Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Chevy22

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Lifter Question?

So I have been having some problems with lifter noise on my 2010 SS/RS L99! I bought the car about 11 months ago and noticed it immediately! I took it to the the dealer service tech 10 months ago (before warranty expired) and he said it's just exhaust rattle I've recently decided to do a little more research and investigate my self because it is becoming louder! It is on the left side of my engine! I talked to a GM rep and gave him my VIN and told him about the TSB and he told me that it doesn't matter because my power train warranty is up! Is this true and Is there anything I can do because I tried to bring it to their attention before my warranty expired? Also if they don't do anything and I am left to do the repair out of pocket how much would it cost of I did it all my self?!
Chevy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 AM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The L99 lifter noise happens at the beginning of a cold start up. Mine typically lasted two or three seconds, and it was random. That is, sometimes it didn't happen even if the car had been sitting for days.

However, it never happened during a hot start up.

My lifters were replaced under warranty. It would have cost over $2,000.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote