Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
ChevyCam13

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1SS LS3
Got my lights installed didn't add the fuse because I Did not know where it went I know one side goes to the fuse box but the other end idk where it goes. For now when you switch the knob to parking lights the halos turn on then when you turn the knob to the headlight s and both light and halos turn on.
ChevyCam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCam13 View Post
Got my lights installed didn't add the fuse because I Did not know where it went I know one side goes to the fuse box but the other end idk where it goes. For now when you switch the knob to parking lights the halos turn on then when you turn the knob to the headlight s and both light and halos turn on.
Ahh...I understand...how was the install and how long did it take?
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #17
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwarren View Post

Thanks for this DIY!!...I used it to install my RS Headlights from Ofer last night...This picture above was the hardest part about taking the bumper off...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
jdwarren

Drives: 2013 chevrolet camaro rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Thanks for this DIY!!...I used it to install my RS Headlights from Ofer last night...This picture above was the hardest part about taking the bumper off...

Yes sonny, that part was my hardest/worst part.. big pain in the but! But im glad you got it all installed.. mind posting some pics? I like to see people finished job and congratulate them on there hard work!
jdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwarren View Post
Yes sonny, that part was my hardest/worst part.. big pain in the but! But im glad you got it all installed.. mind posting some pics? I like to see people finished job and congratulate them on there hard work!
Here you go man!!... Pics were taken with a cell and could have been better...Your diy was very helpful!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268650
Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #20
Cb34suns

Drives: 2013 SIM Camaro SS
Looks great! Ordered Halo lights with Ofer... can't wait to install mine. Your pics and instruction will be greatly appreciated. Great job and thanks for sharing!
Cb34suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
jdwarren

Drives: 2013 chevrolet camaro rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Here you go man!!... Pics were taken with a cell and could have been better...Your diy was very helpful!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268650
Thats awesome sonny. It looks fantastic!! Especially with the matching fogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb34suns View Post
Looks great! Ordered Halo lights with Ofer... can't wait to install mine. Your pics and instruction will be greatly appreciated. Great job and thanks for sharing!
Good luck on it.. Post some pixs up when you get it done. And let me know if have any questions!
jdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
camaron619

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ls, imperial blue
cant wait to do it

thanks alot for the guide

Camaron
camaron619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #23
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I'll be doing this soon, great job on the DIY!!
Rafael205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
FightingScallion

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT "Kaylee"
I used this to do my own swap-out yesterday. Just wanted to throw in a few extra thoughts for people. None are necessary; just notes I made while doing this.

Additional Tools:
Flashlight (for seeing in the wheel well)
Needle-nose Pliers
Scissors/Knife (for cutting zip ties)
Zip Ties

Step 3: Those bolts are 10mm.

Step 6: The first bolt is a 10mm.

Step 10: These bolts are 7mm. For the inside bottom bolt, you'll definitely want an extension.

This is pretty obvious (if you aren't me): Do steps 5 through 7 for one side, then turn your wheel and do 5 through 7 on the other side. Otherwise, you'll do what I did and have to turn the wheel every step. Yeah, I didn't think that through.

Steps 6 and 7: You are pulling the plastic of the wheel well back to do this. The pictures will make a lot more sense when you start looking in there.

Installing new headlights: I used needle-nose pliers to get the bottom inner bolt for the lights (the one you need the extension for). There's a gap between the tube and the actual bolt hole which is almost large enough to get the bolt in. If you turn the bolt a little bit, you can actually work it into the hole so that you can set the socket driver on there pretty easily.

I don't know about you guys, but I used a couple of additional zip ties to fix the wire harness that runs to the driver-side headlight.

Thanks for the DIY Guide. Without it, I'm not sure I'd have been brave enough to give this one a go. Took me about 3.5 hours to do (with no assistance). If I were going to do it again, I expect it would take me 2 hours or less (I spent a lot of time in those wheel wells trying to find things, taking pictures, and the like).
FightingScallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
bump
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
2SSRS, since you bumped and have done extensive R&D on this, can this tut apply to an 2SS? I still haven't pulled the trigger on on this, but I really want the Hallos on my car. It's clear I won't be able to do anything with out taking off the bumper, but I want to do my research before I tear open the front of the car.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #27
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
So how do I know which harness I need? On the GEN5DIY website, there are 2 options, ones $90, and ones $170. I am doing OEM RS lights. During the day, I want no lights on at all. I would like the halos to come on when the parking lights are on, and would like control over the the foglights with the HIDs on. Which harness do I need? Ready to buy ASAP, need by next week. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
LS3,
If you want no lights on during the day, I believe you will wanna go with the $170 harness. Here is a great thread to better answer your question.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172655
It even has a video of how the $170 harness works.
Rafael205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper, headlight, non-rs, removal, rs conversion drl halo