Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
5thGen

Drives: Black 2LT/RS, jeep Wrangler
ny dash abl

does anybody know anybody in ny that will do my dash ambient lighting for me .. i dont wanna f**k wit my new car
5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGen View Post
does anybody know anybody in ny that will do my dash ambient lighting for me .. i dont wanna fuk wit my new car
It depends on how you want it done.

I've pretty much concluded that it's impossible to get the panels in the front to light the same way that the doors light up. You can make them light up but they end up lighting in a way that doesn't match the OEM of the doors. To make them match you would need to modify the doors.

It all comes down to the way the paint needs to be sanded. The necessity of sanding the dash trim panels makes them look non-OEM.

I've been playing around with some ideas for making true OEM looking dash panels, but I wish I had a spare trim piece to work on because I don't want to mess mine up.

If anyone has one they replaced because they oversanded it, or one from a wreck or even a broken one, drop me a PM.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
It depends on how you want it done.

I've pretty much concluded that it's impossible to get the panels in the front to light the same way that the doors light up. You can make them light up but they end up lighting in a way that doesn't match the OEM of the doors. To make them match you would need to modify the doors.

It all comes down to the way the paint needs to be sanded. The necessity of sanding the dash trim panels makes them look non-OEM.

I've been playing around with some ideas for making true OEM looking dash panels, but I wish I had a spare trim piece to work on because I don't want to mess mine up.

If anyone has one they replaced because they oversanded it, or one from a wreck or even a broken one, drop me a PM.
Wanna buy my old ones?

New ones are 84 for the passenger and 40 for the driver side. YOWZA!

I'm just going to hold off and try to get some paint. I have been thinking of sanding down the door panels. But, really....with that line you sand in the dash, it doesn't look bad.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
nessa131
Nessa131

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM
I just got my Camaro back from a shop in central arkansas- and everything Looks Factory! they sanded and everything and it looks perfect- I will have some pics up hopefully be the end of the weekend- but if anyone needs any work done i would suggest B&W body works!~ They are sooo awesome!