Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray

Last edited by Jamie Mac; 08-27-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
coolman

I guess I'm different too than. I could care less about the transformer movies. Never saw any of them and probably never will. I think it's a little goofy that grown men get so wound up about this thing. I never knew that the camaro had anything to do with the movie until I started on this forum.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I thought the scene in Transformers where bumblebee switches to a 5th Gen and pulls up was pretty cool.

I'd much rather be driving or working on mine than watching some companies car on a screen. If I really need to see one I'll go to the garage.
I agree. My club is actually doing a show in front of a theater Friday night. Afterwards, we're going to watch the movie. Hope it's better than the second one!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My favorite part of the Transformer movies is the first half of the first movie with the early 70s Camaro.

I really like the part when he (Shia Leabouf) says "I loves this car" because he finally got close to a hot girl (Megan Fox) when he gave her a ride home.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I will go even further...

I won't take my car to see this movie... not because I am afraid it will get damaged but becuase I don't even like the association with the movie.

I really like the car and the movie... thats where I draw the line. Two things I like. Hell, I like ice cream and beer too but I keep them seperate!

Quick example of what irritates me....

Grown man at work comes out to check out my SILVER car. It has ZERO transformer items on it and he says... Oh its a silver bumblebee.... I almost slapped him.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
Future MDPilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Old 06-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Well said Jamie...................

jrhaus............funny shit as usual!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Well, I love my Camaro! And I love Transformers! I grew up watching them on the morning cartoons before school. And I love that my nephew thinks my car looks like a Blue Bumblebee. It makes him smile and that makes me smile. But I didnt buy the car because of Transformers...just happen to be two things that I like that go great together. Unlike beer and ice cream. And I am not offended if someone wants to make a Transformer comment about my car. Who gives a crap. I have zero transformers paraphernalia on my car and no plans to add any.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
While the association of Camaros with Transformers isn't for everybody, you have to admit that it was a great marketing tool used by GM. First of all, there's no better place to advertise for a car than in a popular movie (ex: Aston Martin/BMW in James Bond, Alfa Romeo in The Graduate...). There is also a certain demographic, mostly teenagers and young men, that does idolize Transformers, and the link between the movies and this car gives them another incentive to buy one. Make no mistake, the reason why the Camaro is doing so well against the Mustang in sales is largely thanks to the popularity of the franchise (aftermarket parts with the Transformers logo confirm this fact).
Finally, I am not a Transformers fan. I have no logos on my car, nor will I ever get any. To be honest, I thought the first two movies were crap, and very well may not see the third at all. I only want to point out the fact that this connection is a wise tool utilized by Chevy and has been extremely profitable thus far. Also, I took a marketing class last semester...
Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
scottw

Drives: 2011 SGM Camaro 2SS/RS
....You mean Transformers arent real? No. Havent you seen the camaro commercials?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
Well said Jamie...................

jrhaus............funny shit as usual!
I aim to please... but sometimes my aim is WAY off.

I just open my mind and let the fingers go... my wife gives me grief about it. I believe her words are "youre an asshole online... i am surprized youve made as many friends as you have" I have made a few enemies but way more friends... some who I will be fiends with even after the Camaro... which yes, someday there may be life with out a 5th gen camaro for all of us... perish the thought.

MIT is dead nuts on... it is a GREAT marketing tool but some people take it WAYYYY to far... Do I need to post any pictures Mac?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Lol. Yes I've seen them. I'm not one to post a Camaro commercial on every forum and email it to everyone I know. Sorry I'm a bad enthusiast and like the actual cars instead of the advertising

Memories...
Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #13
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Greetings. Sure Jason post some pics!
Maybe tomorrow... time for bed! night all!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #14
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Memories...
Hey stranger... I have something you have to see... remind me to show you "El Numbero Uno" some time...