Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #85
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Will there be a replacement blue for IBM offered, or will another color be offered on the ZL1 instead?
Crystal Red Tintcoat will be available shortly. There will not be any other additional ZL1 colors available for this model year. (besides the others we've announced)
Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #86
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Thank you for the update fbodfather.
NO problem - delivering news that some would rather not hear is never easy.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #87
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The Camaro Team requested that I post this......

" to update you on Imperial Blue Metallic and the availability issue surrounding that color on the ZL1 and other Camaros --

Because Camaro shares a common body and paint shop with several other vehicle lines at Oshawa, we must abide by decisions that affect more than just Camaro - and thus Imperial Blue Metallic will be discontinued very shortly. Offering it for only a week or so on the ZL1 is not practical as it would require paint re-validation for ZL1-unique components such as bumper fascias. Crystal Red Tintcoat will be available to order shortly.

We will have further information as to order cut-off dates for LS, LT, and SS models in Imperial Blue Metallic very shortly.
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #88
Kscarguy

Drives: 1956 Chevy, 2000 vette, 2010 camaro
Boy, I already traded in my 2010 2SS/RS to the dealer and had a order in for a IBM ZL1...order #QBDDDN. So this is going to be awkward. My dad ordered a 69 Z/28 new in blue. He is retiring this year. His bucket list is to drive the sections of Route 66. I was going to surprize him with the keys to this IBM ZL1 in July..He's been a Mechanic all his life. This really hurts! :(
Kscarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #89
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscarguy View Post
Boy, I already traded in my 2010 2SS/RS to the dealer and had a order in for a IBM ZL1...order #QBDDDN. So this is going to be awkward. My dad ordered a 69 Z/28 new in blue. He is retiring this year. His bucket list is to drive the sections of Route 66. I was going to surprize him with the keys to this IBM ZL1 in July..He's been a Mechanic all his life. This really hurts! :(
Could get a '13. Hopefully a blue will be available then for you. Why did you already give your dealer your car. Did he buy it from you, or are you trading it in?
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #90
Kscarguy

Drives: 1956 Chevy, 2000 vette, 2010 camaro
To me its one and the same. I didn't want two camaro's and I also didn't want the tire kickers. They gave me a great price. I gave them the car. I have ordered five new cars/trucks/SUV's from GM and this is a first. It's just sad. But I understand. I worked in Production Control for a large manufacturing company. It's about $$. If there would have been say 15% of the ZL1 orders for IBM the color would most likely not have been dropped. But at some point the business exists to make money and they shouldn't have to apologize for that. What it tells us is that even spread throughout the various models not many orders were for IBM..So it got cut..Simple as that. I guess I'll wait for the call from my dealer and we'll figure out what's going to happen next. I was just so looking forward to a Little Chevy Runs Deep in July at my dad's retirement. I wanted to give him the keys to a IBM ZL1 and a camera so he could send pictures from Route 66.
Kscarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #91
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
I feel sorry for the folks not getting the color you counted on.

I imagine it's like losing the Super Bowl. You're still a winner if you can get a ZL1 in any color. IMHO
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #92
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscarguy View Post
To me its one and the same. I didn't want two camaro's and I also didn't want the tire kickers. They gave me a great price. I gave them the car. I have ordered five new cars/trucks/SUV's from GM and this is a first. It's just sad. But I understand. I worked in Production Control for a large manufacturing company. It's about $$. If there would have been say 15% of the ZL1 orders for IBM the color would most likely not have been dropped. But at some point the business exists to make money and they shouldn't have to apologize for that. What it tells us is that even spread throughout the various models not many orders were for IBM..So it got cut..Simple as that. I guess I'll wait for the call from my dealer and we'll figure out what's going to happen next. I was just so looking forward to a Little Chevy Runs Deep in July at my dad's retirement. I wanted to give him the keys to a IBM ZL1 and a camera so he could send pictures from Route 66.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure your dad would have loved that. At least you are understanding about it.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.

Last edited by Rice Killer; 12-13-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #93
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Yep F%&d offers 9 colors and yet were 1 behind again. I am so Blue I was so excited about this car. I was finally at a point in my life were as an adult I can finally afford a dream car. As a child I always lusted after the Camaro.
Attached Images

bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #94
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
Yep F%&d offers 9 colors and yet were 1 behind again. I am so Blue I was so excited about this car. I was finally at a point in my life were as an adult I can finally afford a dream car. As a child I always lusted after the Camaro.
2012 is going to be a very short run.... Maybe there will be a new blue on the 2013's!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #95
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The Camaro Team requested that I post this......

" to update you on Imperial Blue Metallic and the availability issue surrounding that color on the ZL1 and other Camaros --

Because Camaro shares a common body and paint shop with several other vehicle lines at Oshawa, we must abide by decisions that affect more than just Camaro - and thus Imperial Blue Metallic will be discontinued very shortly. Offering it for only a week or so on the ZL1 is not practical as it would require paint re-validation for ZL1-unique components such as bumper fascias. Crystal Red Tintcoat will be available to order shortly.

We will have further information as to order cut-off dates for LS, LT, and SS models in Imperial Blue Metallic very shortly.
Thank you Scott, and The Team, for clarification on the IBM issue.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #96
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Regarding multiple dealer orders, I started with 3 and am now down to 2 for which I have been informed my price will not be above MSRP. I will buy two cars at or below MSRP and resell one of them with no markup to a fellow Camaro enthusiast if I can pull this off. If one of the dealers jerks me around, I still have another option - hopefully. I still refuse to pay above MSRP for a Camaro, although I'm still excited about the car, I'm willing to wait for principle. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it, no matter how good of reviews you give the ZL1 on this site!!
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #97
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
Is ashen gray available?
toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #98
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
Is ashen gray available?
You can currently order it in the system unlike CRT. I don't think there will be any issues with it, especially by the time the ZL1 goes into production.