Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #85
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
Where's the "Like" button. Lol

Very grateful to have met you, virtually, here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks brotha!!

There are TWO like buttons...

One for Work

Another for Personal.

Thanks for the kind words....another raeson why we're almost ALWAYS on Camaro5.com instead of anyplace else!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #86
2qwik2katch

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I became a member to learn more about the Camaro before buying it. I remain a member still learning everyday more and more about it. Also, the ideas here and advice is endless. I am 26 years old.
2qwik2katch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #87
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
I've been on several forums for cars. This is the best one I've found so far.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #88
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
I came here and stay here for all the great info and to see and here about everyone's cars and so every could see mine and tell me how cool it is here it is if you feel the need to tell me how cool it is. I am 43

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...8&goto=newpost
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #89
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
Why are you personally a part of C5?

I first learned about the site when the official Camaro Facebook posted the Camaro5 Fest video. I browsed once and a while, but didn't join until I bought my Camaro in July. I joined because I have loved Camaros for most of my life, and I was so excited to finally be part of the club. I thought the Camaro5 Fest video was amazing, and I'm hoping that I can attend next year.

Why do you continue to be an active member?

In such a short time, I have really become attached to the humor and endless knowledge that the community provides. I will sometimes spend over and hour of my evening browsing and learning. I love looking at the photos, reading people's stories, and seeing everyone's mods! tt warms my heart to know there are people in the world who are as in love with their car as I am.

I am also facsinated by the community thanks to the fact I work in web design/development/social media. I think there are some awesome things happening here that wouldn't have when I was much younger!

What is the most important part of the website for you?

I love the forums as a whole. If I have a question about my car, I can usually find a topic that is related.

And finally, HOW OLD ARE YOU!?

P.S. I also would be interested in reading the final paper!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #90
thebradinator

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
dude brad. go back to the 405th.
Bro!! Howd you know im a member?!?! JKJK yeah my avatar gave it away haha! Are you a member?

Thank you guys so much!!! 90 reply's was waaaay more then i expected to get! Yall are the best!!! Keep em coming if you wanna. The more info i have, the more accurate my arguments will be!

Again thanks for being so reliable forum!!!

thebradinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #91
Bradley
Gray Eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM, 1994 Camaro

the car brings us all together.

To learn more about the car

the knowledge that so many peolpe share, like in the DIY threads

Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #92
doubletap407

Drives: 2011 ls v6 blacked out
I came here to learn about my new Camaro and talk with others who liked or loved the same car! I thought it might also be used to vent about things I didnt like and thought that maybe some of those things would get changed. However I soon learned it's ok to talk about your Camaro as long as you don't point out anything that you beleive is wrong with it ! So now I am just here to try and keep an eye out for important things that come along about the Camaro .
doubletap407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #93
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebradinator View Post
Bro!! Howd you know im a member?!?! JKJK yeah my avatar gave it away haha! Are you a member?

Thank you guys so much!!! 90 reply's was waaaay more then i expected to get! Yall are the best!!! Keep em coming if you wanna. The more info i have, the more accurate my arguments will be!

Yeah ive been a member for a long time lol. Same user name. Havent done any halo stuff in while though, not since halo 3. But i still lurk over there from time to time lol.

Last edited by soloknight6; 10-05-2012 at 12:45 AM.
soloknight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #94
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I stumbled across the site over 4 years ago after finding out the car was going to production. C5 has been a wealth of information since then. I have been able to meet some great people over the last 4 years. I have been able to learn from some and teach others as well as being able to gather infromation to pass on to GM.

It has been like being in an exclusive club where all are welcome. It has been a unique experience to learn about the car while it was in development and follow that through being able to order the model I wanted on October 13, 2008, then wait over 8 months for mine to be built and delivered. It was so interesting to be part of the process and learn so much from that process and still be learning today.

Being an interactive site with so many threads and a search function make it so easy to find an answer to most questions one might have. If the answer is not here, all one needs to do is start a thread and ask their question, they will get a variety of answers from a variety of people.

This is far away from the days of only getting information from publications a month apart or from a track event.

What it all boils down to though is what many other members have stated. "It's the car". Without the car C5 wouldn't be here and neither would we.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #95
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Oh shit this isnt the Hot Hunday site????
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #96
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
My salesman told me about this forum when I bought my car. Lurked for a month and then jumped in with both feet. I guess I thought I could contribute a little. Never got into facebook as it didn't seem like my cup of tea hearing about everyones drama. Atleast here it's Camaro drama! Will stay here for ever I think as it is a great information center,comedy center,and friend making center. Age 49, good luck with the paper!!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #97
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
But, for real, I saw the 5th Gen Camaro and immediately Googled it back in 2007 and found this place.

Eventually signed up and this was hang out central while waiting for production. In the meantime I met a number of members and knew them personally. Have made a lot of friends on here the whole time.

This is the only forum I've ever signed up on. We made this forum personal in many ways. From what I here it's quite different than most forums. I'm actually pretty proud of that.

I think this place gets addictive because the 5th Gen Camaro really is different. The layoff from 2002 to 2010 made it one of the most anticipated car ever, and that excitement plus having a place to come talk about it was the perfect storm to bring a bunch of super enthusiasts together to hang out.

I am a member of Camaro5 because there are a lot of people here who share my Camaro love and it's nice to have a bunch of friends who are 'In the same boat' lol...........

To answer the question that might be more helpful to your project........

I am 42 years old. Sit at a desk in a business that I own. I have to be here and most of the time I'm in front of the computer with free 'keyboard time'.

When we started our business we lost most of our friends. Not lost, but grew away from. The business took so much of our time and our schedules just conflicted with what we were used to. After telling people no when invited to a party or and event or just out on the town after a while they stop asking. We are all still friends but just never get together.

Here on C5 I started realizing that I'm spending more time with these knuckleheads than I did with our friends before the business.

So the common interest brought us all together so to speak.

Plus, I would have NEVER modded my car without this forum. Not to the point it is anyway. Lots of help and resources to pull from. DIY vids and write ups and advice. You realize really quickly that these are real people who have real ideas and commonalities. You get help, you give help.

Hope this helps.
Good job Randy. I wasn't buying that pay per post thing. You weren't supposed to tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebradinator View Post

I think you will get far more than 90. This is the kind of thread that let's everyone share their thoughts about the forum, the car and each other and the friendships that have came from all of it. This should be a long lived thread. You will get more info than you imagined. People love to talk about their car and expecially this car. This car brings out the passion in people that most other cars can't. For they are just cars. 5th Gen Camaro is different. It is an awesome car in so many ways and the cars have so many awesome owners.

BTW, you realize you will have to publish your paper on here unless it's too long, in which case you will have to post a link to it. Many of us will be looking forward to reading it. I know I am.

Something you need to know that I haven't seen mentioned. Look up "fbodfather" on this site or Google Scott Settlemire. He is a member and long time GM employee that many of us have become friends with and his passion has been a huge influence on the car and this forum and the members. Read up and you won't be able to keep him out of your paper. He carried the spark for the Camaro for years when it was out of production. Many believe if not for Scott the Camaro would not be reality. Not to mention being one of GMs most influential employees of all time.

I look forward to reading your paper and welcome to the site. Soemone will be by to offer you a cold beer shortly.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #98
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
I was looking for where to buy parts for my 2010 and when I Googled 2010 Camaro...this site was on top. I got hooked!

Because I like to see what others are up to, get ideas for my cars and continue to make/keep up with friends worldwide!

merchandise for sale

43 but don't feel a day over 80 today!
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
why are you a member?