Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #309
pennstatefb

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS IOM
Has anyone had this issue diagnosed or fixed in the Philly area?
pennstatefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #310
ryzrs10

Drives: Victory Red 2012 2SS Auto
There is a GM Bulletin for this on the 2012's. I have a 2010 v6 automatic and had a drone noise at certain speeds, not all the time but once in awhile. It got worse when I was out of town the other day. I took the car in, technician heard the drone and I showed him the bulletin for the 2012. He said that it doesn't pertain to my year HOWEVER, there where multiple, 3-4, updates for the powertrain and he detected that cylinder 2 misfired bit I never got a check engine light. So far I had the car back for only a day and everything seems to be fine now. I do recommend that Camaro owners ask if there are any updates for their cars when they get it serviced. Also, I have problems with my iPod input and they are replacing my radio for free under warranty.
ryzrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #311
orangecamaro12

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS; 2002 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd_trkr View Post
Make sure you print out a copy of the TSB and take it with you to the dealership, regardless, as some do not even know about it yet, as was the case at my dealership, until I explained the entire procedure to them, then they fixed it with an Upgraded GM Converter!
Did the new converter fix the problem or did it come back?

I had it replaced and now its back, Ive been dealing with GM and the dealer to get a fix.
orangecamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #312
Neil615

Drives: 2013 camaro ls
I'm having the same problem except my problem is at any speed as long as I'm between about 1k and 2k rpms mainly happens when I'm going up hill or getting on the interstate but sometimes it happens just trying to maintain speed
Neil615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #313
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil615 View Post
I'm having the same problem except my problem is at any speed as long as I'm between about 1k and 2k rpms mainly happens when I'm going up hill or getting on the interstate but sometimes it happens just trying to maintain speed
The best thing you can do is take it into your Dealership and get it checked out, as make sure you print out a copy of the Technical Service Bulletin and take it in with you! If the Torque Converter is bad, they will replace it with the upgraded one for the 2012 Camaro's with the 6L50 Transmission!
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #314
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecamaro12 View Post
Did the new converter fix the problem or did it come back?

I had it replaced and now its back, Ive been dealing with GM and the dealer to get a fix.
orangecamaro12, evidently they did not install the upgraded converter into your car, as they probably installed one from their local GM Hub Area and now you have to go through the same process all over again. Keep us posted as to how you make out, as they only replaced mine once and have not had any problem now in over 6,000 miles. BTW, FWIW, the Upgraded Torque Converter they use on the 2012 Replacements is the same Torque Converter they use in the 2013 Camaro 6L50 Transmissions as well....
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #315
goins04

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
continuing torque converter problems

I have been reading about the torque converter problems for a while. I had the torque converter replaced in my Camaro in march 2013. Last month my car started having the same problems again - vibrations and sputtering when shifting gears especially around 40-50 mph. Again the torque converter was replaced. I picked the car up last Friday and that afternoon was still having the same problem. I took it back to the dealer this week. They said it was "still showing the same code"...meaning bad torque converter. They said they would have to call GM to see what they wanted them to do. yesterday I got a call to come get my car as they would no longer pay for a rental for me. They said they were still unable to get ahold of GM and had done no work on my car. Today we get a call saying that this is just normal in this car and nothing was wrong with it. I am not sure what else to do.
goins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #316
pennstatefb

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS IOM
Actually today I went thru the same thing. My torque converter is bad for the 3rd time and they will not replace it. My dealer called GM and was told the same thing. They told me to come back when the converter fails completely.
pennstatefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #317
TexasDoll361
Katie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
So, I have been having this problem with my Camaro since the day I bought it (used)... I have taken it to the dealer 3 times, and they say "we don't feel it" or "you tires are bad in the front, need new tires" or
"we balanced the tires and we don't feel any shaking"...
Needless to say, the 4th time around, I finally made it a point to talk to the manager because I have mentioned the torque converter issue every time, and they ignore me as if I am stupid..

Well, I left if Friday, and they finally gave me a loaner '14 Silverado (can't complain) and the guy called me today and said that he drove it on the highway and didn't feel any shaking... but he said the check engine light came on...
I have NEVER had it come on, he said it was a 'misfire' code...

The transmission guy is out, and will be back in tomorrow, so I am curious to see what he says.
I told them I refuse to buy new tires if that is not the issue.. I may push them to replace the torque converter regardless because it seems like a lot of you have had the issue, and I might as well get it done!
TexasDoll361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #318
jparigen

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT - RS package
2012 2LT Torque Converter Clutch issue

I have had my Camaro since Mar 2012. At about 3,500 miles, I noticed the vibration and "rumble strip" vibration in the car. I took it into the local dealer and they were able to resolve the issue by replacing the TCC...that was over a year ago. Now, at 10,500 miles, I am having the same issue. I took it in to the dealer and they reproduced the vibration but thought it was due to the tires being out of balance. The tech said that it is a known issue with the V6 that there will be some vibration...which is not true....it didnt do it up to 3,500 miles and it didn't do it after they corrected it the last time. I got the car back and it is still doing it. I only drive about 12 miles a day. It is very disappointing to have this issue yet again when the car has very low mileage. I know that there are some GM representatives on this board...and my hope is that I get some guidance on how to proceed. I don't have (nor does anyone else) all kinds of time to waste going back and forth to the dealer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
jparigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #319
Siper
Hey! I am using WhatsApp.

Drives: 1LT RS 2011
Just for your information, I'm one of the people who complain about the vibration with my 2011 1LT automatic. I have used both 87 and 93 gas in Florida but the problem never solved.

Anyway, I have shipped my car to Saudi Arabia more than a year (I had like 35k+ mile on it) and start using gas 91 without ethanol. To be honest, I don't feel the vibration any more (Currently my car have 49k mile on it). I'm assuming a pure gas can help with this issue
Siper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #320
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparigen View Post
I have had my Camaro since Mar 2012. At about 3,500 miles, I noticed the vibration and "rumble strip" vibration in the car. I took it into the local dealer and they were able to resolve the issue by replacing the TCC...that was over a year ago. Now, at 10,500 miles, I am having the same issue. I took it in to the dealer and they reproduced the vibration but thought it was due to the tires being out of balance. The tech said that it is a known issue with the V6 that there will be some vibration...which is not true....it didnt do it up to 3,500 miles and it didn't do it after they corrected it the last time. I got the car back and it is still doing it. I only drive about 12 miles a day. It is very disappointing to have this issue yet again when the car has very low mileage. I know that there are some GM representatives on this board...and my hope is that I get some guidance on how to proceed. I don't have (nor does anyone else) all kinds of time to waste going back and forth to the dealer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
jparigen,

Sincere apologies to hear about the vibration with your Camaro. Any frustration this causes is certainly understandable. If needed, feel free to message us privately and we'll exhaust our options to help resolve your concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #321
shan1997

Drives: 2013 Red Hot Camaro
Any updates to what the rattling/vibration sound may be?
shan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #322
damienbayless

Drives: 2011 2LT Camaro
Took my 2011 2LT in for a transmission fluid flush on this past Saturday, picked it up and noticed the shaking at 1000-1200rpm, also around 80kmhr. Talked to the dealership and they said my driving habits must have changed as the problem would have been existent before....I have had the car for 3 years and driven 84,000km and have never had this issue. Now they want me to pay $450.00 to replace some bushing that's posted on a TSB...what a load of bull! Pay decent money to keep the car maintained and it comes out broken... The interior seams on the driver seat had started to let go only after 3 1/2 years, leather warranty of course only covers fading... I let that slide and realize i'm going to pay through the nose to repair that, but this shaking issue is ridiculous, even had the nerve to say well you purchased GMPP Plus why didn't you bring it in then? Because it was not an issue until after the tranny service! This is my first car and I absolutely love it but I don't feel I should have to pay the price for someone else's mistake. Any GM reps on board here able to help out?

Thanks!

Last edited by damienbayless; 04-15-2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Add details
damienbayless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging