Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #71
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^I have a pretty good feeling you are going to LOVE this sound system.

Now, about Kicker.....

Sorry, but no thanks... I had their speakers and blew 3 subs from them. I switched to JL. I've only gone through one JL 10" 6 years ago and have had the other JL 12" for about ...7 years?? D@mn....I've had those subs for a long time....

AND THEY STILL THUMP PERFECTLY! I LOVE JL!

But, that's going to be for my subs in the trunk. I want everything else to be BA.
i would have to agree that new kickers are not all that great,but 15 years ago i would have argued with you till i was blue in the face.but these days you wont hear a peep outta me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
Doesnt matter to me what the car comes with. I will be going completely aftermarket. 245 watts is not a lot for 9 speakers. I had 300 watts going to my front speakers in my Colorado.

This was a full JL Audio system, 6.5" component speakers in the doors, and 2 10" woofers behind the seats. 300 watts to the speakers, 1000 watts to the subs.
it also depends on how they are all connected, it could be a series Parallel combination circuit.i can wire up 16 speakers with a single punch 250(old school i know) that will rock your face off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
All the sounds systems look pretty technical to me. Did you forget the natural sound of the exhaust note that will be coming from your Camaro? In case you forgot what it'll sound like...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...aro_172916.htm

That's enough for me.
i know its gonna sound great,but sometimes you just gotta rock out

on that note i will get the upgraded sound system ,and if its not enough, i have enough MB Quart speakers layin around to swap all these out with. plus a couple of old school MTX amps (the ones that were designed by former punch 45/250/500 engineers) and 2 MB Quart 10's (might not put those in because of weight) and an Xtant 600 watt mono amp.should be able to wire all that up with the factory HU .
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #72
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
I only heard one phrase: CLEAN Power!!!

Well-wired, shielded, enclosured, tuned, and "end-user controlled" power will be enough for me.

The BA Premium Audio package SHOULD be a great place to start!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #73
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
it also depends on how they are all connected, it could be a series Parallel combination circuit.i can wire up 16 speakers with a single punch 250(old school i know) that will rock your face off.
True but you are still only pushing 250 watts, and that is split between 16 speakers now instead of 9. More speakers do not equal better sound. In my opinion, for a driver and front passenger, anything over a moderately powered set of 6.5" components up front and 2 moderately powered 12" subs in the trunk is probably a waste unless you are competing for sound quality or are going for a theater experience in your front seat. I admit I even went a little overkill with the JL ZR650CSI speakers in the front powered by a JL 300/2v2. The subs were 10w3v3 powered by a JL 1000/1.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:02 AM   #74
haulass350

Drives: 97 silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
I only count 8... 4 (1 in each door) + 2 tweeters + 1 sub + 1 center speaker???
the camaro doesnt have 4 doors O_o
haulass350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #75
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulass350 View Post
4 door Camaro...I have one thing to say...
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #76
Oracle

Drives: Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
True but you are still only pushing 250 watts, and that is split between 16 speakers now instead of 9. More speakers do not equal better sound. In my opinion, for a driver and front passenger, anything over a moderately powered set of 6.5" components up front and 2 moderately powered 12" subs in the trunk is probably a waste unless you are competing for sound quality or are going for a theater experience in your front seat. I admit I even went a little overkill with the JL ZR650CSI speakers in the front powered by a JL 300/2v2. The subs were 10w3v3 powered by a JL 1000/1.
absolutely, 16 speakers doesnt make the system better, just more uniform (though uniformity in a vehicle cab isnt hard to do, 16 speakers is a little overkill i think) and less likely for you to blow one of them. a 16 speaker system will also actually be quieter than a 2 speaker system too because you burn a couple watts at the speaker to get the cone to overcome friction, and in a speaker system with 16 speakers you would have x8 the loss from that. Now my question is what is up with the few people mentioning "low wattage"? ive been in professional audio for about 6 years (high school/post highschool job) and we use 500 watt (120w tweeters, 380w subs) speakers to play to entire football feilds. one speaker, cranked up, is enough to clearly talk across the field. this setup isnt playing to 10,000 people (granted we use more than one speaker to reach 10k people, more like 6 so the ratio is ~1700 ppl per speaker). its playing to you in your car. 90 watts would be sufficient for the average consumer, 180 is plenty for the average audiophile, and we are getting 245. i, personally, wont be adding any amplifiers. the only part that might need a push is the sub, but im not one to drown out the vocals. just my thoughts on the subject.
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #77
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulass350 View Post
The Boston system has 9 speakers. 1-6.5" mid/woof in each front door, 1 tweeter in the front A-pillars, 1 center speaker on the dash and 2-6x9 woofers in the back deck with 2 midranges also on the back deck coaxial mounted. Thats 9 speakers.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #78
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Here is a link to some information http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...12/096227.html

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #79
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerSS View Post
when you put a system together you have to think of ultimately what you want it to accomplish. take me for example, I listen to differnet kinds of music. from hip hop to rock and alot of differnet kinds in between. So I want my system to be able to play everything without distortion. Then I take the loudness into consideration. How loud do I want it to play. Next I decide how much space and weight I want to take up. If your going extreme you have to upgrade the VLotage system. And finally budget. For some there might be some compromising. For others different priorities. But these are the basics. Now for me id like to listen to the boston system before I make my decision and then after see what I will want to upgrade if anything. The guys at boston are very smart and I hope GM let them test in the car for optimum sound.
AGREED!
Im not too familiar with sounds/electronics, but im thinking of picking up two JL subs and a decent amp to top off my future purchase!
I
cant
wait!

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #80
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
i don't know much about speakers but everyone here seems to think they are a good set. so im happy
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #81
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
im going to wait and hear the boston acoustics before i make any changes

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #82
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Sweet system =]
SdustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #83
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
What do you think the cost of the Boston Acoustic option will be?
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #84
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
$500ish i would guess