Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
DonnellyJT

Drives: 2011 1SS
Does the ZL1 have the same 4 Cat Exhaust as the SS?

If so, LT headers & HFCs would add a significant amount of power. But thinking most buyers would keep them stock in support of the balance the factory has achieved?
DonnellyJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
1st Gen Forever
ZL1 #140

Drives: Camaros: 68 SS, 10 2SS/RS, 12 ZL1
This brings up a point I've been wondering about. What effects would increasing power output have on all of the handling and traction managment systems. Will they be able to compensate or would boosting much above the 580 stock HP throw all the other calibrations off?
1st Gen Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnellyJT View Post
If so, LT headers & HFCs would add a significant amount of power. But thinking most buyers would keep them stock in support of the balance the factory has achieved?
Not sure, I would assume yes but you never know. Might want to look into what the ZR1 and CTS-V use, it will probably be similar to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Gen Forever View Post
This brings up a point I've been wondering about. What effects would increasing power output have on all of the handling and traction managment systems. Will they be able to compensate or would boosting much above the 580 stock HP throw all the other calibrations off?
The computer(s) should be able to compensate. Its a smart system largely based on detecting wheelspin (instead of predicting wheelspin). The only thing that I can think of that might throw a wrench into things is lowering the ride height, which may or may not mess with the MR shocks.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
It will most likely have it because of the emission rules.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote