Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
OXCatLove

Drives: 1997 Z28
Some Cool Car Photos From PRI

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend. Had some friends shooting up at the Performance Racing Industry Show and they had some bad ass photos from PRI just wanted to share them. My favorite was the black Camaro with the LS in it. https://theblock.com/news/chevrolet-...ive-chevys-pri

With such a wide variety of cars and parts at the show it’s easy to run into a few that really make an impression on you. And that’s why we took this opportunity with Russ O’Blenes, Manager at GM Racing Powertrain Group and Robin Wright, COPO Powertrain Project Manager, to discuss what they thought were the top five Chevrolet cars at PRI.
#1 - ’66 Turbo Nova

Robin Wright
This Nova has retained all of its stock chrome, its very tastefully done, but very extreme in powertrain content. The car obviously has to be wicked fast, but they didn’t chop the car up into a million pieces, so it’s got a nice classic look to it. It’s just beautiful. The stance is gorgeous, the paint color is perfect, they just completely nailed this car.”
Russ O'Blenes
“The hot thing now is the 10.5” tire cars and this Nova is the epitome of a 10.5” outlaw car to me. It’s methanol injected, but driven on the street, it’s got the big turbo, non-intercooled, all steel roll up windows, all the chrome, it’s just a very clean execution. The wiring is nice, the interior isn’t overdone, it’s just a very nice package.”
#2 - ’63 Grand Sport Corvette Replica

Russ O'Blenes
“This Grand Sport Corvette Replica is a very nicely done car, very time-correct. The Grand Sport is really one of the icons of GM’s racing heritage from the 60’s. This car is so well done, it’s got the knock-offs, the side pipes, but with some modern safety and powertrain upgrades. On the whole it definitely captures the feeling of the GM factory racers from the 60’s.”
#3 - American Racing Camaro

Robin Wright
“The stand-out feature of the American Racing Camaro is that they retained a lot of the factory architecture for powertrain, meaning the independent rear suspension, the production LS3 cylinder case, they basically did a really good job of making a super fast race car with a lot of the production architecture. The car doesn’t have a lot of modifications done to it, it’s very clean execution on all the plumbing and wiring, and all the mechanical details are 100% on this car.”
#4 - ’69 Camaro

Russ O'Blenes
“One of the things that really stood out to me on this RS Camaro was how nicely executed the LS3 package was in the car. This is a great example of an opportunity to use a connect and cruise type engine package in a pro-street type vehicle. Lowered suspension, big brakes, big tires, but nicely executed. The interior isn’t overdone, but it’s got nice upgraded seats, leather and air conditioning. It’s got all the amenities, including that really nicely executed LS3 integration.
#5 - ’67 Chevelle

Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Nice pics!

I like the other Camaro also
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
I like the 69 RS, the Chevelle, and the Nova the best!
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6

Quote:
Russ O'Blenes
“One of the things that really stood out to me on this RS Camaro was how nicely executed the LS3 package was in the car. This is a great example of an opportunity to use a connect and cruise type engine package in a pro-street type vehicle. Lowered suspension, big brakes, big tires, but nicely executed.
Here are some more pics of the 69 from our town's monthly Cruise last month. It was just freshly out of the shop and pictures don't do it justice. Very nicely done.
Attached Images

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
45th
Steelers!

Drives: 2014 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post

Here are some more pics of the 69 from our town's monthly Cruise last month. It was just freshly out of the shop and pictures don't do it justice. Very nicely done.
I knew I saw that camaro before. Its Amazing!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Congrats to the winner and all other picks. We were thrilled to be in the top 3 considering the main purpose of ARH/Fark's Supercars Gen 5 is to run it's ass off. I think the logo had a hand in the judging as well. Many loved the look.

Nick

100% USA MADE
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Congrats to the winner and all other picks. We were thrilled to be in the top 3 considering the main purpose of ARH/Fark's Supercars Gen 5 is to run it's ass off. I think the logo had a hand in the judging as well. Many loved the look.

Nick
Love that logo. Congrats. You all make a great product.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
BobB

Drives: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
Nice pics!

I like the other Camaro also
And here is the American Racing Headers Record Setting Camaro in Action at this year's LSX Shootout Gen 5 Finals.
http://youtu.be/L2cvd10PCWI

Bob
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
awesome pics
Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Fentito5thgen
Sombra

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel Gray 2SS
These are great pics. Thanks for sharing.