Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #43
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
I have both and the Zaino towels are waay softer
The Zaino towels are amazingly soft. I wish they had some bigger ones for drying. Nexus what exactly are you using to dry the car with? I currently have 2 coats Z5 and 1 coat Z2. Does this protect at all from swirling if I am very careful and only use high quaility products, Lambswool Mitts, Cotton Towels, only back and forth on horizontal and up down on vertical.

Thanks

Last edited by redjewel; 06-01-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
redjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #44
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post
I think that is FAR too broad. Which brands? What was the sample size? What was the error rate?

I have been using them for years now and have never had a problem.
They're speaking from their own experience -- not from a statistical analysis I'd assume.

Also, what isn't a problem for you may very well be a problem for someone else and vice versa. You may not have as delicate an eye for the super fine detail that others do -- or you simply might not mind it. "Fine" is not a definable term and as such cannot be used for a real comparison. If you're happy with the MF towels you have, GREAT! I'm sure there ARE products out there that work well -- some might work well for the toughest of critics and some might just work well enough for you or someone else to not care/notice. It's all very subjective but all I know is that for the time being I'm personally going to stick with the known quantity that is guaranteed to work rather than rely on something that may or may not meet my satisfaction criteria.
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #45
gofast908z

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkikuchi View Post
They're speaking from their own experience -- not from a statistical analysis I'd assume.

Also, what isn't a problem for you may very well be a problem for someone else and vice versa. You may not have as delicate an eye for the super fine detail that others do -- or you simply might not mind it. "Fine" is not a definable term and as such cannot be used for a real comparison. If you're happy with the MF towels you have, GREAT! I'm sure there ARE products out there that work well -- some might work well for the toughest of critics and some might just work well enough for you or someone else to not care/notice. It's all very subjective but all I know is that for the time being I'm personally going to stick with the known quantity that is guaranteed to work rather than rely on something that may or may not meet my satisfaction criteria.
Fine was obviously a poor choice on my part. My business is detailing and have a very high standard. Without getting into it with you... you saying I may not have an eye for the super fine detail, is a little off-putting as it is my job and why I have been successful at it. You had no way of knowing this though. You couldn't be further from the truth in your assumptions about me.
gofast908z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #46
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post
Fine was obviously a poor choice on my part. My business is detailing and have a very high standard. Without getting into it with you... you saying I may not have an eye for the super fine detail, is a little off-putting as it is my job and why I have been successful at it. You had no way of knowing this though. You couldn't be further from the truth in your assumptions about me.
Didn't mean to insult - I say "may not" for that very reason - no idea for sure! If you're making a living detailing I'm sure your judgment is good. If that's the case then you've likely found a good product which is certainly far from impossible. Most of us who just do our own thing on our own cars don't have the luxury of being able to try a multitude of products to find what does work and what doesn't unfortunately. All we have to rely on are what the experts are able to convey to us. To me cotton makes sense - it's soft enough to not cause problems to the finish and doesn't trap dirt. I've seen reports of people having used some microfiber (and non-US cotton towels) that have perhaps not caused major damage, but certainly not given the desired results. It's for that reason alone that I choose to go with the known quantity that will give the results I want every time. If you'd care to share some information about the MF product(s) you use that work so well, please do! Always good to find potentially viable alternatives!

Again, sorry if you were insulted by my previous post -- wasn't saying you didn't have an eye for the details -- was just saying that as a random person on an internet forum there's no way to say that you did for sure!
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #47
gofast908z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkikuchi View Post
Didn't mean to insult - I say "may not" for that very reason - no idea for sure! If you're making a living detailing I'm sure your judgment is good. If that's the case then you've likely found a good product which is certainly far from impossible. Most of us who just do our own thing on our own cars don't have the luxury of being able to try a multitude of products to find what does work and what doesn't unfortunately. All we have to rely on are what the experts are able to convey to us. To me cotton makes sense - it's soft enough to not cause problems to the finish and doesn't trap dirt. I've seen reports of people having used some microfiber (and non-US cotton towels) that have perhaps not caused major damage, but certainly not given the desired results. It's for that reason alone that I choose to go with the known quantity that will give the results I want every time. If you'd care to share some information about the MF product(s) you use that work so well, please do! Always good to find potentially viable alternatives!

Again, sorry if you were insulted by my previous post -- wasn't saying you didn't have an eye for the details -- was just saying that as a random person on an internet forum there's no way to say that you did for sure!

No hard feelings

There are two brands of MF towels I like. I have yet to have any problems with either and have been using them for quite some time. Cobra MF towels and Uber MF towels. Even on soft single stage black exotic cars, never had a single one mar the paint in any way. They aren't the cheapest by far, but the quality is superb. I'm looking forward to trying the new Zaino MF towel too.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #48
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
^^^^ The Zaino towel is microfiber????
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #49
gofast908z

They are developing a MF towel. I believe its beta testing in Europe at the moment.