Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #85
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
All testing complete and all DTC's corrected. Ready for transplant in a couple months. See video:
https://youtu.be/tsaersM2jvM
Very cool video. Reading through your thread on MC I believe it was, for LLT owners that would rather swap the LFX engine harness, TB, and Delphi this is possible yes?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #86
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
According to my testing, YES!!!! I have no reason now, to believe that there are going to be any issues.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #87
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
According to my testing, YES!!!! I have no reason now, to believe that there are going to be any issues.
Cool. maybe down the road i would consider it. Working with HPtuners now and will see what kind of gains I will get. Besides, already have a ported LFX manifold
Old 03-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #88
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
light bulb!!!

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #89
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

monty can you explain what exactly was done to the Dephi ECU..Vince flashed your vin and disabled vats?.. i know this is still not a complete project but when you have some time available could you create a FAQ if someone else where to do this.. having a Delphi ECU would make my life so much easier.. my motor runs remarkably well i would Love to switch out to a Delphi ECU .. Hands Down Unbelievable Job Cant wait til its in Hats OFF!!!!

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #90
alice

I plan on doing just that. I will be making a parts and installation set of instructions and be posting it. Sit tight and thanks for the compliments. My friend, Tracy Lewis at RX Products has done what you are talking about, that is, installing a Delphi ECU in an LLT Camaro. I understand it turned out great after Will did the tune. There is, however more to it than the ECU. Once I get my LFX installed and finalized the transplant, Tracy and I may offer conversion kits to do both the Delphi ECU conversion in the LLT and the LFX conversion in the LLT. These first off conversions take enormous amounts of time and effort due to the uncharted waters we are in. So many first time obstacles to overcome and time involved studying each and every electrical circuit involved in the communications between ECU and all the Body Control Modules. Sometimes, the mechanical part can be involved, as well. With Can Buss, it only takes (1) circuit incompatibility to screw up the entire system and thus, lead you into a very deep rabbit hole that can play havoc with a successful outcome. It has taken me almost a full year to get to where I am. Of course, I have had to run my Machine Shop business while doing this project, in order to pay my bills take home a paycheck to keep my wife at bay.

Concerning the Overkill Supercharger kit, I was at the shop developing the system and met Will. He is a very knowledgeable tuner and the kit is TOP OF THE LINE!! The attention to detail, impressed me the most. Top quality!!! If I didn't already have Turbochargers, I would purchase this kit.

Last edited by alice; 03-28-2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: added information
Old 03-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #91
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Awesome and if you need another guinea pig I'm here willing and able ...

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 03-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #92
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Well done! I haven't been on this site for a while due to medical issues, but I recall at one point that this was going to be done. For those who missed it- I'd love to see an article done that summarizes what you went through. Congrats!
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #93
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Awesome congrats! I would've even been happy with just an ECU swap. Gotta get rid of the Bosch s**t
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:22 AM   #94
alice

There is a way to do that without swapping engines. Already been done on (1) LLT!
Old 03-31-2017, 07:56 AM   #95
alice

OK, guys!!! I performed a final engine/transmission test on the 2014 LFX assembly. Attached are the final scan data for the ECM. NO DTCs!!!!! (Ignore the low EOP switch, erronous reading) Everything is perfect so I am tentatively scheduling the transplant into my Twin Turbo LLT Camaro for the end of April-beginning of May!!! So much work and money to get to this point but finally ready. I am very excited and this is going to be a winner for LLT owners with higher mileage engines. The beauty of this transplant is the much stronger and better engine and most importantly, the Delphi ECM!!!! Eases tuning by leaps and bounds!! Stay tuned. Pay particular attention to the final scan data!! When we started this project, we had 9 DTC's!! Took a long time to work them down to a BIG FAT 0!
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 03-31-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added data
Old 03-31-2017, 07:58 AM   #96
alice

OK, guys!!! I performed a final engine/transmission test on the 2014 LFX assembly. Attached are the final scan data for the ECM. NO DTCs!!!!! (Ignore the low EOP switch, erronous reading) Everything if perfect so I am tentatively scheduling the transplant into my Twin Turbo LLT Camaro for the end of April-beginning of May!!! So much work and money to get to this point but finally ready. I am very excited and this is going to be a winner for LLT owners with higher mileage engines. The beauty of this transplant is the much stronger and better engine and most importantly, the Delphi ECM!!!! Eases tuning by leaps and bounds!! Stay tuned. Pay particular attention to the final scan data!! When we started this project, we had 9 DTC's!! Took a long time to work them down to a BIG FAT 0!
Attached Images
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 03-31-2017 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added data
Old 03-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #97
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Speechless!!!!

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 03-31-2017, 05:35 PM   #98
Kcchiefscraig

Drives: 2010 LT synergy green
Very cool indeed! I might have to be third in line!
Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Kcchiefscraig is offline   Reply With Quote