDIM yourself, and be done with it. You shouldn't have to do that, I know, but I gave up waiting on a TSB a long time ago. :bangdesk:
Old 05-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #445
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

By the way, still no TSB? :emoticon7:
Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #446
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
It's a $35,000 car. If you want to enjoy using your USB port, spend a hundred bucks, install the PDIM yourself, and be done with it. You shouldn't have to do that, I know, but I gave up waiting on a TSB a long time ago. :bangdesk:
After paying that much, I expect all the options to work as they should. If I paid $3,500 for a used car, then I would expect to fix it as needed, on my dime. But not a new and pricey (at least to me) car.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #447
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
After paying that much, I expect all the options to work as they should. If I paid $3,500 for a used car, then I would expect to fix it as needed, on my dime. But not a new and pricey (at least to me) car.
I know that's how it should be; but what are you going to do, camp out at the GM headquarters until they produce a TSB? You'll starve to death waiting on one. It ain't right, but it's how it is if you want your USB to work like it's supposed to. :(
Old 05-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #448
terry_b

Well maybe my service guy is just taking better care of me than others do... but he went ahead and ordered the new PDIM module for me. I'm not sure if it is an actual TSB but he looked up the problems I was having and said it was under warranty.

I plugged in my Zune - which, by the way, has about 5000 songs - and it indexed for about 5 mins.... I started to get worried, but then it finished and was good to go! It also remembers that Random was on when I start the car up. it only does a quick index to make sure nothing changed.

DA/DX for the win!