Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: What package should I get
Package 1 11 40.74%
Package 2 3 11.11%
Package 3 1 3.70%
Package 4 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #603
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Unfortunately not unless you want to shell out the 1,000 bucks or so and then however much it is to paint them.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #604
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Thanks Bruce. If I had known, I would have made one more trip. I still don't have a flawless run to see what I can trap. I missed third on most of my runs including the one in the video. Next time I'll be prepared. Need to get hendrix or gforce to sponsor me with some axles...
Don't forget DSS for axels. Pumpkin has there axels and drivshaft. Good product's and great service.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #605
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Just way too expensive. =/

I did forgot them in the list though.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #606
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152882

Well my next addition is completed and shipping to me. I can't wait to install it. Next wave of mods come at the end of June.
After all the PR you gave Ace they never came through for you? I only bought mine because you pointed it out to me.

When I bought it, I asked for the discount they were offering 2 weeks earlier. Nope.

Then, when I got it, my order was wrong and I had to ship it back to be fixed.

About 2 weeks after I bought it, they started offering a free ebrake cover, so I sent a note and asked if I could get that. Nope.

By the way, the fit and finish on the one you bought looks really good. I found that the bezels didn't fit tightly on the Ace, so you are better off with the one you ordered I think.

I'll be curious to read your review once you get it.

If I could afford it, I'd have Indpwr (DSV) do the entire interior of my car.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #607
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
After all the PR you gave Ace they never came through for you? I only bought mine because you pointed it out to me.

When I bought it, I asked for the discount they were offering 2 weeks earlier. Nope.

About 2 weeks after I bought it, they started offering a free ebrake cover, so I sent a note and asked if I could get that. Nope.

By the way, the fit and finish on the one you bought looks really good. I found that the bezels didn't fit tightly on the Ace, so you are better off with the one you ordered I think.

I couldn't agree with you more. ACE customer service was absolutely terrible and tried to renig on an agreement we had for putting on the group buy. I don't do business with liars and people who like to change their story. It was an absolute nightmare because of lack of communication and Carlos having his own agenda. I will never buy an ACE product for that reason. I was all about getting them business and then kicked to the curb. Luckily DSV knows how to treat a customer. I will be writing a fair review (as much as I don't want to) comparing the DSV wheel to an ACE wheel or two when I get mine. I know Manny and Pyroboy are local and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind helping with the comparo.

=) Hope all is well.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #608
Darth_Emma

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. ACE customer service was absolutely terrible and tried to renig on an agreement we had for putting on the group buy. I don't do business with liars and people who like to change their story. It was an absolute nightmare because of lack of communication and Carlos having his own agenda. I will never buy an ACE product for that reason. I was all about getting them business and then kicked to the curb. Luckily DSV knows how to treat a customer. I will be writing a fair review (as much as I don't want to) comparing the DSV wheel to an ACE wheel or two when I get mine. I know Manny and Pyroboy are local and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind helping with the comparo.

=) Hope all is well.
Unfortunately, I already installed the Ace wheel in my car. I wouldn't do it again if given the chance.

I will say that SparksAI was a good vendor and took good car of me.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #609
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:

Could'nt agree more! The first wheel I got from ACE also had fitment problems with the bezels. I just got my second wheel sent to me with "a new mold" (well see what happens). I'm gunna change them out tonight if i have time and let you know.....Were they redoing the wheel for you.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #610
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Could'nt agree more! The first wheel I got from ACE also had fitment problems with the bezels. I just got my second wheel sent to me with "a new mold" (well see what happens). I'm gunna change them out tonight if i have time and let you know.....Were they redoing the wheel for you.
No they aren't redoing the wheel for me. I'm going to live with it I guess. I already sent it back once because they had not sent me a wheel with the paddle-shifter openings (and they had glued the screw holes shut back there). They told me I could remove the goo and covers myself to insert the paddles, but the glue was set so hard, I was afraid of breaking something. So, I sent it back for them to make it right. I don't want to send it back again. I'm not sure anyone would really notice that the bezels don't fit perfectly, but they certainly aren't as tight as the stock wheel was. Let me know if yours is better this time.

I only bought the Ace wheel because Mindz recommended it to me. They should have taken care of him.

I need to save a few grand and have DSV do my whole interior in their really good leather.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #611
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
No they aren't redoing the wheel for me. I'm going to live with it I guess. I already sent it back once because they had not sent me a wheel with the paddle-shifter openings (and they had glued the screw holes shut back there). They told me I could remove the goo and covers myself to insert the paddles, but the glue was set so hard, I was afraid of breaking something. So, I sent it back for them to make it right. I don't want to send it back again. I'm not sure anyone would really notice that the bezels don't fit perfectly, but they certainly aren't as tight as the stock wheel was. Let me know if yours is better this time.

I only bought the Ace wheel because Mindz recommended it to me. They should have taken care of him.

I need to save a few grand and have DSV do my whole interior in their really good leather.
same here; got in with the group buy from Jay....I ended up talking to the COO of ACE and he actually got things moving along good....I'll def let you know what happens with the new wheel.

btw Jerrod, when do i get to see that new wheel in person?!?!?!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #612
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

It should be on when Ofer's installing our mods. =)

Emma, I'm sorry that your wheel didn't turn out. I'm pretty fed up with sponsors that I am proactive about getting their name out that don't deliver. ACE is just one of a few companies/sponsors on a list of about 7.

I wish I could turn back time and have a redo...If your wheel doesn't turn out right, I would suggest just asking for a refund since the quality isn't as good as advertised. You shouldn't be stuck with a subpar wheel that you paid hard-earned money for.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #613
Darth_Emma

Quote:
It should be on when Ofer's installing our mods. =)

Emma, I'm sorry that your wheel didn't turn out. I'm pretty fed up with sponsors that I am proactive about getting their name out that don't deliver. ACE is just one of a few companies/sponsors on a list of about 7.

I wish I could turn back time and have a redo...If your wheel doesn't turn out right, I would suggest just asking for a refund since the quality isn't as good as advertised. You shouldn't be stuck with a subpar wheel that you paid hard-earned money for.
It's not your fault (I didn't mean to imply that. Sorry if it came off that way). The Ace wheel actually looks good in the car. It's just that I'm overly picky about everything on this car, so the bezel not being quite tight just kind of bugs me.

What I was trying to say was that Ace didn't take care of you like they promised after you promoted their product. Some vendors don't get it that customer service is the most important factor in getting people to continue to buy their products. In the modern internet world, we all talk to each other and provide feedback. Word gets around fast.

In the meantime, I'm psyched to see your new cooler steering wheel. It give me something new to aspire to.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #614
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

yeah, I wish it didn't happen that way, but oh well. Live and learn. Onto bigger and better things.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #615
Darth_Emma

Quote:
yeah, I wish it didn't happen that way, but oh well. Live and learn. Onto bigger and better things.
You have me so thinking hard about getting this leather interior now!

Maybe I'll just start with the center console.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #616
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

get me one too please? or I'll take the cf shiftknob and/or 4pack bezel in cf please.

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
22's, 5th gen, aac, blown, blu808, blue rush, boss, build thread, camaro, camaro5, carbon fiber, fbodfather, flowmaster, hushpower, mindz, monoblock, pedders, procharger, rideskinz, stainless works