Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
EDISKRAD EHT

Drives: Blown Goat
Goodbye GTO, Hello Camaro.

Well I put my GTO for sale and was going to order a Camaro when it sold. So last week I asked the dealer if they would consider a trade. They wanted to see the car, but I told them it doesn't even leave the garage if there's a single grey cloud in the sky during the summer, so it isn't going to leave the garage in the dead of a snowy winter. So they asked me to email them pictures, and include all details of the car.

In my email I told them that if they give me what I'm asking for my GTO selling it privately, that I'll order the Camaro right away.

This was their reply, "When would you be able to come in and we could work out the build on your new Camaro".

I'd have to say I'm pretty F'n excited.:happyani m:

I go in tomorrow at 3pm to sign the paperwork and submit the order for the car.

But, now i have to hurry and decide between the Reverse Mohawk or a sunroof. Originally I wanted the sunroof, but the lines of the Reverse Mohawk just suit the car so perfectly that the ones with sunroofs just seem so bland now.
EDISKRAD EHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Congrats ... I like the lines of the Reverse Mohawk as well ...

Crowley
Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Thats pretty good they are doing it that way! My dealer wouldnt take my Solstice on trade because it was too late in the season to have a convertible on the lot through winter and carry it...kinda like having ME carry the cost of a camaro I wouldn't be able to drive for 4 months sitting in my garage *tick tick tick* goes the warranty! *chaching* goes the car payment.

Glad they seem so reasonable and best of luck!
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
MagsSS

Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
reverse mohawk rules!
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Congrats man! Screw the sunroof. Use that extra $$ on an exhaust!
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
EDISKRAD EHT

Thanks guys. I can't even eat my lunch I'm so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
Thats pretty good they are doing it that way! My dealer wouldnt take my Solstice on trade because it was too late in the season to have a convertible on the lot through winter and carry it...kinda like having ME carry the cost of a camaro I wouldn't be able to drive for 4 months sitting in my garage *tick tick tick* goes the warranty! *chaching* goes the car payment.

Glad they seem so reasonable and best of luck!
They actually don't even want my GTO until my Camaro arrives. They want me to just leave it my garage until then.

I'm pretty sure they know it wont sell in the winter, but know it will in the spring. This dealer moves a lot of Corvettes and is even one of the Callaway Dealers. In the summer they always have a bunch of very nice Vette's and such parked on the one corner by a busy intersection. I'm sure they'll just put the Goat there with the hood popped come spring and have zero problem selling it. The GTO is extremely rare up here as they were never sold in Canada, and not even legal for import until July of 2008. So a 500RWHP one will attract a few people into their dealership I'm sure.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
You should post some pics of your GTO.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Just get everything in writing (signed by everyone) on what they will give you on the GTO.

Your dealer may be different but more than a few people on here had their dealer offer something like this to them and tried to screw them over when they brought their trade-in to the dealership to finish up the paperwork once the Camaro arrived. At that point, the dealer has you stuck in a position you don't want to be in. Your new Camaro is sitting right there but they are about to make a couple thousand more off of you buy devaluing your trade-in from the price that was negotiated when the Camaro order was placed.

Just be careful...(and figure out how to keep the GTO - that's going to be an underappreciated collector car down the road).
Old 01-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Just get everything in writing (signed by everyone) on what they will give you on the GTO.

Your dealer may be different but more than a few people on here had their dealer offer something like this to them and tried to screw them over when they brought their trade-in to the dealership to finish up the paperwork once the Camaro arrived. At that point, the dealer has you stuck in a position you don't want to be in. Your new Camaro is sitting right there but they are about to make a couple thousand more off of you buy devaluing your trade-in from the price that was negotiated when the Camaro order was placed.

Just be careful...(and figure out how to keep the GTO - that's going to be an underappreciated collector car down the road).
x1 and also go down to the dealership and get in writing how much they want for your trade-in that way they can't change the price on it. That's what im going to do.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
EDISKRAD EHT

Don't worry guys. I wasn't born yesterday. I'll definitely be getting something in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
You should post some pics of your GTO.
Here ya go.

Modifications

Engine
-Magnuson M112 Roots Style Supercharger
-2.7 Pulleyboys Pulley
-Comp Cam (222/225 .575/.575 112LSA)
-Lingenfelter Cold Air Intake
-Kooks 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers
-Stolen Fox H-Pipe
-Magnaflow Catback
-Lingenfelter Fuel Pump
-Nick Williams Tuned
-SCSS Motor Mounts
-AMW Catch Can

Drivetrain/Suspension
-GMM Ripshifter (Race)
-Level 3.5 Monster Clutch
-Classic Tube SS Braided Clutch Line w/ Remote Bleeder
-SCSS Transmission Mount
-Koni adjustable Struts
-Pedders 1" drop springs front and rear.
-Hotchkiss Sways Bars
-Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks
-Pedders Sway Bar Bushings
-Pedders Strut Bushings
-Noltec Radius Rod Bushings
-Harrop Diff Cover w/ Poly bushings
-Noltec X-Member Bushings
-Stop Tech SS Brake Lines

Interior
-Banshee Gauge Pod w/ Boost & Fuel Pressure Gauges
-Custom Build Badges

Exterior
-Billet Alum Black+Polished Pontiac Arrowheads
-Carbon Fiber SAP Grills
-Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler
-Nightshaded Fogs & Side Markers
-Chrome GTO lettering in rear insert
-35% Tint All Around

Wheels And Tires
-19x8.5 + 19x10 ROH Drift R's w/ 245/35/19 + 275/30/19 Toyo Proxes T1R
*Comes with a set (4) of stock GTO wheels

Car dyno'd 500RWHP/474RWTQ when tuned

Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
jparnapy

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
Congrats man! Screw the sunroof. Use that extra $$ on an exhaust!
that's my 2 cents!!!
jparnapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
EDISKRAD EHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
(and figure out how to keep the GTO - that's going to be an underappreciated collector car down the road).

As much as I'd like to, getting rid of the GTO will help my stay with no car payments. I owe nothing on the GTO and with the mod money I was going to put into the GTO the Camaro will be fully paid for as well. No car payments is very nice and i want it to stay that way.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #13
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Congrats ... I like the lines of the Reverse Mohawk as well ...

Crowley
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
I know getting rid of the GTO has got to be hard, but as you said and indicated in your post, the lines of the new Camaro are just outstanding. Im the same way, Thought about the sunroof option but as soon as I saw the reverse mohawk roof, and the hips(LOL) I was hooked! You will love this car as much or more than the GTO. Good Luck!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote