Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
How does the butt dyno feel after long tube headers...

and what is the current brand everyone is buying now?

I would like the best quality ones with the best hp gain.

Please fill me in on what you did on your V-6 camaro and how it feels after the install.

Now that its well paid off I figure its time to add some Long Tube headers and a new throttle body and a tune. No more warrenty to void and I want to fall in love with my car again.

Anyone have a parts list of what they did?

Thanks much.

W
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
My butt dyno was great! So far it has not helped at the track though. I am hoping a re-tune since more tables have been accessed will help.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Nice was always interested in doing the LTs

Wizzer, have you done the VTC throttle control? Heard that was the best bang for buck mod
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
I have the VTC and long tubes. They both help in their own ways. The long tubes are definitely something you will feel though. I dont regret getting them at all. And that startup sound... omg. The best part of my day is starting my car in the morning. The VTC helps with throttle response but wont really change much else once you're moving. The LT's you will absolutely feel. Theres a long quiet stretch of road when i get off the free way to go home and I love winding out 3rd gear. Once you get over 2700rpm or so, it feels like there's a lot more power than before. My brother used to clown on my v6 until I took him for a spin after installing the headers. Even HE was speechless.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #5
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Nice was always interested in doing the LTs

Wizzer, have you done the VTC throttle control? Heard that was the best bang for buck mod

noooooo what?/?? Tell me about it please.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
I have the VTC and long tubes. They both help in their own ways. The long tubes are definitely something you will feel though. I dont regret getting them at all. And that startup sound... omg. The best part of my day is starting my car in the morning. The VTC helps with throttle response but wont really change much else once you're moving. The LT's you will absolutely feel. Theres a long quiet stretch of road when i get off the free way to go home and I love winding out 3rd gear. Once you get over 2700rpm or so, it feels like there's a lot more power than before. My brother used to clown on my v6 until I took him for a spin after installing the headers. Even HE was speechless.
Nice. I am in between jobs now so I am making my parts list and getting all the info so I can just pull the trigger on a big purchase and do it right.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #7
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Nice. I am in between jobs now so I am making my parts list and getting all the info so I can just pull the trigger on a big purchase and do it right.
The VTC is a cheap/easy plug n play module that will sharpen up throttle response but will not add additional power. Long tubes are expensive but will result in actual gains. As Ruby has stated on numerous threads, the ARH tubes are considered to be the best by many but they aren't cheap. I opted for BBK's myself because they were less expensive and I had someone on here offer them to me for a steal. Keep in mind with long tubes that the average time to install is going to be between 6-10 hours depending on how savvy you are with tools and whether or not you have a useful helper. I personally didn't have an ideal garage or tool set to be attempting the install myself so I paid someone to do the install. Obviously, every shop is different, but it cost me almost $500 just to install the headers. Also.... if you install long tubes you will need to have your car tuned so that you dont throw a check engine light. Depending on who you have tune it... you're looking at an additional $350 to $500. Another factor to consider is that Long tubes by themselves might not sound the way you want them to without changing out other parts of your exhaust. Almost anyone on here will tell you to install a resonated magnaflow x-pipe to help quiet down the rasp you'll get. I think they run around $200 installed by a muffler shop. Just something to consider into your total cost.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
noooooo what?/?? Tell me about it please.
Lol i cant tell if your being sarcastic or not.

Search it and watch the videos on youtube as well. Amazing mod I will get it for any car I buy or if I rebuild my v6
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:05 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Most all of the long tube header options for our V6 are going to provide you with the same result for HP. BBK, OBX, etc.

For sure you will want to check into the VTC. Quicker throttle response.

Also I recomend the Ice-Olater. Provides a nice gain of TQ and HP in the mid-range.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444421

For the install of headers (doens't matter which brand), check out my thread for help.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=obx
Old 03-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #10
Gman2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
I have BBK lt and I love them, I would run my friend in his MK5 Volkswagen R32 from a 40 roll all the time and we were dead even. So I ordered some BBK LT headers and installed them with out telling anybody, and I called up my friend and was like lets do a 40 roll. I ended up beating him by 2 1/2-3 Cars. They make a big difference with a nice tune.
Gman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #11
chevyracingfan

Drives: 2018 camaro ls 1le
got obx long tubes installed today. the more I pushed the gas the bigger the smile got lol
was a real power gain feels like a different car
still need to up date tune to get the full power from them.
chevyracingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #12
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyracingfan View Post
got obx long tubes installed today. the more I pushed the gas the bigger the smile got lol
was a real power gain feels like a different car
still need to up date tune to get the full power from them.
What are your options for the tune?
Old 03-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Lol i cant tell if your being sarcastic or not.

Search it and watch the videos on youtube as well. Amazing mod I will get it for any car I buy or if I rebuild my v6

No sarcasm. I don't know anything about it..

Was excited to hear about a mod I didnt know about.

I will google it.

Any threads on it?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #14
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
No sarcasm. I don't know anything about it..

Was excited to hear about a mod I didnt know about.

I will google it.

Any threads on it?
Go to the search button on this forum, type in VTC, change it over to Title only. You will have more info than you can read in an hour.

Truly a great bang for the buck item.