Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
Guelphguy

Drives: 2013 - 2SS Vert
D (drive) flashing? SES also on.

2013 Camaro 2SS vert, from ontario canada, drove down to florida a week ago and here for another week yet. Oddly a few days ago, "service tire pressure system" came on. The back right sensor was off on a wild goose chase. After a restart or two, it came back.
Now today driving through traffic in Orlando, I get "AC turned off due to high engine temp" ...meanwhile the engine temp guage is right cold, not working obviously. Then the SES light comes on? I check the forums where people say to unplug the ECU harness and plug back in. I do that, start the car....temperature guage is good but SES light still on, but Ok at least car has air conditioning again!
We stop at target, go shopping...i drive back and SES light is still on but now my "D" drive indicator is flashing and the car is not shifting properly?!?!
WTF is going on? I am 2500 miles from home, have no tools.....
HELP.....do i really have to waste part of my vacation going to a Chevrolet dealership in Orlando?!?!
Guelphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
Not being a mechanic, it sounds like things are not cooled properly so they can function. If I was in your shoes, I'd have been to the dealership as soon as the High Engine Temp light came on.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Guelphguy

The car was not displaying any signs of actually overheating. I have the guage pack and watched the oil temp and tranny temp remain constant. The actual coolant guage was was not working so i am leaning more towards an electrical gremlin issue. Might have something to do with the car being in freezing temperatures for two months and now 80 degree weather....bbad connector somewhere? Sweating on the connections? Faulty ECU.....either way a 2013 with 16000 miles should not be effected by any of this and dealer will have to fix......i guess i will have no choice but take time out of my holidays to go to the dealer.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I would definitely take it to a dealer. You can probably just leave it and they should provide you with a rental car. Its better to be safe than sorry....
Old 03-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
I'd get to the dealer ASAP if I was you, but I hope you get it figured it out.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #6
Guelphguy

Since its now sunday, and i now have to cancel our trip to cocoa beach for today, do i call 1-800 gm come get your piece of shit or drive it and leave it outside the closest dealer. Ive taken great effort to build a solid relationship with my dealer in canada.....now who knows what will happen....i may as well prepare the butt cream. I have been rediculous with service so far.,..taking their suggestions to change air filters, wiper blades, service the brakes....
very pissed...
Old 03-15-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Have you called the 800 number to get assistance? Back in 2001 I had a new GMC pickup. I was helping my son move on a Sunday to Texas from Tennessee. Just as we passed Texarkana my truck quit on the interstate at 70 mph. I coasted to the side of the road and it would not restart. I called the 800 number, they sent a tow truck and arranged for us to pick up a rental van at the local dealership so we could complete our trip. The next morning the called and had our truck fixed. They were very nice, never tried to make us buy anything.
Just don't panic, remain calm and don't get mad at the dealer. They will fix your car, just give them a chance.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
Guelphguy

Just started the car and drove it shortly this morning, temperature guage is working, "D" drive indicator is solid and normal, just the SES light is still on solid and when i turned the car off it shook and sputtered a little almost like it didnt want to turn off......very weird....i swear its something electrical moving around the car.
I feel like it`s something almost ECM related. I would prefer to deliver it myself to the dealer first thing but don't know......another relative nearby is coming to pick us up for today, so i can leave the car alone for today and then I see that the closest dealer is 30 min away in Orlando. I would assume they would only tow me if the car is not drivable?
Old 03-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guelphguy View Post
Just started the car and drove it shortly this morning, temperature guage is working, "D" drive indicator is solid and normal, just the SES light is still on solid and when i turned the car off it shook and sputtered a little almost like it didnt want to turn off......very weird....i swear its something electrical moving around the car.
I feel like it`s something almost ECM related. I would prefer to deliver it myself to the dealer first thing but don't know......another relative nearby is coming to pick us up for today, so i can leave the car alone for today and then I see that the closest dealer is 30 min away in Orlando. I would assume they would only tow me if the car is not drivable?
I would call the 800 number first, and tell them what it is doing, they will let you know if it should be towed in or you can probably drive it. Do you happen to have Onstar? If you do you can also have them do a remote diagnostic and if it is something you shouldn't be driving they can arrange for the tow truck.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
Guelphguy

Update: my car is at starling chevrolet in kissimmee fl since monday at 8:30 am, they so far have said that the battery is draining and that Over the night tuesday the battery drained completely. So today they replaced the battery so they could run diagnostics and the diagnostics points towards the fuel pump regulatotator which is not in stock anywhere and they ordered it in for 4pm tomorrow. After telling me that, the service advisor tells me that the tech feels it is not the problem. The tech feels that the problem is the ECU which makes sense to me as well. Since i had a random number of electrical failues.
so i say are you looking for an ecu as well? He said no, they have to follow the diagnostics. I reminded him that i need to drive back to canada on friday!
He said the ecu is on national back order!
so would it not make sense to try and find one now?!?
i cant be stuck here in florida here for weeks with my family? What the hell.