Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #1149
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Thanks Hysonmb, I appreciate the info. I'm getting really tired of the usb connection dropping randomly. The Zune still recognizes the car, but the car doesn't always see the Zune. And the song limit is irritating too... Think it's about time I broke down and got that new one!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #1150
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Now i've got a question.... My bluetooth works perfectly fine, but if I plug it into AUX it will play for 5 minutes and then just turn off, like my phone isn't plugged in, any idea why? It's not the cable.
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #1151
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Knockoutpie,

What is the year of your vehicle? I can see what information I can find out for you.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Now i've got a question.... My bluetooth works perfectly fine, but if I plug it into AUX it will play for 5 minutes and then just turn off, like my phone isn't plugged in, any idea why? It's not the cable.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #1152
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
lets make sure everyone is on the same page. Knockoutpie, you said you plugged your phone into the AUX ...... that is the 3.5 mini-jack connection.....or are you talking about the USB port?
Old 09-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #1153
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi Knockoutpie,

What is the year of your vehicle? I can see what information I can find out for you.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
It's a 2013 1lt, I brought it to the dealership today, seriously this irritated me. I said "ya I would like to get my MyLink Updated for the newer PDIM software, it's having a few glitches"

They said ok sure it'll be about 2 hours though. I'm like ya that's fine don't worry about it. I showed up 2 hours later (mind you I was walking around the complex I think I walked around 6 miles today...) He said oh it's going to be another 2 hours. I said Ok sure that's fine. I'm 20... I don't like to get upset and be rude to people so I just put on my happy face and came back in 2 hours, they pulled up. The same guy said "Oh well we tried it and the problem you said didn't happen for us so it must be your phone, so we didn't have to update it." <-- ""They didn't have to update it......"" So I said well what did you do then? They said well we washed your car for you but we didn't have to update the software. So I said Ok well thanks for washing my car but if you couldn't tell it looks the same as it did 2 days ago (I just washed me car)

SO moral of the story was, they kept me waiting for 4 hours, to wash my car, and not update the software for MYLink. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. Then he has the nerve at the end to tell me that "the guy who does the software updates isn't here today so you can come back on the weekend" Seriously Jessica I'm very mad about this situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
lets make sure everyone is on the same page. Knockoutpie, you said you plugged your phone into the AUX ...... that is the 3.5 mini-jack connection.....or are you talking about the USB port?
Lol yes it's the 3.5mm Jack, not the USB...
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #1154
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
The PDIM affects the USB, the aux plug only connects to the radio for audio. most likely your phone is shutting off or something.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #1155
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Will the HW-SW update allow the zune to play DRM files???? RIght now I am at DB-DB, everything works fine, but no go on the DRM files with the Zune HD32
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #1156
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Zune's been done for sometime now. Download everything from the Zune and put it on a USB. That's what I did. I wasted money on a product that went downhill as soon as I bought it.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #1157
headgamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Zune's been done for sometime now. Download everything from the Zune and put it on a USB. That's what I did. I wasted money on a product that went downhill as soon as I bought it.
Yeah I know. I like it though, esp the music pass. Just trying to figure out if the new update will allow DRM files, since with the DB-DB version it won't allow them to play.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #1158
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

well I couldn't tell you, I do have the DB-DD, and I too have a Zune, but I have all my music is MP3, why don't you put all your music in MP3's and you would be good?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #1159
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:

playing music through the AUX jack has nothing to do with the PDIM, in fact, cars that don't have the PDIM (usb) have an AUX Jack, as all of our cars do. so you have some other issue. not to mention, your dealers service department didn't know that there was no PDIM to update if you only have a Aux Jack. and REALLY wasted your time.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #1160
headgamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well I couldn't tell you, I do have the DB-DD, and I too have a Zune, but I have all my music is MP3, why don't you put all your music in MP3's and you would be good?
Hey SN,
I have a lot of MP3 music already, and it plays great. Somehow, the Xbox music pass is also MP3, but it won't allow me to remove the DRM. Any music I purchase is fine though, and plays great!! Just that darn DRM tag!!! I am hoping that someone can confirm that the update allows the ZuneHD to play the DRM files. They play through the AUX port, but that thing drives me crazy....
Old 09-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #1161
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

maybe one of the true audiophiles will chime in that can answer your question......I just don't know the answer for you.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #1162
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Knockoutpie,

I am really sorry to hear this! That would make me very frustrated as well. I would be happy to contact your dealership and speak with them regarding this issue. If you could send a private message with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership, I can further research for you. I am also thinking that our Infotainment team can assist as well. Once you send me your information, I can check out what options we have available. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced! I hope to get this resolved for you quickly.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
It's a 2013 1lt, I brought it to the dealership today, seriously this irritated me. I said "ya I would like to get my MyLink Updated for the newer PDIM software, it's having a few glitches"

They said ok sure it'll be about 2 hours though. I'm like ya that's fine don't worry about it. I showed up 2 hours later (mind you I was walking around the complex I think I walked around 6 miles today...) He said oh it's going to be another 2 hours. I said Ok sure that's fine. I'm 20... I don't like to get upset and be rude to people so I just put on my happy face and came back in 2 hours, they pulled up. The same guy said "Oh well we tried it and the problem you said didn't happen for us so it must be your phone, so we didn't have to update it." <-- ""They didn't have to update it......"" So I said well what did you do then? They said well we washed your car for you but we didn't have to update the software. So I said Ok well thanks for washing my car but if you couldn't tell it looks the same as it did 2 days ago (I just washed me car)

SO moral of the story was, they kept me waiting for 4 hours, to wash my car, and not update the software for MYLink. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. Then he has the nerve at the end to tell me that "the guy who does the software updates isn't here today so you can come back on the weekend" Seriously Jessica I'm very mad about this situation...

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote