Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Inferno Orange vs. Black LS for those of you with orange cars

Im getting an LS. I will be going sometime early Nov to place my order (if they dont have one I want in stock.) Question goes to those who have the orange car. Are you happy with your choice? I will be tinting my car either way. I think the car would look sick blacked out however I also think an orange car would look pretty good. I'm just curious about how all of you who own an orange Camaro feel about them. Are you all happy with your purchases? If possible post up some pics.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
my z was lemans sunset .. a pretty stand out copper orange type of color. you will stand out like a sore thumb. if you do something stupid, you will be seen.

it was a deterrent enough for me to get a more 'plain' color this time around. could not get away with anything.. : )

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
bigwayne3000

I'm not really worried about that. I'm in the military and just flash my ID card when I get pulled over for speeding or something and as long as I didnt do something ridiculously stupid and the cop wasnt an a hole I usually get off. Im not worried about being a target. Only reason Im leaning towards orange is its my fav color and 2nd you never see an orange car for the most part where as you always see black tinted out sports cars etc. I dont know its something I need to really think about. This dealer near me has a black LS and orange SS in stock so I will prolly swing by and check out how the orange looks in person.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
dragon2368
Dragon2368

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
No regrets what so ever. I tinted the windows and added a black pinstripe with a small bow tie symbol on the door. Awesome color!
dragon2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
it is def the best stand out color...I love it...mt next choice was a cgm...
Old 10-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
bigwayne3000

Thats good bro. Checked out your pics, your car def looks hot. I'm really leaning towards the orange. Which one you got, the LS or another model? Also what tint you got on there looks like 20% or possibly 35%?

Edit Nvm, I just saw it says 1LT under your name.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Best color ever. Although I do like Synergy Green. I get more compliments on the color and every time I look at it I smile. Can't go wrong. Truthfully though. The Camaro looks great in all it's colors. (It's just better in orange! )

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
bigwayne3000

v6 your car is sick too. I love the orange panels you got inside to which I wont be able to get since I'm only going LS however I will def be looking to add them once I get the $$. I think the orange would look great with some nice blue exterior lights like underbody or even the AAC rear bowtie. All your cars look great.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Best color ever. Although I do like Synergy Green. I get more compliments on the color and every time I look at it I smile. Can't go wrong. Truthfully though. The Camaro looks great in all it's colors. (It's just better in orange! )
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
v6 your car is sick too. I love the orange panels you got inside to which I wont be able to get since I'm only going LS however I will def be looking to add them once I get the $$. I think the orange would look great with some nice blue exterior lights like underbody or even the AAC rear bowtie. All your cars look great.
Have the dealer install the trim panels if you want them in the beginning. Or you can install them yourself.

And it is your car, but I would stay away from the exterior lights.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
im partial to black in the camaro and i was originally dealing on an IOM but changed last minute. the black is really sweet but a mother to keep clean and im a clean freak so now i wash it alot to keep it sweet. orange would have been a ton easier to own
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
im partial to black in the camaro and i was originally dealing on an IOM but changed last minute. the black is really sweet but a mother to keep clean and im a clean freak so now i wash it alot to keep is sweet. orange would have been a ton easier to own
IOM is a really easy colour to keep clean. I drove through rain twice and my car still looks pretty darn clean. i love me car, grabs soo much attention. They should call it Grabber Orange lol
If you like attention, IOM is the way to go. Everytime i step back and look at my baby in the sun, i cant help but smile. I LOVE my IOM baby!
Put it this way, i had about 20 people pointing and staring at my university when i roled in with my IOM, someone came in with a CGM and only the car guys noticed like myself. CGM is gorgous btw but IOM is STUNNING
Hope this helps, i really also recommend you get te IOM interior panels...love my interior.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #13
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
I am more than happy with my IOM LS! I originally wanted white, but when I saw it in person at the dealership, I wanted it. Depending on the lighting, it can look red, bright orange or golden-orange. I've noticed also that it looks like a deeper red-orange when under the lights in a parking garage. I've done window tint and blue bowties so far...
Attached Images

LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
bummer about that tag frame up front