Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #29
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Scott, another great part of my weekend was having several members of the Camaro Team sitting in my car and checking out my steering wheel. I told my wife that I'm not sure if it's good or bad that they saw no defect or other reason for my issue. She said that I'm obviously the problem. Lol. Thanks for the QC check.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #30
SpeedRacerX

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Wow!! That was very well said Scott. A very big thank you goes out to you and all the GM Family from the Plant, to the offices, and all the hard workers who keep the cars clean and ready for the shows. You guys are one of kind and I'm very proud to call you guys my friends and to welcome you to our ever growing Family.

I'm so glad that we were all able to "keep the faith!" The amount and quality of friends that I have made because of this "car" - it's "just a car" right?- is incredible. Never in my dreams would I have believed that this would ever happen. I literally "died and went to Camaro Heaven" this weekend. It is an experience and a "vacation" that I will never forget. Thank you to everyone who came out, all the vendors and sponsors, GM, SGMP and staff, the city of Valdosta, GA and of course Tran and Camaro5.com for making this happen.

I am very proud to be able to say that I am part of this great Family!!

-Guillermo
+1000 times agreed! GREAT weekend!
SpeedRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #31
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Scott, just wanted to say thanks again. It was a great opportunity to meet you again, I hate that I missed getting you to sign my car. Thanks again for making sure Thornton Chevrolet was going to get the spot after the Reliable trucks were moved out of the way. I'm so glad you were able to bring the cars that you did, the iver was very cool to see in person.

Thanks again
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I...for once...am speechless besides this very simple thought.

You, Scott...You and the Camaro team (including our VIP attendees, Cheryl, John, John, Al, Adam, Jeremy, and Tom) are the foundation of everything that took place this weekend. And I am sincerely humbled and proud that you all enjoyed yourselves.

Like Chris said Scott, without you folks there would be no Camaro, and without Camaro there would be no Camaro5Fest and none of these memories (including those of the kids on the sidewalk) could have been made and kept

This event may have seemed 'effortless' on the part of the organizers (I believe those were your words), but it could have been an absolute nightmare had it not been the ultimate in cooperation between all players involved combined with the brilliant leadership of Chris Valdez. The staff at the track was brilliant, the Vendors were fantastic, and the members were SO great and well-behaved (even at 3am in the parking lot of the host hotel) that I couldn't help but be stunned when I realized that 314 cars drove end to end for 32 miles at up to speeds of 85mph in an area almost none of them have ever been to before...and NOT A SCRATCH.

THANK YOU ALL for attending our 'little' event, and thank you for keeping the faith within the 'beast' so our Car could be brought back.

EDIT: Guess I'm not so speechless...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #33
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I...for once...am speechless besides this very simple thought.

You, Scott...You and the Camaro team (including our VIP attendees, Cheryl, John, Al, John, Adam, Jeremy, and Tom) are the foundation of everything that took place this weekend. And I am sincerely humbled and proud that you all enjoyed yourselves.

Like Chris said Scott, without you folks there would be no Camaro, and without Camaro there would be no Camaro5Fest and none of these memories (including those of the kids on the sidewalk) could have been made and kept.

This event may have seemed 'effortless' on the part of the organizers (I believe those were your words), but it could have been an absolute nightmare had it not been the ultimate in cooperation between all players involved combined with the brilliant leadership of Chris Valdez. The staff at the track was brilliant, the Vendors were fantastic, and the members were SO great and well-behaved (even at 3am in the parking lot of the host hotel) that I couldn't help but be stunned when I realized that 314 cars drove end to end for 32 miles at up to speeds of 85mph in an area almost none of them have ever been to before...and NOT A SCRATCH.

THANK YOU ALL for attending our 'little' event, and thank you for keeping the faith within the 'beast' so our Car could be brought back.

EDIT: Guess I'm not so speechless...
+1,000 and Thor
Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
What I DO know is this: In 33 years with General Motors, I don’t know that I’ve ever quite experienced what I did this past weekend at Camaro5fest. I saw every age group from all walks of life from all over the United States and Canada……..

…………….and one thing brought them together: A new Camaro.

I can tell you that the team will never stop “putting their all” into this car – we’ll never stop trying to continually improve it – so that you, our customer will continue to experience the joy of owning a Camaro – the “Pride of Ownership” – or, as I call it; “Perma-grin”

As I sit in a meeting tomorrow morning, I will probably let my mind drift back to Saturday – and I will realize that this is one of those “Defining moments” -- perhaps one of the best of my career…………and I will never forget that it is YOU – the enthusiast – who made this all possible…..because without YOU, there is no Camaro.
WOW! Like Joe...I'm speechless....

I've read your heartfelt posts before and yes, a lot have made my eyes "leak," as you say. But, this really means a lot...

And...like Chris said, Thank YOU! Because without the crew who made the Camaro, we would not be here.

I've made some d@mn good friends from all over the country because of this car. I have friends literally from coast to coast now...and I can NOT wait to see them again.

Thank you all for everything you have done. Thank you for joining us in GA. Thanks for coming down and having a good time. Personally, I really enjoyed getting to see you and the others again. It's great to just kick back and talk...

Thanks Scott. Thank you very much.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #35
1fastdog

Drives: 2002 Z06
Scott,

I'm thrilled that the C5 Fest went so very well. { I had a strong hunch that it would be a real EVENT }

I had spoken with Fitzpatrick mid-week and he told me to make way way up there. I was going to do so but discovered my Z06 wiper motor decided to punish my not purging the cowl drains in 8 years. { The cobbler's children go barefoot on occasion } Genuine GM parts were not available on a saturday morning... I couldn't chance it.

