Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd45thAnniversaryV6 View Post
.....and this apparently poor, misguided soul pulls up next to me in a 2002-ish VW Passat and starts revving the crap out of his engine trying to get me to race. :sm0 My wife is like..."Light him up!" Of course we were like 60 yards from the police station so there was no way I was going to bite. But still,Dude, it's a freakin Passat. I used to have one. They aren't that quick. So sad.
Probably an off duty cop that just got off work trying to get you to bite on a ticket!!!

I see this alot as well. Seems like everyone does their best to beat you off a light no matter what they are driving. Kind of amusing at first but gets old after a while. Its like, just drive your POS car and let me enjoy my AWSOME car!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #16
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaux96 View Post
I don't have a problem with this. If he would have done that to me I would have chuckled and let him go, or accelerated a little faster than usual. I see this as someone that is admiring your car and is joking with you. I mean do you really think he is over there in his passat with his racing gloves on and he's gonna try to smoke you or something?

Take it as a compliment, it's no reason for a facepalm. I'd bet that the guy liked your car and wanted to hear the engine rev or thought maybe you would do something neat with it.
In my experience, a few are as you discribe but most are just idiots!!! I think most know that if a cop has a choice to nail a camaro or a passat in a street race, it ain't gonna be the passat getting pulled over, thats why they bait us all the time. The key is to just smile and know its not worth your time or money.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer St. James View Post
Funny how carrying a manstopper changes your frame of mind.
What, you say carrying a handgun makes you more responsible...... Imagine that, it does not turn you into a raving criminal. Thats something the libs would have a hard time believing but something us conservative types have known all along. I salute you for carrying and being responsible!!

My livelihood is the firearm industry so that gives you some perspective where I am coming from.

More to come!!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #18

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
You never know what someone has under the hood.

Don't be surprised one day when you lose to a Civic lol.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
Todd45thAnniversaryV6

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
That your wife wanted you to "light him up" is hilarious. Never thought I would hear that from a woman(who wasn't driving).
Yeah, she is pretty funny that way. She was like...."is that a Passat?? Oh hell no! Light him up!" I was just laughing the whole time.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
[QUOTE=Fiftydriver;5101701]What, you say carrying a handgun makes you more responsible...... Imagine that, it does not turn you into a raving criminal. Thats something the libs would have a hard time believing but something us conservative types have known all along. I salute you for carrying and being responsible!!

1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
I don't think that its because he wants to race you, its just that he wants to see that sweet Camaro get down on it! I think that most of you miss interpret this and are miss guided when a crapper pulls up to you and gives the good old rev.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd45thAnniversaryV6 View Post
.....and this apparently poor, misguided soul pulls up next to me in a 2002-ish VW Passat and starts revving the crap out of his engine trying to get me to race. :sm0 My wife is like..."Light him up!" Of course we were like 60 yards from the police station so there was no way I was going to bite. But still,Dude, it's a freakin Passat. I used to have one. They aren't that quick. So sad.
What your wife should have done, and my wife has done this very same thing, is to have her roll done the window done, start pointinjg at him and his car and laughing VERY HARD......
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #23
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I've seen garbage cans like this with 20 grand sitting under the hood. I'm amazed at what people do with money but apparently having a car that looks like this that can beat super exotics (in a straight line) is worth it to some.
Attached Images

TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
You never know what someone has under the hood.

Don't be surprised one day when you lose to a Civic lol.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
That's the problem with these cars is everyone tries to race you.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't had anyone try anything since I've owned this car. Ever.

Though that's probably a good thing bc mine is officially a Slowmaro.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #26
Parabolica
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't had anyone try anything since I've owned this car. Ever.
I have the same experience. Occasionally someone darts off the light, but I'd say the vast majority of people wait for me to leave the light first, or make no effort at all to try and beat me off the light...
Parabolica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
That's the problem with these cars is everyone tries to race you.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
Macater

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS Sunroof, Con Pkg
Maybe he wanted to enjoy the way your tail lights look in the dark. They do look pretty cool when lit up.
Macater is offline   Reply With Quote