Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #15
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Your car looks great!! Love the transformation. Nicely done...

Nice work on the quads.....

Kurt ABL99...
I'm still not happy with them unfortunately, I want 4" outlets. They are 3.5"

Bump, added pictures of the new strutbar purchased from NoExcuses!
can't wait to paint it

and tomorrow i'll be changing the hood and grille, maybe doing some interior piping. stay tuned
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #16
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Added pictures of the new grille and new hood!
sad to say i feel like i might actually have liked the way the car looked before changing the grille with the new hood installed. need to do something about the heritage grille to make it look better. i might plastidip it black, get it hydrodipped CF, or paint it black.... suggestions?

Old 08-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #17
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Forgot to update this, but finally updated with pictures of my new showstopper sidemarkers. Also, I will be getting my technostalgia taillights 8/4/14 hopefully installing them within the week although I may wait and order some black tail light bezels from phastek and install everything at once.
I've also gotten a custom emblem from emblempros.com and a piece to cover and replace the bowtie and section of the trunklid that I am waiting to install until my spoiler arrives

Hopefully once that's all done I'll be overall satisfied with how she looks and then I can stop wasting so much money for a while!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #18
Ayuir
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2014 BRM 2SS/RS
I actually liked the look of the off-grey Heritage grill; sets it off a little from the standard body-color black. Maybe hyrdodip it in a carbon fiber pattern like the hood as you mentioned. It'll still retain a greyish color like the original but match and tie in to the hood. Nice work.
Ayuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:18 AM   #19
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayuir View Post
I actually liked the look of the off-grey Heritage grill; sets it off a little from the standard body-color black. Maybe hyrdodip it in a carbon fiber pattern like the hood as you mentioned. It'll still retain a greyish color like the original but match and tie in to the hood. Nice work.
Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing once I have more CF on the car. For now it's just the hood. Of course I have to find a good place to do it first, and I probably won't do it until I have the ZL1 bumper and rockers so I can do all the hydrodipping at once
Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Just installed my technostalgia lights today! Attached here and also posted above in the second post.

Just a couple weeks ago I got a fix-it ticket for not having the front plate on my way to Vegas... so I got a shoe string and a small piece of double sided tape to temporarily install it. Hopefully I don't get hassled about it anymore...
Here's a pic of the plate, not obvious at all that it is not drilled in. Also you can see my scooby in the windshield

felt like taking a few pictures after I was done with the tail lights so...

Attached Images

Old 09-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #21
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Was unhappy with the stock sound system even with my added subs, so today I added JL tweeters. Install is pretty simple, just had to trim down the JL badges on the speakers because they made it impossible to fit flush compared to stock design, but after that everything fit perfectly with some crazy glue to hold it all together.
Should have taken pics of the install since the system looks the same but I think I may be adding more speakers to the door later and will add pics then... maybe some custom JL emblems on the tweeters since it is hidden.

Also I noticed a few weeks back that the inside of the passenger headlight has some strange markings, and I've always known that my light shows a bit wavy at the top for the driver's side. I tried simply getting a bulb under warranty and before I knew it I had received a response that two brand new headlights were being shipped out for free with return shipping labels for the old ones. I'll be doing this install in a week or so, along with adjusting the hood latch to make the ZL1 CF hood more flush.

At the same time, I also have to remove my technostalgia tail lights and send in two of them for warranty repairs... one for a dim LED in the afterburner and one for getting condensation during rain. They were extremely cool about warranty, free of charge and no questions asked. Hopefully all goes well, it's said they have a quick return time...

Shame though, since I finally got around to installing a switch for the show mode.

Also purchased some CF wrap for the emergency hood release cable, that ugly off-yellow has been driving me crazy.

Contacted Anvil about my spoiler and HOPEFULLY it will be a month or two more and that's it until it arrives... turns out they had to switch companies yet again, because the new business making their spoilers took forever and turned out to have only finished one and it was made incorrectly. (This is what I was told, for those of you waiting)
Should be well worth the wait. If I didn't already have a stock spoiler I would have resorted to something else...

to be updated.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #22
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Very cool build tread.

One of these days I'll have to take a trip from Yucaipa to the high desert so I can have a look at this awesome car in person!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:15 AM   #23
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
By quick glance, no one would ever know it's an LS. That's what's cool about the LS models, you are free to mod the heck out of the car lol. Looks awesome!
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 PM   #24
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Where'd you get those fog lights?
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:35 AM   #25
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Haven't updated this thing in a while, gotta clean it up.
Leaving these here for now

http://n4sm.com/blog/chevy-camaro-ro...n-gloss-black/
Old 05-24-2015, 01:20 AM   #26
Hollywood323

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
Whats size are those tips 4 inches?
Hollywood323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:04 AM   #27
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Holy crud! I was going to do something similar. Man I would've had good taste. Lol

Looks great bro.