I do so wish I could have been there as I get a lot from the energy and passion of our fellow enthusiasts.

Thanks as well to all who made it such a memorable event. I'll meet you down the road, I'm certain.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #36
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
WOW! Like Joe...I'm speechless....

I've read your heartfelt posts before and yes, a lot have made my eyes "leak," as you say. But, this really means a lot...

And...like Chris said, Thank YOU! Because without the crew who made the Camaro, we would not be here.

I've made some d@mn good friends from all over the country because of this car. I have friends literally from coast to coast now...and I can NOT wait to see them again.

Thank you all for everything you have done. Thank you for joining us in GA. Thanks for coming down and having a good time. Personally, I really enjoyed getting to see you and the others again. It's great to just kick back and talk...

Thanks Scott. Thank you very much.

I second that and Chris it was a pleasure to finally met you in person, espcially since you basically live down the street from me
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #37
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Scott, It was an honor to meet you and to have you stand by thor and have a picture made with me was very nice of you... Thanks for your dedication to the Camaro and we as owners appreciate all of the work that you and your team have put in to bringing back the Camaro...

Thanks again for attending C5Fest and seeing what you did for us !!
Attached Images

Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:14 AM   #38
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Well said as always. Put a lump in my throat just reading it. The Camrao is an awsome piece and the people that own are pretty special.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #39
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I would not have #230 if not for Scott and Camaro5.com The mods alerted Fbodfather about Stephanie's cancer and I had a car on order. The next thing I knew Scott was asking for my order # and a few days later John F. was writing me saying they are building my car ASAP.

Well second day car and #230 is quick allright. When she got caught in Area 51, Scott and John came thru again and had show cars in Austin diverted from a straight up drive to Michigan to be brought 3 states to the east so my daughter could have a ride in one.

Scott you and John are true friends and it was great to finally shake your hand. And I am proud to call you a friend.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #40
b1pig

Drives: 2010 Dodge Challenger SE
Scott, I can't agree more with your description of the event. A car is often the embodiment of our own personality and drive for individuality. We tend to mold the car to our likes.. whether its for dress-up or for getting down to business... straight line or handling. The Camaro, like a handfull of other cars out there have their own personality. Their own presence. Chevrolet engineers and designers did a fine job packaging the 5th gen Camaro and I agree it is a wonderful car.

I'm an outsider. Been a Mopar guy most of my life.... but I grew up a gear head. Raised by an old man that was a Ford guy. I'm happy to see the pony cars "at war" again in the Big 3. Despite the troubled times, people found a way to travel from afar to a quiet pocket of the south to share their love of cars... and most particularly Chevrolet's Camaro.

After I left the Challenger parking lot bbq, the wife and I rode down to the hotel to take a look. We rode through in our SE Challenger... stopped and took a few pics of some beautiful cars. My wife and I grew up down here, and she's from a farming family. This event changed her in some ways. She seems to have a greater understanding of the car "ENTHUSIAST" now, thanks to Camaro5 and the Carmaro Fest. I wanted to get out and talk to some of the guys in the parking lot of the hotel that night, but I'd been up for about 24 hours at that point and it was time to go home. (prolly woulda slept in the parking lot that night.....) We dont get to travel much, but you guys brought it to our doorstep. Now, the wife really does understand, and I think that y'all helped her to loosen up a little. Might be a good thing no one had Challenger parts on hand.

The event was top-notch. For a first-time gathering, it was truly well orchestrated, which led to few problems. As a resident of the area, I also appreciate those who were respectful to the community and didnt go out hell-raising which has plagued some other events in other areas.

Well done, guys. You represented Chevrolet, Camaro5 and the auto industry in general, in an honorable fashion.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #41
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
As I read the OP, I day dreamed back to a time almost 9 months 21 days and 4 hours, but whose counting, when mine arrived at the delaership. It was at the front of the dealer shipped, shined up in between 2 Vettes. As I the dealer saw me drive up he came outside with the key, unlocked the doors and the lights blinked, I swear this machine (Dr Jkel) said Hello when the lights blinked on. I remember opening the door at getting to actually sit in it and then started the engine, 3 miles on it, Sounded Awesome and the raw power was evident. Dealer said to take it for a spin, I actually sat there over 30 minutes just soaking it all in, I sat there so long that the Owner came out and asked if something was wrong. No EVERYTHING was juuuuuuuust Right, I told him.

To own this wonderful "Car" had always been a dream. And this defining moment for me was knowing that until I take my last breath this would be mine.

Scott you and the Camaro team have made a defining moment for a lot of people and Thanks just doesn't seem to be enough. Thanks for such a wonderful " Car" , but we all know it is more than that.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #42
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Scott I wish I had met you , but every time I saw you you were very busy talking to other Camaro peeps and I didn't want to intrude knowing that I will prob. never own a Camaro again , since missing my opportunity back in July 09 . I had a beautiful ABM on order ( still the best color imho ) but the funds I was expecting didn't come trough befor the car did :( , So I found a very nice member of C5 ( Swansor ) to give her a new home , where they are both very happy and although I have a standing invitation to drive her , I know I can never do this , as I know that with all the hard work that you and your team have done to bring this fine car back to us enthusiasts , it would make driving anything else seem like such a chore instead of a pleasure . So I will not allow myself to do that so I can still drive my old classic Malibu with pleasure Which I love to death as well , but it's like apples and oranges , can't be compared . But enough of that was glad to see you and your team at the fest and glad you had a good time , Thanks to You and the Team for all you do .

Great Car
Great People
Great Fun
Great Dream

oh and

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote